Windows 10: Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer

Discus and support Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, wondering what sort of resources are good for this? None of the tutorials linked in this forum seem to be directly about this topic, unless I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gntsketches, May 9, 2019.

1. Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer

Hi, wondering what sort of resources are good for this? None of the tutorials linked in this forum seem to be directly about this topic, unless I missed something. In general my machine has been super slow, and I really don't understand enough about how Windows works to learn how to fix it. Thanks!

:)

gntsketches, May 9, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, May 9, 2019
  3. ReubenFaleiro, May 9, 2019
  4. Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer

1. Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer - Similar Threads - Best tutorials recommendations

2. Slow up load speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow up load speed?: I have a new router I get 500+mbps downlead on both desktop and laptop connected by ethernet cable and 23.0 up on the laptop but only 0.24 on the desk top, why?Both are running windows10 and both are connecten to router by cable.There must ber some setting on the desk top...
  3. Slow up load speed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow up load speed?: I have a new router I get 500+mbps downlead on both desktop and laptop connected by ethernet cable and 23.0 up on the laptop but only 0.24 on the desk top, why?Both are running windows10 and both are connecten to router by cable.There must ber some setting on the desk top...
  4. Slow up load speed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow internet speed on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow internet speed on computer: Internet speed on my computer is slower than 2 mbps while on all other devices it is 30mbps plus - how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed-on-computer/7de02cba-a201-4cc0-a453-8e013eff9e91
  6. Best way to speed up computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to speed up computer.: I've been reading a lot about how windows 10 will get slower over time. What's the best way to speed the computer up again? I've seen a lot about how you should reinstall windows, but I would prefer another option. submitted by /u/FeenixFobia [link] [comments]...
  7. computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow any recommendations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow any recommendations: My Computers are slow and they say newer computers are slow also. Some say registry cleaners are not good for the registry and are snake oil. Any recommendations?...
  8. Best way to speed up PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to speed up PC?: What’s the best way to speed up a slow PC without using any of the conventional methods, i.e. downloading optimizers, disk cleanup, restore/factory reset, etc.? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Steve 114916
  9. Speed test recommendations?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed test recommendations?: I've been using Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test but I just got through with an exhaustive two separate night support case with AT&T Fiber Optic where it was shown to be incredibly inaccurate. Is there a better more accurate speed test out...
  10. Introduction to Windows 10 - best tutorial

in Windows 10 Support
    Introduction to Windows 10 - best tutorial: Thank you Brink, I have changed my P/W. Now I have another question. What is the best tutorial that I can use to bring me up to speed on windows 10? I have much experience with XP, so a tutorial that starts with that knowledge base might be suitable....