Windows 10: Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer

Discus and support Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, wondering what sort of resources are good for this? None of the tutorials linked in this forum seem to be directly about this topic, unless I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gntsketches, May 9, 2019.

1. Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer

Hi, wondering what sort of resources are good for this? None of the tutorials linked in this forum seem to be directly about this topic, unless I missed something. In general my machine has been super slow, and I really don't understand enough about how Windows works to learn how to fix it. Thanks!

:)

gntsketches, May 9, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, May 9, 2019
  3. ReubenFaleiro, May 9, 2019
  4. Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer

1. Best tutorials/recommendations for speeding up a slow computer - Similar Threads - Best tutorials recommendations

2. slow start up and processing speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow start up and processing speeds: Dear all. Help. I've had my touch screen laptop for about 7 years. I'm not on Windows 10. The start up and switching between programs / apps is horrendously slow and I don't know what to do to speed it up. I have used 3.98GB of 4 GB memory. Is this the reason why it is slow?...
  3. Speeding up computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speeding up computer: Hi;I kindly wanna ask how I can increase the speed of my laptop which uses windows 10 and was bought around five months ago? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speeding-up-computer/7c4dfde2-c2c0-4118-a465-598ff22307dc
  4. Speeding up your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speeding up your computer: I have not optimized my computer as of yet and I have no clue as to how long to expect it to take and what else I need to do to it to speed it up and to get it to download another version of Windows prior to the preview expiration date. can anyone help me! I hope this can...
  5. Speed up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speed up my computer: How can I use my flash drives to speed up my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/speed-up-my-computer/ac9baca4-74a6-444b-8aa6-64fdbcadc3a0
  6. Best way to speed up PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to speed up PC?: What’s the best way to speed up a slow PC without using any of the conventional methods, i.e. downloading optimizers, disk cleanup, restore/factory reset, etc.? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Steve 114916
  7. Which is the best software to clean/speed up pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is the best software to clean/speed up pc?: Which is the best software to clean/speed up pc? I feel my pc is slow. Menus dont show up after I click , after some seconds it does. Right click on desktop takes some seconds for the options to show up. I got 650GB free space. I have CCleaner but I want some good program...
  8. Speed test recommendations?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed test recommendations?: I've been using Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test but I just got through with an exhaustive two separate night support case with AT&T Fiber Optic where it was shown to be incredibly inaccurate. Is there a better more accurate speed test out...
  9. Recommendation of setting up a computer lab.

in Windows 10 Support
    Recommendation of setting up a computer lab.: Hello everyone, I have been recently asked to maintain a computer lab for my school. The person who was previously in charge of it tried to create his own image, which caused a lot of software issues and slowness. Beyond me making my own image, I would like some...
  10. Introduction to Windows 10 - best tutorial

in Windows 10 Support
    Introduction to Windows 10 - best tutorial: Thank you Brink, I have changed my P/W. Now I have another question. What is the best tutorial that I can use to bring me up to speed on windows 10? I have much experience with XP, so a tutorial that starts with that knowledge base might be suitable....