Windows 10: Best USB drive for weekly backups?

Discus and support Best USB drive for weekly backups? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've been browsing around for USB sticks to backup important files to, and am completely lost in the entire market. I am looking for 256-512gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SparkyLite, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Best USB drive for weekly backups?

I've been browsing around for USB sticks to backup important files to, and am completely lost in the entire market. I am looking for 256-512gb capacity, here are a couple i found. I have no idea what i should be looking for in USB sticks. Does anyone have experience and could lend me a hand?

Lexar JumpDrive S75 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - LJDS75-256ABNL (White): Amazon.ca: Gateway

SanDisk 256GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-256G-G46: Amazon.ca: Gateway

:)

SparkyLite, Apr 15, 2019

2. File History on several USB drives

Using File History to backup user files on W10 PC. Would like to rotate USB drives weekly, but File History does not recognize the new USB drive. Is there a way to have multiple USB drives switched out weekly for off-site storage?

EHM Support, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Best USB drive for weekly backups?

Converting an internal hard drive to an external backup

IDE can do 133MB/s

if he can find USB 3.0, go for it. i suggest a new drive + enclosure in one, just because it will be faster and more reliable. the 100GB drive can always be installed as an INTERNAL backup drive in the new machine anyway.

Mussels, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Best USB drive for weekly backups?

1. Best USB drive for weekly backups? - Similar Threads - Best USB drive

2. Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Backup to USB Drive.: I upgraded to Windows 11, from Windows 10, and is running successfully.When trying to backup existing files and folders to a USB drive, not all files are backed up:- Documents, Pictures are missing on the drive, and I then had to transfer manually. This creates a doubt as to...
  3. Best way to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Best way to backup: Hi, I recently had an issue where my hard drive corrupted and I lost everything. I didnt have a restore point or backup. Now I want to make sure that if this happens again, I have a backup. What is the best way to do this on a regular basis? Would I need a 3rd party...
  4. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  5. Best Backup for NAS drives?

Best Backup for NAS drives?: Hi, Would anyone recommend a good Cloud Backup for my NAS drives, Synology DS218J NAS 16TB and WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS 8TB both on RAID1 (HOME) setups but am looking for a online backup incase off theft or any other problems? I'm using about 2-4TB at the moment. Thanks...
  6. Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?: Hello, I have a folder on my D Drive. And also have my OneDrive folder on my D drive. How can I backup this folder on my D drive to my Outlook every week? Like if I make changes to the files in that folder, those files should get uploaded to OneDrive each week. 134434
  7. Best USB Hub Choice - Run Multiple USB 3.0 Drives for Various Backups?

Best USB Hub Choice - Run Multiple USB 3.0 Drives for Various Backups?: Pardon yet another, but I seem to breaking a lot of new ground this week. I bought 3x extra external drives to backup File History, Macrium and a manuscript writing programme I use to - the plan was a dedicated drive for each purpose. Add the all USB connecting router,...
  8. Backup to Network Drive fails after 1 week

Backup to Network Drive fails after 1 week: Using Windows 10 built-in backup settings, I set it to do automatic system backups to my WD MyCloud network drive. The backup works for about a week and then I get error messages "Your History File Drive was Disconnected..." and it will never reconnect to that drive again...
  9. Best backup program?

Best backup program?: What is the most dependable backup program for Windows 10? I need to backup to an external usb encrypted drive. I need to be able to restore both the system and individual files. Thanks. 57447
  10. USB Backup drive location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. best usb drive for backups