Windows 10: Best way to back up my data

Discus and support Best way to back up my data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Experts, What is the best way to back up my data, which does not recopy entire data but copies the delta changes and also ensure my data is backed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by protocoder, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Best way to back up my data

Hi Experts,

What is the best way to back up my data, which does not recopy entire data but copies the delta changes and also ensure my data is backed up. Hope, I don't have to buy software.

Thanks in advance

:)

protocoder, Dec 23, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Best way to back up my data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Best way to back up my data

Recent update changed the way you burn a data disc.

Hi John,

I realize that a recent update changed the way you burn a data disc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Which program or application are you using to burn the DVD?

• Which update was installed recently?
    Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Let us know the recent update after which you are facing this issue.

Keep us posted.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Best way to back up my data

1. Best way to back up my data - Similar Threads - Best data

2. Best data recovery software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best data recovery software for Windows 11: Hi.I need to know what is the best data recovery software for windows 11. Here is the summary:It's my work computer, I went on leave and a colleague wanted to use my laptop. It's an HP Probook G7, I had locked it with a fingerprint lock. So desperate, he refreshed the...
  3. Best data recovery software for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best data recovery software for Windows 11: Hi.I need to know what is the best data recovery software for windows 11. Here is the summary:It's my work computer, I went on leave and a colleague wanted to use my laptop. It's an HP Probook G7, I had locked it with a fingerprint lock. So desperate, he refreshed the...
  4. What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?: I recently encountered an issue with my Windows 10 computer where I lost some important data due to a system error, and I am now searching for a reliable and best data recovery software for Windows 10. However, I am not sure which one to choose asthere are so many options...
  5. What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?

What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?: I recently encountered an issue with my Windows 10 computer where I lost some important data due to a system error, and I am now searching for a reliable and best data recovery software for Windows 10. However, I am not sure which one to choose asthere are so many options...
  6. What's Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Best way for recovering internal drive's data in future?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way for recovering internal drive's data in future?: There are options like creating a byte-to-byte backup of the drive for doing so. Which is the best option which I may not be knowing?Device name DESKTOP-IQARQM4 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable Device ID...
  8. Best way for recovering internal drive's data in future?

Best way for recovering internal drive's data in future?: There are options like creating a byte-to-byte backup of the drive for doing so. Which is the best option which I may not be knowing?Device name DESKTOP-IQARQM4 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable Device ID...
  9. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  10. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...