Windows 10: Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot?

Discus and support Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Im trying to find out the best way to fix a Windows 10 system drive that wont boot due to malware (just for learning purposes, I don't have any issues... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by antonio3535, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot?

Im trying to find out the best way to fix a Windows 10 system drive that wont boot due to malware (just for learning purposes, I don't have any issues at present).

Im thinking of these two options:

-Adaware bootable Rescue USB (it supposedly disinfects malware)
    -Microsoft Security: such as by attaching the affected Windows 10 system drive with a SATA-to-USB and scanning it from a working Windows 10 PC.

Which of these would be better? Any better options?

I guess Microsoft Security would be a better choice as I read that it will not only remove malware but will repair affected files (I guess itd replace affected system files or similar). Something that Adaware wouldnt do?

Any advice much welcome ☺

:)

antonio3535, Nov 28, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, Nov 28, 2020
  3. sttubs Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot?

1. Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot? - Similar Threads - Best disinfect system

2. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...: Hi Greg,This post carries on from my last Question at...What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? And Greg was the guy who helped last timeIt's been a while since my last post, but I now have the following problem, which I hope you can help me with. This is...
  3. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...: Hi Greg,This post carries on from my last Question at...What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? And Greg was the guy who helped last timeIt's been a while since my last post, but I now have the following problem, which I hope you can help me with. This is...
  4. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?

What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?: Hi Your advice please: I currently have a dual-boot system, and its HDD has 2 partitions, which are: GUIP/GPT one for W7 & the other for W10.The HDD is running hot, so I've decided to replace the W10 OS and put it onto a new SSD.And for now, I’ll leave W7 on the HDD, but I...
  6. Best way to transfer Windows 10 operating system

Best way to transfer Windows 10 operating system: Just brought a m.2 drive, I want to transfer the the Windows 10 operating system, and drivers from my SSD drive to the new m.2 drive.Would like to keep all other files on the SSD, what's the best way to do this?...
  7. Best way to create system image?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to create system image?: Hello so best software to create system image?is windows 10 built in system image creator ( windows 7) is reliable?idk how reliable it is so are there any better softwares to do that?i want to create a proper image of my whole drive c because i am gonna have to restore it...
  8. What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop?

What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop?: I just bought a new laptop still in factory box, it comes with a 1TB 5400 HDD. However, my current laptop has a 1TB SSHD. Both drives have Windows 10 installed. What is the best way to make the SSHD the boot drive in the new laptop? 1) I assume it would not be a good idea...
  9. Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?: Hi, I have a PC running Windows xp x32 only at the moment. I want to end up with it running Windows XP (as default) and Windows 10 x64 as a dual boot. What's the best way? 70879
  10. Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 7 only at the moment. I want to end up with it running Windows XP (as default) and Windows 10 as a dual boot. What's the best way? I have an unused XPx64 installation disc and I have used "Windows 10 CreationToolx64.exe" (from MS):...