Windows 10: Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot?

Discus and support Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Im trying to find out the best way to fix a Windows 10 system drive that wont boot due to malware (just for learning purposes, I don't have any issues... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by antonio3535, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot?

Im trying to find out the best way to fix a Windows 10 system drive that wont boot due to malware (just for learning purposes, I don't have any issues at present).

Im thinking of these two options:

-Adaware bootable Rescue USB (it supposedly disinfects malware)
    -Microsoft Security: such as by attaching the affected Windows 10 system drive with a SATA-to-USB and scanning it from a working Windows 10 PC.

Which of these would be better? Any better options?

I guess Microsoft Security would be a better choice as I read that it will not only remove malware but will repair affected files (I guess itd replace affected system files or similar). Something that Adaware wouldnt do?

Any advice much welcome ☺

:)

antonio3535, Nov 28, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, Nov 28, 2020
  3. sttubs Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot?

1. Best way to disinfect a Windows 10 system drive that won’t boot? - Similar Threads - Best disinfect system

2. Best way to wipe laptop drive except Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to wipe laptop drive except Windows: A friend has asked me to wipe his laptop drive except for Windows 10 as the drive is a mess and the laptop is very slow. Which is the best way to achieve this? 172522
  3. Windows won’t boot off of drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t boot off of drive: Accidentally changed a partition or something on my SSD, and now my BIOS is telling me that there’s no OS on my computer... I have 0 clue how to fix this, can someone help? submitted by /u/LoganKuhar [link] [comments]...
  4. Cloned drive won’t boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloned drive won’t boot: I copied my upgraded OS from a suspected failing 13yr-old Seagate 160GB (keeps crashing) onto a WDC 500GB using MiniTool Partition Wizard – How to migrate OS to SSD/HD, but the cloned drive won’t boot, it just shows a DOS screen with the letter j followed by a blinking...
  5. Best way to reinstall windows 10?

Best way to reinstall windows 10?: If this is the wrong forum, please direct me to the right one, thanks! Hello! A few months ago I discovered that my desktop PC hasn't been updated since October 12, windows update gives a 0x80080005 error, and windows defender is nowhere to be found the security window in...
  6. Windows 10 won’t boot

Windows 10 won’t boot: i just installed a new processor and motherboard in my computer and went through with a clean install of windows 10. The install runs through fine and completes, but once its done it restarts and just returns to the bios. Even when i restart from there same thing just brings...
  7. Best Way To Move Users Folder Back to System Drive With Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Way To Move Users Folder Back to System Drive With Programs: Hi! I have a computer that is stuck in an "automatic repair" loop. On this machine, the Users folder is on a separate physical hard drive than the system drive. I have concluded that I will have to reset the PC. What is the best way to move the Users folder back to the...
  8. What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop?

What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop?: I just bought a new laptop still in factory box, it comes with a 1TB 5400 HDD. However, my current laptop has a 1TB SSHD. Both drives have Windows 10 installed. What is the best way to make the SSHD the boot drive in the new laptop? 1) I assume it would not be a good idea...
  9. Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?: Hi, I have a PC running Windows xp x32 only at the moment. I want to end up with it running Windows XP (as default) and Windows 10 x64 as a dual boot. What's the best way? 70879
  10. Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 7 only at the moment. I want to end up with it running Windows XP (as default) and Windows 10 as a dual boot. What's the best way? I have an unused XPx64 installation disc and I have used "Windows 10 CreationToolx64.exe" (from MS):...