Windows 10: Best way to extend Wi Fi out of far corner room - Have extenders

Discus and support Best way to extend Wi Fi out of far corner room - Have extenders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Have a new Netcomm 18Mesh as primary router into the NBN modem but want to extend the WiFi range. The NBN comes into the house in the far corner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ozstar, Sep 29, 2020.

1. ozstar Win User

Best way to extend Wi Fi out of far corner room - Have extenders

Hi,
    Have a new Netcomm 18Mesh as primary router into the NBN modem but want to extend the WiFi range.

The NBN comes into the house in the far corner of the front room and that's also where the 18MESH is.
    I need to a good WiFi signal out of this room to the rest of the house.
    I also have a Netcomm NF17ACV as well as two TP-LINK AC-1300 Deco M5 Extenders.
    Is it best I cable the NF17 to outside that room, then run the Deco's as Wi Fi from that?
    Or is there a better way?
    Also what are the basic settings in the NF17 to set it up as an AP?
    Thanks

Win10 64 2004

:)

ozstar, Sep 29, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

D-Link Now Shipping DCH-M225 Wi-Fi Audio Extender

D-Link today announced that the Wi-Fi Audio Extender (DCH-M225) is now shipping. Designed to stream music from a smartphone or tablet directly to virtually any connected speaker or home stereo, the Wi-Fi Audio Extender is a seamless way to enjoy music throughout the house. The compact and ultra-portable extender works with any speaker with a standard 3.5mm audio jack and connects wirelessly to an existing home network, allowing users to play music in any room with a Wi-Fi connection. It can also be quickly and easily moved from room to room so there's always music playing, no matter where the party goes.

The Wi-Fi Audio Extender doubles as a wireless range extender, eliminating Wi-Fi dead zones and broadening the range of a wireless network for everyday Internet activities like emailing, chatting, video streaming, and music streaming. Equipped with Wireless N technology, the extender delivers speeds of up to 300Mbps and makes use of a home's environment by bouncing multiple wireless signals off walls and ceilings to work around obstructions. In addition, the Wi-Fi Audio Extender is universally compatible with all router brands and features a simple one-button installation. Users simply press the WPS button on the existing router and then on the Wi-Fi Audio Extender to sync and instantly increase the coverage of a wireless home network.

Best way to extend Wi Fi out of far corner room - Have extenders 151b_thm.jpg

"What sets the Wi-Fi Audio Extender apart from many others on the market is that it uses Wi-Fi rather than Bluetooth technology for higher quality audio and better range throughout the house. Music lovers expect clear sound quality, and this product delivers," said Ken Loyd, director of consumer product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "For added convenience, it also boosts Wi-Fi coverage in hard-to-reach areas like backyards, basements and upstairs bedrooms, ensuring a great listening experience no matter where you are in the home."

More about the Wi-Fi Audio Extender (DCH-M225):
    • DLNA/AirPlay Support - Using an AirPlay or DLNA-enabled device, users can stream music playing on a smartphone or tablet to the Wi-Fi Audio Extender and listen to the music using a connected speaker or home stereo
    • N300 Wireless Extender - Extends range of existing Wi-Fi network with wireless speeds of up to 300Mbps to significantly outperform Wireless G technology
    • Flexible - Compatible with any wireless router brand and works with any speaker with a standard 3.5mm audio jack
    • Compatible - Works with existing Wi-Fi devices (802.11ac/n/g/b)
    • Wi-Fi Protected Setup - Push button setup for easy connection to a wireless network
    • Secure Wireless Encryption - Uses WPA or WPA2 security
    Availability and Pricing
    The D-Link Wi-Fi Audio Extender is now available for $49.99.

btarunr, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Western Digital Unveils the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender

WD, a subsidiary of Western Digital, and a world leader in external storage and solutions for today's connected life, today unveils its My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender to expand wireless home networks into out-of-reach areas of the home.

Following the introduction of its first line of wireless home networking products, the acclaimed My Net family of HD dual-band routers, the selectable dual-band My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster, stronger and more reliable wireless network coverage to computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, media players, smart TVs and other Wi-Fi connected devices that suffer from a weak Wi-Fi signal within the home.

Best way to extend Wi Fi out of far corner room - Have extenders wd_my_net_range_extender_01_thm.jpg

"Today's home is filled with multiple Wi-Fi connected devices simultaneously streaming movies, music and TV shows on services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, VUDU and others," explains Scott Vouri, general manager for WD's connected life solutions group. "The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender provides faster speeds at greater distances, enabling HD streaming to the outermost areas of the home."

My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender's power comes from its 3x3 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) antenna array design, versus the 2x2 design used by most competitive products. This design enables customers to significantly extend the Wi-Fi signal from their existing routers or gateways, letting them enjoy HD streaming movies, online gaming and video calls in remote areas of the home with the fastest wireless-N speeds possible. The range extender also features a Gigabit Ethernet port, providing a high-speed Internet connection for distant, wired-only entertainment devices.

Setup of the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is a simple two step process, with no installation CD or software needed. Customers can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect the range extender to their existing home network with a push of a button. Then they can use the convenient Wi-Fi signal strength indicator lights on the front of the range extender to find the optimal signal-boosting location in their home. Once all the indicator lights are lit, the My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is in the best location to provide maximum performance. The My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is compatible with all Wi-Fi certified routers and gateways, as well as all wireless Wi-Fi standards, from 802.11a to 802.11ac.

Availability and Pricing
    My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender is available now at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $89.99 USD.

Cristian_25H, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Best way to extend Wi Fi out of far corner room - Have extenders

Using powerlines for Wi-fi extending

I am looking at TP-Link TL-WPA8730KIT, but need another extender, d-link tell me I can use ANY extender, does this mean the Wi-fi strength and protocol (801-ac) resides only in the sender unit and it doesn’t matter which extender you use the Wi-fi will be as strong as the extender that comes with the kit.....very difficult to get definitive answers, even d-link live chat isn’t much good

the internet is a basic phone line supply, so not sure if the powerline I listed is overkill.....my other thought was to run a cable from the router to the other end of the house and buy a router to convert to WAP, it again I don’t know if I should buy an expensive router £80-£90 or use an old one, as this may well be sufficient. The Wi-fi is used for amazon prime video mainly and some browsing, no gaming.

have researched this a lot, but can’t fimd any useful answers

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Best way to extend Wi Fi out of far corner room - Have extenders

1. Best way to extend Wi Fi out of far corner room - Have extenders - Similar Threads - Best extend far

2. Latency Issues with WI-FI Extender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latency Issues with WI-FI Extender: Hello! I was wondering if anyone is able to help me out with my latency issues I've been having. I recently purchased a D-Link EAGLE PRO AI AX1800 WiFi 6 Mesh Router to use as a WI-FI extender. My internet download and upload speeds sat at around 300 mbps and everything ran...
  3. Latency Issues with WI-FI Extender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latency Issues with WI-FI Extender: Hello! I was wondering if anyone is able to help me out with my latency issues I've been having. I recently purchased a D-Link EAGLE PRO AI AX1800 WiFi 6 Mesh Router to use as a WI-FI extender. My internet download and upload speeds sat at around 300 mbps and everything ran...
  4. Latency Issues with WI-FI Extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi if extenders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi if extenders: I cannot connect my net gear range extender. Net gear suggest using a static IP address. I can see how to do this in Windows but where do I get tha address from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-if-extenders/4881bc3f-4992-4865-a792-b38271ca710b
  6. Using powerlines for Wi-fi extending

Using powerlines for Wi-fi extending: I am looking at TP-Link TL-WPA8730KIT, but need another extender, d-link tell me I can use ANY extender, does this mean the Wi-fi strength and protocol (801-ac) resides only in the sender unit and it doesn’t matter which extender you use the Wi-fi will be as strong as the...
  7. Connect Wi-Fi Extender

Connect Wi-Fi Extender: I am trying to connect a tp-link range extender (model TL-WAB55RE) to my wi-fi network. I do not have a wifi icon in my system tray. I cannot find wifi settings in Windows 10 in order to make the necessary connections. Help!...
  8. Wi-Fi Extender/Repeaters

Wi-Fi Extender/Repeaters: I was wanting to know somethings about those Wi-Fi extenders/repeaters.. Since I Wi-Fi off my sisters modem/router at distance and her cell phone is causing me not to send or receive data till she gets off her phone,, can I use one of them here in my home or does it have to...
  9. Extending two wi-fi Networks simultaneously with one Range Extender

Extending two wi-fi Networks simultaneously with one Range Extender: I have two network connections at home. I have extended one using TP-LINK Extender. But I want to extend both simultaneously using only one extender. I just want to know if such an extender is being marketed. Best and regards, Amarnath Wanchoo 56415
  10. How extend range of wi-fi

How extend range of wi-fi: I'd like to know what the options are to extend my wi-fi signal range. I have extra routers if that help and I'm hoping to not spend a lot of money. Thank you. 98411