Windows 10: Best way to fully uninstall apps and hidden files?

Discus and support Best way to fully uninstall apps and hidden files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone; I am wondering if there is an application that can help uninstall apps and 100% of any remnant files or hidden files. If you look in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kickeddog, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Best way to fully uninstall apps and hidden files?

Hi everyone;

I am wondering if there is an application that can help uninstall apps and 100% of any remnant files or hidden files. If you look in my post history you will find a very recent post asking about uninstalling Adobe Lightroom. Long story short, I uninstalled Lightroom and still had to find and delete a hidden folder that had almost 100GB of unused or unnecessary files.

Is there a better option than using the manufacturer's uninstall app or Apps & features in system settings?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/kickeddog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kickeddog, Nov 26, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Program will not fully uninstall

One possible reason why you can't uninstall this program is because it's still running. You can have it stopped first (from running) before uninstalling. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key and type in "task manager"
    • Click on Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
    • Look for the app you want to uninstall. Right-click on it and tick on
      End task
    • After doing this so, try to uninstall the app.

Let us know the outcome of this suggestion.

John Sarc, Nov 26, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Best way to fully uninstall apps and hidden files? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Best way to fully uninstall apps and hidden files?

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, Best way to fully uninstall apps and hidden files? :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Best way to fully uninstall apps and hidden files?

1. Best way to fully uninstall apps and hidden files? - Similar Threads - Best fully uninstall

2. Best way to "Show hidden devices" in devmgmt.msc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to "Show hidden devices" in devmgmt.msc?: So there are 2 ways I know of to show hidden devices:1. In the Device Manager we go to View > Show hidden devices2. In the command prompt we enter:Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1Devmgmt.mscAnd then still proceed to View > Show hidden devices.Is there any advantage in...
  3. Best way to "Show hidden devices" in devmgmt.msc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to "Show hidden devices" in devmgmt.msc?: So there are 2 ways I know of to show hidden devices:1. In the Device Manager we go to View > Show hidden devices2. In the command prompt we enter:Set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1Devmgmt.mscAnd then still proceed to View > Show hidden devices.Is there any advantage in...
  4. Best way to "Show hidden devices" in devmgmt.msc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  6. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  7. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Best way to fully clean the register?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to fully clean the register?: Hi, I would like to fully clean my register, i have some Issues with malware. Fully clean windows wipe and reinstall don't affect the register. Is there any software that does this? Doing it manually would take ages :/. https://imgur.com/a/CucSQ9o submitted by...
  9. I can't fully uninstall this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't fully uninstall this app: I was recently having problems with nordvpn so I decided to install and uninstall again to see if it would fix the problem.I couldn't understand all that so I killed all of the processes related to nordvpn and then I was able to uninstall. when I tried to download it again it...
  10. hidden files uninstall/removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hidden files uninstall/removal: I have flvto installed how do I remove it its not in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/hidden-files-uninstallremoval/5cd7d891-13e1-4514-a8d9-255894ac1005