Windows 10: Best way to identify bad driver?

Discus and support Best way to identify bad driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm getting BSODs with different causes, but the common element seems to be "bad driver." Is that a stock answer for all BSODs? Assuming that there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x509, May 22, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Best way to identify bad driver?

I'm getting BSODs with different causes, but the common element seems to be "bad driver." Is that a stock answer for all BSODs? Assuming that there is a bad driver, what's the best tools or methods to discover that?

I'm having this issue on only one of my Windows 10 Pro systems. The other three systems are rock-solid stable.*Wink

:)

2. Bad driver to DVD-player

Hi,

The issue might cause if the drivers are not updated. So, I suggest you to update the driver software by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, download the latest drivers from the manufacturer and install the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2019
  3. Is there a way to undo a driver rollback?

To resolve your concern with the mouse not working appropriately, here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Method 1: Roll back to the older driver.

• Press Windows Key + X then select Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Locate your mouse or touchpad and double-click to open the Properties option.
    • Go to the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver button. Click
      OK.
    Method 2: Change the mouse double click speed in the Control Panel.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and hit
      Enter.
    • Locate and click Mouse to change the mouse settings.
    • Locate the Double-click speed option and change it by moving the slider.
    • After you’re done, click Apply and OK to save changes and check if the issue is fixed.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 22, 2019
  4. Best way to identify bad driver?

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Best way to identify bad driver? :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Best way to identify bad driver?

1. Best way to identify bad driver? - Similar Threads - Best identify bad

2. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  3. What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10: I'm confused. How do I actually install drivers in Windows 10? Does windows install them automatically for me? Or should I go to my manufacturer website and download drivers from them and disable device installation service?...
  4. What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10: I'm confused. How do I actually install drivers in Windows 10? Does windows install them automatically for me? Or should I go to my manufacturer website and download drivers from them and disable device installation service?...
  5. What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Best Driver identifier tool and question about winpe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Driver identifier tool and question about winpe: Stay Safe -- Take Care I wish immediate safety & well being of all members there families and community in large. I want to know whether WinPE also needs a separate license or its free. I came across windows 10 pro Workstation (pro Plus ) Edition which has far more features...
  7. Best way to maintain DV7 drivers

Best way to maintain DV7 drivers: having problems maintaining DV7 drivers for the onboard camera on windows 10 os. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-maintain-dv7-drivers/259e7cb9-fe3c-45cc-8d69-bb23dd54553e
  8. Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually

Best free tool to identify outdated drivers - will download manually: Which driver manager free trial does the best job of identifying all the out-of-date drivers in my Win 10 Pro 64 system? I'm OK with doing manual downloads and installs, but I need to to know which drivers to work on. I'm getting BSODs now every 2-3 days *Mad , and I've...
  9. Whats the best way to deal with bad sectors in hard drive?

Whats the best way to deal with bad sectors in hard drive?: My hard drive used to have a bit of freeze on opening some of the files so I decided to run a chkdsk /f via CMD. That converted my disc to dynamic somehow and it wouldnt even let me boot to windows. Anyway after installing EaseUS partition master I was able to turn my hard...
  10. Best way to update drivers

Best way to update drivers: Best way to update drivers I recently purchase a laptop and want to know a few things about driver update Firstly i discovered there a few ways by which one can update drivers but i want too know which one of these is better and should be preferred : 1) Driver...