Windows 10: Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64?

Discus and support Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Win10/Pro x64 version 19042.804 or 20H2 At 81 I'm no longer interested in spending my limited remaining hours learning new razzle-dazzle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by baumgrenze, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64?

I am running Win10/Pro x64 version 19042.804 or 20H2

At 81 I'm no longer interested in spending my limited remaining hours learning new razzle-dazzle software.
    I've finally given in and am moving to Win10 from Win7. I'd like to install legacy software for which I still have official CDs, e.g., Office 2000, Acrobat 9, PSE-6, Autosketch 9, and software of that generation. It has run fine for me on Win7. I'm certainly not interested in a monthly subscription arrangement.

Do I need to take special steps to install it and use it effectively under Win10?

Stay safe!

:)

baumgrenze, Feb 10, 2021

2. Download Media Win10 Pro x64 - Build 1607 or 1511

Hello,

I need a bootable installation media for Win10 Pro x64 - Build 1607 or 1511 however, Media Creation Tool only downloads 1709 which is not allowed for my application.

How can I get Win10 Pro x64 - Build 1607 or 1511 installation media?

Best regards!

Marco Yoshiro, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Feb 10, 2021
  4. 0pTicaL Win User

Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64?

"Application Install install package failure!" while installing 13.9

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MSI 6970 Lightning.

I was upgrading from 13.4 after I did a clean uninstall with AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

Doesn't say what installation failed in the install log. Everything in the log says Success but at the very bottom it says "Application Install: install package failure!" but doesn't say what failed to install.

I only install video drivers and no CCC.

The only thing I noticed is AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed in my programs list.

0pTicaL, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64?

1. Best Way to Install Legacy Applications in Win10/Pro x64? - Similar Threads - Best Install Legacy

2. Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro x64 BCD Not Working!: HiI ran out of space on my NVME drive so replaced it with a larger one.I manually copied the MSR and EFI partition as well as my Win10 partition.I know from previous experience when moving my backup partition that I need to boot into my installation media on USB then use CMD...
  3. Best way to save softwares & applications settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to save softwares & applications settings: Hello guys, tl;dr : Do you know guys any tool that just copy paste all the settings from my app ? So when it's reinstalled, I have nothing to do ? For some reasons, I tend to reset my computer a lot. By that, I mean booting windows 10 from an USB device, erase my current...
  4. Best way to migrate install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to migrate install?: Helping my son upgrade his W10 PC. He's moving to an all-new system -- everything except for his SSD. His original system is at least 7 years old, so I'm sure it has a ton of outdated drivers and code from when he was still running W7. Few questions: First question is just...
  5. installing legacy applications

installing legacy applications: In the past I have been able to install legacy software on windows10. And in the installed software selection there was a selection that would search and make changes so the software run properly. Now I can't find that feature and it won't even start install fron the...
  6. Best Way to Install Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Way to Install Updates?: I would like to get a mini poll here on how people would install Windows 10 Updates? For now, I set it to Auto Download and Notify to Install from the Group Policy settings since I have the Pro version. Please provide me some feedback on how you guys do the Windows...
  7. Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10: I have Win10 and a 2 Terabyte external drive. I want to hang small old drives off the machine and copy their contents (200G, 100G, stuff like that) to that 2 Tera drive so's I can then wipe them and perhaps use them for other purposes. Windows copy seems uncertain. I...
  8. Best Way to Build A New Win10 Machine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Way to Build A New Win10 Machine.: I have this Gigabyte B75M-D3V board and an i3 cpu. And a new Seagate 1T hard drive. The drive is totally new. Hasn't been formatted or anything at all. What's the best way for me to get from here to a working Win10 system? I can't connect it to the internet right...
  9. Best way to migrate Win10 to new HDD

Best way to migrate Win10 to new HDD: Title really says it all. I am getting my mother an upgraded MB/Processor/RAM for Xmas as she's on a MB from 2009 currently <LOL> The computer has a 1st or 2nd generation SATA 300GB HDD and the bundle package I ordered came with a brand new 1TB SATA HDD. Aside from...
  10. Best way to install Win10 on a system with 2 other OS' on separateHDD?

Best way to install Win10 on a system with 2 other OS' on separateHDD?: Sorry for that mess of a title... Right now I have 3 OS' on 3 different drives. I have win7 (which I never use) on an old 1TB harddrive that is being used for storage. On a Sandisk 120gb SSD, I have Win10 installed, and this is the main OS I use. When I upgraded from...