Windows 10: Best way to move content from one W10 user to another?

Discus and support Best way to move content from one W10 user to another? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a W10 user that I've used for a long time, and I want to move its content to another user on the same PC. Is there some kind of software or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/retasj, Sep 8, 2020.

1. /u/retasj Win User

Best way to move content from one W10 user to another?

I have a W10 user that I've used for a long time, and I want to move its content to another user on the same PC. Is there some kind of software or something to make this process easier and less time consuming?

The reason I want to do it is because the old user has a name with a space and a hashtag in it, which seems to mess up some software trying to read from the User folder. And the folder in the User folder can't be changed.

submitted by /u/retasj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/retasj, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 8, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Best way to move content from one W10 user to another?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Best way to move content from one W10 user to another?

1. Best way to move content from one W10 user to another? - Similar Threads - Best move content

2. What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive?: Hello,I need guidance in following matter.What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive? Will appreciate step by step instructions of the procedure. I will be doing this process on mobile phone & not on a computer or a laptop.I have tried creating a link for...
  3. What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive?: Hello,I need guidance in following matter.What is the best way to move files & photos from One Drive? Will appreciate step by step instructions of the procedure. I will be doing this process on mobile phone & not on a computer or a laptop.I have tried creating a link for...
  4. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  5. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move files from one user profile to another: Hello, I am trying to move files from one account to another on windows. However, once I go into advanced system settings and then into user profiles only the "Default profile" can be "copied to" while all the other user profiles cannot. If I could get an answer on how to...
  6. Unable to move files from one user profile to another

7. Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...

Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...: I have been trying to figure this out for most of the morning.I am in a company IT department and one user inherited both the job/computer of the last person who did her job.On the computer there are two accounts , the one from the user who is gone but current user still...
  8. Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to merge the files/permissions from one user on a computer to another user...: I have been trying to figure this out for most of the morning.I am in a company IT department and one user inherited both the job/computer of the last person who did her job.On the computer there are two accounts , the one from the user who is gone but current user still...
  9. How to move data from one user account to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move data from one user account to another?: How do I move all the programs and files from one user to another user on the same system? submitted by /u/samerium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijpcft/how_to_move_data_from_one_user_account_to_another/
  10. How to move an app from a user to another one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move an app from a user to another one: Hi, I created a new user for me on the same laptop my mom uses. I play Township (a game app) on her user and I want to transfer it to my personal user. Any idea how to do it? submitted by /u/Retrograde-Motion [link] [comments]...