Windows 10: Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The updates are worse than any security threats. What is the best way to block them entirely. Programs like shutdownblocker seem to not work long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uspsman, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates

The updates are worse than any security threats.

What is the best way to block them entirely. Programs like shutdownblocker seem to not work long term.

submitted by /u/uspsman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/uspsman, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Hood Win User

Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

Windows also updates 7, 8, and 8.1 to include the same data-gathering microcode, so your privacy on those systems is also compromised, but with no way to easily block it (Windows 10 has comprehensive settings for privacy options). You could have Windows Update turned off permanently, but that leaves you open to malware attacks as new vulnerabilities are exploited. So enjoy your paid-for Windows 7 OS as it sends every keystroke to Windows...

3. MannyM00 Win User
    Permanently block updates ?

How can I Permanently block updates ?

I have tried the Windows Blocker App, although it disables the services, it still updates!

MannyM00, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates

1. Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Best Permanently Block

2. What is the best way to permanently disable Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best way to permanently disable Windows updates?: I'm getting tired of updates breaking things on my workstation laptop which puts me out of commission and unable to work/needing to reformat. So I would like to disable updates entirely and perhaps only manually install defender updates as needed. I've seen several methods...
  3. Defender Antivirus - What's the best way to disable it permanently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender Antivirus - What's the best way to disable it permanently: What's the best way to permanently disable Windows Defender Antivirus on 21h1? Is this regfix still the best and at the same time 100% permanent solution? https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5918-how-turn-off-microsoft-defender-antivirus-windows-10-a.html Code:...
  4. Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?: Hello, I have been having issues with windows updates as I have a 2GB/day data limit I usually pause the updates but after pausing I can`t seem to pause it permanently with methods on internet and updates resume eating my data limit. Is there a way to permanently disable the...
  5. Best way to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to update: What is the most trouble free way to update Windows? Regular ol' Windows Update, Update Assistant or ISO? 139744
  6. Ways to block Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ways to block Windows 10 updates: I'm having issues with a recent windows cumulative update. I uninstalled said update, and blocked it using wushowhide tool. However, after leaving my pc on, unattended for a few minutes, I came back to see that the pc had restarted and begun updating automatically. After the...
  7. Best way for Updates

Best way for Updates: Hello all, did a Google search and just can't find a lot of answers on this so here I am Right now using WHdownload to keep up with updates,not sure this is the best way to go. Have 3 computer in house so moving updates from one to other to save data downloading. When...
  8. Permanently block an update

Permanently block an update: How do I permanently block a windows 10 update from automatically trying to install itself? Recently there was some update "1703" and "1709" which as usual installed itself without my consent. The update completely broke my computer's search function, can't search for...
  9. Permanently block updates ?

Permanently block updates ?: Manny, I succeed but I do not block any services. I set all my connections to metered and I have withdrawn all access permission to usoclient.exe. This scheme works well and does not involve trying to suppress any services. One of the major benefits of the scheme I use...
  10. Best Way to Install Updates?

Best Way to Install Updates?: I would like to get a mini poll here on how people would install Windows 10 Updates? For now, I set it to Auto Download and Notify to Install from the Group Policy settings since I have the Pro version. Please provide me some feedback on how you guys do the Windows...