Windows 10: Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware)

Discus and support Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello There, I want to take some steps to protect my PC if it ever stops working to the point i can't open windows. Meaning i would have to renistall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/E_Moffatt, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware)

Hello There,

I want to take some steps to protect my PC if it ever stops working to the point i can't open windows. Meaning i would have to renistall windows. Ps i don't have a disc anymore, as i have no disc drive.

I have already ordered a 128 GB USB to aid me in this. So what would be the best way to do this using a USB ?

1) Would using installaion media work ? Do you have to re-enter the product key this way ?

2) Creating A Recovery Drive ?

These are the ones i know about but don't know if they are safest bet to rely on so it would be great if you could let me know what i should do Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware) ;)

Many Thanks

submitted by /u/E_Moffatt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/E_Moffatt, Nov 6, 2019

2. Is windows defender is enough to protect my pc from viruses?

Is windows defender is enough to protect my pc from viruses? Because windows defender is not able to remove malwares then I've installed malwarebytes to protect my pc.

[Original Title: Viruses & Malwares.]

PranavKumar_913, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Does Microsoft defender totally protect my pc from viruses

Windows Defender is extremely good at detecting and protecting your PC from viruses and other malware.

For added protection however, I recommend downloading malware-bytes as it will detect malware specifically while defender will detect any Trojans or viruses.

But otherwise, you should be good to go. Practice safe web searching and do not click on anything unsafe.

Zackary Vanosdol, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware)

Anti Malware Protection

Hi Kilberg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Having said that, Windows 10 has been designed with many Power packed features. Unlike windows 7, new windows 10 comes with Windows Defender, which is substitute for Microsoft Essentials and Malware Protection.

Windows Defender is included with Windows and helps protect your PC against
    malware (malicious software). Malware consists of viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC without your knowledge: it might install itself from an email message, when you connect to the Internet, or when you
    install certain apps using a USB flash drive, CD, DVD, or other removable media. Some malware can also be programmed to run at unexpected times, not only when it's installed.

Windows Defender helps keep malware from infecting your PC in two ways:

• Providing real-time protection. Windows Defender notifies you and blocks malware that tries to install itself or run on your PC. It also notifies you when apps try to change important settings.

• Providing anytime scanning options. Windows Defender automatically scans your PC for installed malware on a regular basis, but you can also start a scan whenever you want. Windows Defender automatically quarantines or removes anything that's
      detected during a scan.

When you use Windows Defender, it's important to have up-to-date definitions. Definitions are files that act like an ever-growing encyclopedia of potential software threats. Windows Defender uses definitions to detect any malware and to notify you of potential
    risks.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware)

1. Best Way To Protect PC (In Terms Of Recovering It, Not Protecting From Viruses And Malware) - Similar Threads - Best Protect Terms

2. Malware protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware protection: Which is the best antimalware program for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-protection/c3142fce-66ae-42e7-bd5a-5ee4a13912de
  3. Malware protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware protection: Which is the best antimalware program for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-protection/c3142fce-66ae-42e7-bd5a-5ee4a13912de
  4. Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...: Which option will give the best protection against malwares, viruses and phishing attacks on my Windows 11 pc? Is it enabling ‘Core isolation’ on windows system or enabling ‘Hardware virtualization’ from Kaspersky Total Security’ which I installed as anti-virus in my...
  5. Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers: So i have an old dell xps 9550 laptop that i still have been using for a while. It has windows ten pro. It's my main laptop. With my laptop, I try to do my best of trying to avoid going on certain sites and clicking links etc. So because of that, a while back I got another...
  6. Which Virus protection is the cheapest/best.

Which Virus protection is the cheapest/best.: Recommended Virus protection, the cheapest/best for Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-virus-protection-is-the-cheapestbest/aaf15531-e064-4467-961c-1454d5bd97ee
  7. Virus and malware protection

Virus and malware protection: Hi, I'm Jose Javier and I have a Window laptop with Windows 10 Home; version 10.0.17763. My computer has Window Defender Security System and an Antivirus named Avast. I have bought my laptop a year ago. I really want to know how I can get total Window Security with Window...
  8. anti virus and malware protection

anti virus and malware protection: Windows Security is now recognised now as being more than adequate for protection from viruses malware ransomeware ect. Will this eventually negate the need for third party software and what will happen to the likes of Bitdefender Kaspersky McAfee etc. Will people still...
  9. What is best Virus Protection?

What is best Virus Protection?: Good Day Microsoft Community! Hi there! I am Shiela, an ESL Teacher and a freelancer currently living in the Philippines. I've been working in this virtual world for quite a month and I am curious on my computer's life span as I know it will be prone to viruses. My question...
  10. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb