Windows 10: Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?

Discus and support Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC that originally ran Win 7, and I upgraded to Win 10 64 bit via the free download about 5 years ago. Recently, I encountered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Solo44, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Solo44 Win User

Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?

I have a desktop PC that originally ran Win 7, and I upgraded to Win 10 64 bit via the free download about 5 years ago. Recently, I encountered a system failure at boot time, with a message telling me that I was missing a file and had to restore Windows. I have no Windows media. This copy is licensed via the upgrade. So, what is the least painful way to get the media I need to restore the system and have a licensed copy? I no longer have any documentation on the original license number. I'm aware of the downloads, available USB sticks, etc. What I need is advice on what actually works best in June of 2020 and at a minimum cost. Thanks for your ideas.

:)

Solo44, Jun 1, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro was aborted

Hi E.S. Bustillo,

Errors when trying to upgrade Windows are usually occurring due to some damaged system files or broken Windows Update components. To address this concern, we suggest that you follow steps provided in these links:

If additional help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?

recover win 10

Hi,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

Please do let us know with the following to assist you better:

• How exactly are you trying to mount the system image?
    • Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps such as, Automatic repair using Windows 10 ISO?
    • Are you able to enter into Safe mode from Windows Recovery Environment?

I suggest you to perform system restore by following Windows Recovery Environment>
    Advanced Options and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?

1. Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system? - Similar Threads - Best recover damaged

2. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  3. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  4. Best way to rename home folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to rename home folder: I did a reset of windows 10. All went ok at first. My home folder is "MyName".Unfortunately, system crashed and it could not be repaired so I did a restore. The restore picked up at the windows 10 installation and was asking for country, keyboard, etc, just like a new...
  5. Best way to rename home folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to rename home folder: I did a reset of windows 10. All went ok at first. My home folder is "MyName".Unfortunately, system crashed and it could not be repaired so I did a restore. The restore picked up at the windows 10 installation and was asking for country, keyboard, etc, just like a new...
  6. Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?: Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-w-10-home-to-pro/1312ad2b-d280-4f44-a4bd-b9f5cb8a2e41
  7. Best Sandbox for Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best Sandbox for Win 10 Home: Can anyone recommend a good Sandbox freeware for Windows 10 Home. I've tried to install the MS one (from tutorial here) but it just resulted in error messages and left a useless partition behind. Thanks 148744
  8. Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro: I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use. What is the easiest or best way to do an in-place upgrade of this Win 10 Home laptop? I don't want to do a fresh install, since that...
  9. Best way to upgrade to Windows 10

Best way to upgrade to Windows 10: Hiya...I am new to 10 come over from 7 forums *Smile I am from UK and run my own very small online business so my laptop is my life lol. I am soo panicking about what to do as I know I must upgrade to Windows 10 and have left is as late as possible...am currently...
  10. Best way to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 and move system to a SSD

Best way to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 and move system to a SSD: I have a brand new Dell XPS 8700 with Win 8.1 Home installed, 1 TB hdd. I want to update to Windows 10 I have a 120GB SSD that I would like to use for the system So seeking general guidance and the order in which things should be done. Are there updates to 8.1 and...