Windows 10: Best way to reinstall windows 10?

Discus and support Best way to reinstall windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If this is the wrong forum, please direct me to the right one, thanks! Hello! A few months ago I discovered that my desktop PC hasn't been updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ItayO, Jan 10, 2020.

1. ItayO Win User

Best way to reinstall windows 10?

If this is the wrong forum, please direct me to the right one, thanks!
    Hello!
    A few months ago I discovered that my desktop PC hasn't been updated since October 12, windows update gives a 0x80080005 error, and windows defender is nowhere to be found the security window in settings is blank

You can read all about it here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...5/ecb78662-9653-41a9-8062-438c4bb3470f?page=1

Anyway, back then I came to the conclusion together with someone from tech support chat that I should just reinstall windows, but back then I couldn't do it because I was in the middle of an important project.
    Now that i'm towards the end of it, I can do it soon.
    So, which way you think is the best way to reinstall windows? because I noticed there are several - I think there are 2 options from the settings menu? and more if I download the tool from microsoft's site? and I understood there is a way to do it that lets me keep all my programs and drivers? reinstalling them all will take time so if there's an option for that, which works good, i'd rather choose that
    Which way would you recommend to reinstall windows?

Thanks!

:)

ItayO, Jan 10, 2020
  2. gasolin Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

Is there and easy way of reinstalling windows 10 with having to install most of the apps and adjust settings.

I keep getting DistributedCom 10016 error, bsod when gaming or just my gaming crashing,stopping

gasolin, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 10, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Best way to reinstall windows 10? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Best way to reinstall windows 10? - Similar Threads - Best reinstall

2. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...: Hi Greg,This post carries on from my last Question at...What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? And Greg was the guy who helped last timeIt's been a while since my last post, but I now have the following problem, which I hope you can help me with. This is...
  3. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...: Hi Greg,This post carries on from my last Question at...What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? And Greg was the guy who helped last timeIt's been a while since my last post, but I now have the following problem, which I hope you can help me with. This is...
  4. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system? Continued...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why do my services have numbers and letters next to them, Is it best to reinstall as I have...

Why do my services have numbers and letters next to them, Is it best to reinstall as I have...: Why do my services have numbers and letters next to them, Is it best to reinstall as I have run multipal virus scans and viruses : AarSvc_183421c and most of the service have the same numbers and letters and they change after a restart...
  6. Why do my services have numbers and letters next to them, Is it best to reinstall as I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my services have numbers and letters next to them, Is it best to reinstall as I have...: Why do my services have numbers and letters next to them, Is it best to reinstall as I have run multipal virus scans and viruses : AarSvc_183421c and most of the service have the same numbers and letters and they change after a restart...
  7. What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?: My computer has been crashing randomly, doesn't use solid state drive and will use a ton of RAM to operate. Need to uninstall and relinstall windows. Have tried all other recovery options and Dell tells me that I need to do a full reset. What is the fastest way to do this? I...
  8. What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?

What is the best way to completely wipe and reinstall windows?: My computer has been crashing randomly, doesn't use solid state drive and will use a ton of RAM to operate. Need to uninstall and relinstall windows. Have tried all other recovery options and Dell tells me that I need to do a full reset. What is the fastest way to do this? I...
  9. Dual Boot. Best Workflow with Win10 and Ubuntu on one SSD? Reinstall, partitioning and...

Dual Boot. Best Workflow with Win10 and Ubuntu on one SSD? Reinstall, partitioning and...: Hello,i used a couple of month now Win10 Home and Ubuntu 20.04 with dual boot on one ssd partitioned 250gb each. Every Time i started my Notebook Grub Manager asked me what OS to start. Despite some Win10 Clock Issues - i had to sync the Win10 time on every startup - it...
  10. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?

What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?: Hi Your advice please: I currently have a dual-boot system, and its HDD has 2 partitions, which are: GUIP/GPT one for W7 & the other for W10.The HDD is running hot, so I've decided to replace the W10 OS and put it onto a new SSD.And for now, I’ll leave W7 on the HDD, but I...