Windows 10: Best way to 'remake' your Windows account?

Discus and support Best way to 'remake' your Windows account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I woke up this morning to a start menu that isn't working, presented with a "Critical Error - Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotVeryFamous, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Best way to 'remake' your Windows account?

So I woke up this morning to a start menu that isn't working, presented with a "Critical Error - Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in."

After a few troubleshooting steps, I realized it's some sort of corruption of my account, as it works fine on a brand new Windows account.

So I need to do a fresh profile, with all my folders.

Currently my plan is to backup my folder under C:\Users, which prompts for a few locked down Windows apps I have to reinstall I reckon, then create a new account, delete my old one and recreate it with the same name, then restore that backup.

Is this the only way to do it or is there a native / smoother way that also copies over the Windows apps stuff?

Thanks

submitted by /u/NotVeryFamous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotVeryFamous, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Halo Remake

halo was the game that made FPS seem possible on console. it was a big step.

if you play it now it seems crap, but damn, 99% of FPS before then WERE crap (goldeneye on the N64 being the closest to it)

the remake is for one reason only: they shut down the online play of the original Xbox some time back, so now they get all the halo gamers on the 360 paying for live accounts again.

Mussels, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Best way to 'remake' your Windows account?

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Best way to 'remake' your Windows account? :(

Zakin, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Best way to 'remake' your Windows account?

1. Best way to 'remake' your Windows account? - Similar Threads - Best 'remake' account

2. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way To Backup Windows?: HiI have found in the past that the methods offered by Windows just don't work!Image: fine but the installation media can never find it and there is no search, so not an option.I have tried other backup software but whatever I tried had issues that led me to lose trust I...
  3. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Way To Backup Windows?: HiI have found in the past that the methods offered by Windows just don't work!Image: fine but the installation media can never find it and there is no search, so not an option.I have tried other backup software but whatever I tried had issues that led me to lose trust I...
  4. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Best way for 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way for 23H2: Since it's been 3 months since the release, I'm now thinking I should use one of the methods to manually update. I seem to have Co-Pilot working but still on version 22H2. So, there's an enablement package, ISO, and Installation Assistant. Which of the three would be...
  6. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  7. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  8. best way to reset windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    best way to reset windows: I'm using the laptop and I guess there is a default image of the windows in my laptop. What is the easiest way to reset it completely? * Of course I need to backup my data* Questions 1) Is it better to install from scratch? 2) Where is the key installed in my laptop? Is...
  9. best ways to optimize your windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    best ways to optimize your windows 10 pc: i need the best approaches to make my system err-free [Moderator Edit: Moved from Community Participation Centre] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-ways-to-optimize-your-windows-10-pc/a9be26f4-e390-4518-b343-372958cddd9d
  10. Best way for Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way for Updates: Hello all, did a Google search and just can't find a lot of answers on this so here I am Right now using WHdownload to keep up with updates,not sure this is the best way to go. Have 3 computer in house so moving updates from one to other to save data downloading. When...