Windows 10: best way to reset windows

Discus and support best way to reset windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using the laptop and I guess there is a default image of the windows in my laptop. What is the easiest way to reset it completely? * Of course I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/snip3r77, Nov 6, 2020.

1. best way to reset windows

I'm using the laptop and I guess there is a default image of the windows in my laptop.

What is the easiest way to reset it completely?

* Of course I need to backup my data*

Questions

1) Is it better to install from scratch?
    2) Where is the key installed in my laptop? Is it at the bios level whereby even if I format my windows it will still be there?

Thanks

submitted by /u/snip3r77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/snip3r77, Nov 6, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 6, 2020
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Nov 6, 2020
  4. best way to reset windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

best way to reset windows

1. best way to reset windows - Similar Threads - best reset

2. What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?: Hi. I am having troubles with my Windows 10 PC and after trying quite a few different methods to fix the issues nothing has worked. I am thinking of resetting the pc. I was wondering whether it is best to reinstall Windows locally or from the cloud....
  3. What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?: Hi. I am having troubles with my Windows 10 PC and after trying quite a few different methods to fix the issues nothing has worked. I am thinking of resetting the pc. I was wondering whether it is best to reinstall Windows locally or from the cloud....
  4. What option is best to choose when resetting a Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help, PC no boot, tried reset and recovery media, both no work, what is best way to go from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, PC no boot, tried reset and recovery media, both no work, what is best way to go from...: My pc is not booting, i tried system reset and recovery media, both not work, what is best way to go from here, prefer not to erase apps and data, but erasing apps is ok but not preferred? submitted by /u/johncaling40 [link] [comments]...
  6. Onedrive keeps re-syncing same files. Best way to reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive keeps re-syncing same files. Best way to reset?: I recently upgraded by CPU and motherboard and wanted to reconfigure the same directory structure as I had on my previous PC. My configuration is as follows: - Windows installed on C:\ - Onedrive installed on E:\OneDrive. - Documents location changed to...
  7. Is Resetting the computer the best option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Resetting the computer the best option?: Hi, I got a new computer so I downloaded the backup from my last computer into this one ASUS VivoBook. Then I realized it had a lot of stuff I don't need anymore, so I started erasing them. But there are some apps, direct access links, and documents that I'm not able to erase...
  8. Easiest Best Documented Method to Reset Local Windows 10 password (no password disk)

Easiest Best Documented Method to Reset Local Windows 10 password (no password disk): A remote staff member is locked out of her Windows 10 laptop, whereby she is a local user and there are no other user profiles on the PC (not using Microsoft-based online user/password). I've used: http://pogostick.net/\~pnh/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html previously, but it's been a...
  9. Resetting C (Windows 10) Drive, best method & will windows 10 be preserved?

Resetting C (Windows 10) Drive, best method & will windows 10 be preserved?: So I've gotten a couple answers, but I'm wanting to hop on reddit just to make triple sure. I plan on completely wiping/resetting my C drive (which is where windows is installed). Deleting every file, resetting every setting, essentially making it like brand new. The C...
  10. Best way to reset a forgotten password on windows 10?

Best way to reset a forgotten password on windows 10?: Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! submitted by /u/Sublimentary [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0cv4d/best_way_to_reset_a_forgotten_password_on_windows/