Windows 10: Best way to run one predefined script remotely

Discus and support Best way to run one predefined script remotely in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What's the best way to run one predefined script on a remote computer? I have two Windows 10 computers in a home network. I need to run one script (or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimhoyle, Nov 22, 2020.

1. jimhoyle Win User

Best way to run one predefined script remotely

What's the best way to run one predefined script on a remote computer?

I have two Windows 10 computers in a home network. I need to run one script (or let's say just notepad.exe), triggered remotely. I can't use TeamViewer, AnyDesk or RDC for this (explanation below). I don't want to unnecessarily increase security risk on my computer so I don't want to enable the possibility to run any commands remotely. Just one predefined one. Is there a solution to this available?

Reason why I want to do this is because apparently RDC messes up screen resolutions (and therefore window locations) and that can't be solved, it's a bug/feature. Therefore I have to find a workaround, and it might be possible to use PersistentWindows.exe to first capture the windows locations, then RDC messes them up, then PersistentWindows could fix the windows locations. I can't use TeamViewer because it's too expensive and AnyDesk doesn't work if the monitor is connected via DisplayPort and the remote monitor is switched off.

:)

jimhoyle, Nov 22, 2020

2. long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 22, 2020
  3. 'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Best way to run one predefined script remotely

ability to script GPU-Z

Is there a way to script GPU-Z I would like to be able to run GPU-Z from some scripting language and have the GPU info saved to a file in some format (XML, YAML etc).

Any pointers/suggestion on how to get this information would be much appreciated

mwoodpatrick, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Best way to run one predefined script remotely

1. Best way to run one predefined script remotely - Similar Threads - Best run predefined

2. Powershell not exiting properly from a script running on a remote device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell not exiting properly from a script running on a remote device: We run powershell script through Vmware Vcenter API on the target VM in every 5 mins to collect some data. We noticed in one of the VMs on 19th that one powershell.exe was consuimg 45% CPU , when we checked the powershell logs we saw that the process is alive from around 4...
  3. Powershell not exiting properly from a script running on a remote device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell not exiting properly from a script running on a remote device: We run powershell script through Vmware Vcenter API on the target VM in every 5 mins to collect some data. We noticed in one of the VMs on 19th that one powershell.exe was consuimg 45% CPU , when we checked the powershell logs we saw that the process is alive from around 4...
  4. Which is, the best way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is, the best way?: My omputer is a laptop. Running Windows 10.I've been using notepad. But I'm looking, for something better?There are so many choices. Word, Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad 2, Notepad++I prefer Wordpad because you could click on links. But here's the problemafter I open it I copied...
  5. Best way to mount remote linux disk on Windows10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to mount remote linux disk on Windows10?: I've set up a linux file server at home, and want to give my father, who has a Windows10 laptop and lives elsewhere access to upload and download files from it. To make it user friendly I'd like it to be mounted (ideally automatically on boot) as a drive letter. What's the...
  6. Remote desktop working one way but not the other

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop working one way but not the other: I have a desktop and a laptop. I log into both machines using my Microsoft Account and have set up a PIN on both. I can remote desktop onto my laptop from my desktop fine with my account using account name MicrosoftAccount\{accountname} However I can't do it from laptop to...
  7. Best way to run a task after hibernation?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to run a task after hibernation?: My PC wakes up from hibernation because my network adapter can wake my device. I need that function on so I can use Wake on LAN. It is only set to wake up to magic packets, but that has unfortunately not been the case. So to circumvent this problem, I figured I would make a...
  8. Best way to remote access personal drive from Off-site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to remote access personal drive from Off-site: I have been having an issue in which a client I have has a Microsoft surface and we use shared drives on the network on a file share server to help with storage and easy access. I have tried using the a vpn service but still doesn't appear to work gives the error device name...
  9. Script running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script running: Every so often my computer will freeze on a page. I get a message push this button to stop the script, when I do this the page will unfreeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-running/95442ea7-9470-4cf6-815a-b9a626b9af61
  10. Running Script

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Script: I am running Windows 10 / IE 11 and I keep getting a running script error (“Do you want to continue running scripts on this page”?) and it is driving me crazy. I am not real tech savvy so I don’t know where to look on how to. It just started doing it and I have been using...