Windows 10: Best way to set monitor scaling

Discus and support Best way to set monitor scaling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just bought the Acer Predator xb271hu monitor. It's resolution is much higher than the old one and its higher than my second monitor. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swarfega, Mar 9, 2016.

1. swarfega Win User

Best way to set monitor scaling

I have just bought the Acer Predator xb271hu monitor. It's resolution is much higher than the old one and its higher than my second monitor.

I have tried using scaling to increase the text size as its a bit small for me. Unfortunately it changes the scaling on both monitors and since the second one has a lower resolution, it has increased the text by quite a bit and the text now looks jagged.

What method can you guys recommend to only do one monitor.

:)

swarfega, Mar 9, 2016

2. Mixed resolution scaling results in blurry applications?

This looks to be a continuation of the bug described here: Multiple Display Scaling is Blurry.

I have the following monitor configuration:

Best way to set monitor scaling [​IMG]

Monitor #1 is UHD and is using 150% scaling. Everything that respects scaling looks great on that monitor. Monitors #2,#3,#4 are 1080p, 1080p and 1440p respectively, and are set to 100% scaling. The problem is that most things appear obviously blurry
    on monitors #2,#3, and #4. Windows appears to be scaling everything on those monitors to 150%, then scaling back down to 100%. Any legacy dialogs and applications that don't respect scaling look perfect on monitors #2, #3 and #4.

If I take an application that does respect scaling (say Chrome or Edge), and place it on monitor #1, but overlap it a little bit onto the other monitors, the application looks scaled to 150% on those other monitors and does not appear blurry.

After fiddling around with connections, I'm convinced that it is not a hardware or driver issue, and that Windows is scaling, then descaling, the monitors I set to 100%, and the results are very poor. Is there any way to get Windows to simply *not* scale at
    all on those monitors - to disable it entirely?

Belisarius2501, Mar 9, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Magnification on only 1 screen when using duplicate display

Hi Jenn1234TX,

Yes Windows 10 does allow you to scale one monitor in a multi-monitor setup . . .

Go to Start - Settings - System - Display

Select the Monitor you want to scale by clicking it, then set a scaling factor for that monitor . . .

DaveM121, Mar 9, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Mar 9, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Yes I have with the same results.

swarfega, Mar 9, 2016
  6. Word Man Win User
    OK, sorry. I thought the whole idea of Option 1 in that tutorial was to allow you to select different scaling levels for individual monitors - 1 or 2 in your case. Are you not presented with 2 different displays to choose from so that you can choose which one you're changing the settings on, i.e., in the turorial: Option 1, Step 7, (sub-step) "2. Select display"?

Word Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Best way to set monitor scaling - Similar Threads - Best set monitor

2. Is there a way to set up a shortcut to adjust the screen scale?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to set up a shortcut to adjust the screen scale?: When working from home, I am using a program that requires my Desktop Settings be set to 100% scale.Since I have two 4k monitors, this means everything is tiny.The best solution I've found is to step down my resolution to 2560 x 1440 and set the scale to 100%.Doing this for...
  3. Is there a way to set up a shortcut to adjust the screen scale?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to set up a shortcut to adjust the screen scale?: When working from home, I am using a program that requires my Desktop Settings be set to 100% scale.Since I have two 4k monitors, this means everything is tiny.The best solution I've found is to step down my resolution to 2560 x 1440 and set the scale to 100%.Doing this for...
  4. Is there a way to set up a shortcut to adjust the screen scale?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it possible to set custom scaling per monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set custom scaling per monitor?: I have dual monitors and one of them is high DPI so I would like to set it to 125% or 150% scaling. I'm able to set it in the regular Display settings menu, but I found that when I do it this way, text in Explorer looks very blurry. The only workaround I found for this was...
  6. Best way to save softwares & applications settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to save softwares & applications settings: Hello guys, tl;dr : Do you know guys any tool that just copy paste all the settings from my app ? So when it's reinstalled, I have nothing to do ? For some reasons, I tend to reset my computer a lot. By that, I mean booting windows 10 from an USB device, erase my current...
  7. Best way to set up for a family

Best way to set up for a family: I'm looking for some advice about best way to set up surface pros for myself and my partner. We had one surface pro which we've had a little while. I had my windows account linked to this with Office 365. We've just got an additional surface pro. I want to use the new...
  8. Best way to have a default set of applications and windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to have a default set of applications and windows settings: Hello all! I'm trying to wrap my head around creating a profile that has default applications and windows settings in a domain. Please shed some light. I've read on roaming profiles but not quite sure if this will be necessary for my environment. 148502
  9. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...
  10. Best & Cheapest Way to Use 3 Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best & Cheapest Way to Use 3 Monitors: I hooked up my new-to-me computer the other day. I was super excited because it had 3 ports on the video card, and while I love 2 monitors, 3 would be even better! Well, as it turns out, this version of this video card (AMD Radeon HD 5450 with VGA, DVI & HDMI) will only...