Windows 10: Best way to share files small business

Discus and support Best way to share files small business in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI folks, newbie here We have a small business of approx 8 or so office workers. We all have one drive. But what I want to know is, without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewJack2, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Best way to share files small business

HI folks, newbie here

We have a small business of approx 8 or so office workers. We all have one drive.

But what I want to know is, without a physical server etc, what is our best way of being able to access, share and edit files from a central location.

I've read about SharePoint and just wondering if this will tick my boxes

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Andy

:)

AndrewJack2, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Allegheny Win User

Backup solutions for Small Business?

What types of solutions out there would be a good first step when it comes to protecting the information of a small business?

Allegheny, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Small Business Network

I have a small business that currently has 1 pc "hosting" 8 workstations as a file sharer. We are set up as wired through a switch. We use windows 7 and all belong to a homegroup. I have been told I am playing with fire. Any suggestions what I would do different?

scottbecker17, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Chino Win User

Best way to share files small business

Dell Celebrates Small Business Month in a Big Way

Once a small business founded by Michael Dell in his dorm room, Dell understands the challenges faced by small business owners and is heavily invested in supporting, growing and celebrating today's small business sector. In celebration of the U.S. Small Business Association's (SBA) Small Business Week, Dell is kicking off spectacular deals, new products, a local community pop-up experience dedicated to small businesses and two days of live streamed learning sessions on topics small business owners want to know about most - from financing and technology to data security and productivity.

While the U.S. Small Business Association celebrates Small Business Week the first month in May, Dell has decided to celebrate small businesses with hot deals that will last all month long. The company will offer up to 40% off select small business PCs throughout May and introduce new Vostro laptops and desktops in the U.S. that specifically cater to small businesses. Additionally, Dell has launched a new campaign, "Nothing Small about Your Business," that highlights the power and potential of small business contributions to society.

Best way to share files small business 2gHDMOamTUNPhIoD_thm.jpg

"We are proud to come together with the community to celebrate small businesses during Small Business Week," said Erik Day, Vice President and General Manager, Dell Small Business. "Our research shows that small businesses are unique in their needs and that they desire products and solutions tailored for them. We are delivering that with our Vostro portfolio of small business devices."

Save up to 40% off Dell business-ready PCs the entire month of May
    Extending the best of Small Business Week all month long, Dell is helping small business owners save big on purchasing new technology, including up to 40% off select business-ready PCs from Vostro, OptiPlex, Latitude and Precision brands. Dell's Small Business Month deals will run from April 30 at 8 a.m. ET until May 30 at 8 a.m. ET, or until supply lasts.

Deals available via www.Dell.com/BusinessDeals

Dell Vostro small desktop - $399 (After $285.29 Savings)
    Available now until May 30, 8 a.m. ET

Dell Vostro desktop - $539 (After $359.57 Savings)

Dell Vostro 15 3000 laptop - $539 (After $359.57 Savings)

Dell OptiPlex 3050 micro desktop - $609 (After $403.86 Savings)
    Available May 21, 8 a.m. ET until May 30, 8 a.m. ET

Dell OptiPlex 3050 small form factor desktop + free hard drive - $621.99 (After $333.72 Savings)

Dell Precision Tower 3000 Series (3620) - $679 (After $465.99 Savings)

Dell Latitude 3590 laptop with free hard drive - $704.79 after SAVE35 coupon (After $449.49 Savings)

Dell Vostro 15 5000 laptop - $789 (After $538.14 Savings)

Dell Latitude 5590 laptop - $1,079 (After $719.57 Savings)
    Available now until May 13, 8 a.m. ET

Dell Precision 7520 laptop - $1,499 (After $1,011 Savings)

New Vostro PCs deliver features and functionalities to power small businesses
    Small business owners are constantly juggling many roles to run a successful business; therefore, they are looking for simple, reliable and affordable technology to get the job done. Dell is introducing a new line of Dell Vostro laptops and desktops founded on productivity features, built-in security, reliable support and flexibility to keep small businesses running efficiently and smoothly.

The new Vostro laptop portfolio includes:
    • Dell Vostro 3000 series - essential performance laptops with simple security features for small business professionals and budget conscious decision makers. Equipped with up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor and 8GB DDR4 memory, the laptops are available in 14 and 15-inches with HD and FHD (15-inch only) anti-glare LED-backlit displays.
    • Dell Vostro 5000 15 inch - The Vostro 5000 15 inch is designed for small businesses looking for entry-level commercial capabilities. Vostro 5000 15-inch offers up to 7th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB DDR4 memory and multiple security options including fingerprint reader, Dell BIOS, hardware/software Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0), which delivers commercial-grade security by providing hardware protection and storage for encryption keys, and more. Storage options include up to 1TB 5400rpm hard disk drive (HDD) and 256GB solid state drive (SSD).
    • Dell Vostro 5000 13 and 14 inch - In June, Dell will release the Vostro 5000 laptop in 13 and 14-inch options. These are thin and light laptops for on-the- go professionals delivering mobility, reliable business features and beautiful design. The 13 and 14-inch offer up to 8th Gen Intel Quad Core processors, FHD IPS anti-glare displays, SSD options, dual drives (14-inch only) and multiple ports, including Type C, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A and HDMI.
    The new Vostro desktop family includes:
    • Vostro Small Desktop - a reliable and space-saving slim tower with next generation features, extensive connectivity and exceptional value. It's equipped with up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB DDR4 memory, discrete graphics, 1TB HDD or 128GB M.2 SATA SSD, and Gigabit Ethernet and SD card reader.
    • Vostro Desktop - an expandable and redesigned desktop delivering scalable and reliable performance for professionals. With up to Intel 8th gen Core i7 processors, 16GB DDR4 memory, discrete graphics, 2TB HDD, 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD, Gigabit Ethernet and SD card reader, small businesses have another powerful yet affordable option to run their business.
    Dell Small Business takes on Brooklyn & nationwide livestream
    Dell is hosting a Small Business Celebration on May 4 and 5 in Brooklyn, NY to highlight the power of small businesses today. The two-day interactive pop-up features entertainment, coffee talks, educational sessions and technology demos, all designed to help entrepreneurs grow and scale their businesses. The sessions will focus on vital small business topics, including financing, technology, data security and productivity, as well as an in-depth look at the Dell Small Business Advisor program. Attendees will hear from guest speakers and leading entrepreneurs, including Bumble Bizz, Rachel Tipograph of MikMak, Nina Faulhaber of Aday, Cyndi Ramirez of Chillhouse and more. And for small businesses not in the Brooklyn area, all sessions will be livestreamed so busy small businesses can watch from the convenience of their desk or smart phone.

Salesforce, Intuit Quickbooks, Entrepreneur, McAfee and Create & Cultivate are also participating in the pop-up showcasing their commitment and dedication to advancing and growing the small business community. Guests will have the chance to network and collaborate with fellow small business owners, partners and influencers, including Shark Tank contestants, and come away with knowledge and resources on running a small business. For a complete list of the Small Business Week Celebration activities and sessions, as well as livestream link, visit: dell.com/sbweek.

Dell celebrates Small Businesses all year-round
    With a devoted division catered to delivering on the small business sector's unique needs, Dell's specialized Small Business Advisor team, provides customized attention and tailored solutions to meet small businesses' various needs and challenges. Dell believes there is nothing small about small businesses and offers Small Business Advisor services to companies with as few as one employee, to as many as 99.

For new businesses or small businesses who might be growing, Dell offers financing options such as lines of credit, enabling quick access to the computing equipment businesses need now, without heavy upfront cash outlays. Additionally, Dell's hardware leasing options allow business owners to pay for IT needs in low monthly payments while retaining cash for investing in other higher return opportunities.

Availability
    • Vostro 14 and 15 3000 series available on Dell.com now starting at $249.
    • Vostro 15 5000 available on Dell.com now starting at $699.
    • Vostro desktop available on Dell.com now starting at $299.
    • Vostro small desktop available on Dell.com now starting at $299.
    • Vostro 13 and 14 5000 series available on Dell.com in June.

Chino, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Best way to share files small business

1. Best way to share files small business - Similar Threads - Best share files

2. Windows for small business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows for small business: Dear Microsoft,Is there a way to purchase Windows keys for small business instead of purchasing to individuals using Azure portal for exampleReply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-for-small-business/a22388f0-bcbf-4629-b45c-d67223c6bd6f
  3. Windows for small business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows for small business: Dear Microsoft,Is there a way to purchase Windows keys for small business instead of purchasing to individuals using Azure portal for exampleReply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-for-small-business/a22388f0-bcbf-4629-b45c-d67223c6bd6f
  4. Windows for Small Business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows for Small Business: Hi everyone, need your help! I'm working for a small company and have to get Windows 10 for 10 PCs on behalf of our cmpany. 1. Any idea how to do this? 2. Do I buy licenses separately for each PC? Also, heard about Windows 365, but not sure if it covers just Windows or only...
  5. Windows for Small Business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows for Small Business: Hi everyone, need your help! I'm working for a small company and have to get Windows 10 for 10 PCs on behalf of our cmpany. 1. Any idea how to do this? 2. Do I buy licenses separately for each PC? Also, heard about Windows 365, but not sure if it covers just Windows or only...
  6. Windows for Small Business

7. Microsoft for small business

Microsoft for small business: I want to suggest that creates a Microsoft small business user ID so that we can log into windows, office, and other products and licenses as a small business. I want to have small business accounts for our small businesses. Where would I make that suggestion, or at what...
  8. Microsoft for small business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft for small business: I want to suggest that creates a Microsoft small business user ID so that we can log into windows, office, and other products and licenses as a small business. I want to have small business accounts for our small businesses. Where would I make that suggestion, or at what...
  9. Best way to share files from Windows to a MacBook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to share files from Windows to a MacBook?: Hi guys, I'd like to make a shared folder on my windows laptop and a shared folder macbook so I can share files between each. Is there a good method or tutorial you'd suggest for setting this up? submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  10. What brand of PC is best for small home business

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What brand of PC is best for small home business: I'm looking to buy a PC to replace laptop which cannot be updated to use Windows 10 MS 10. I need more than just browsing internet and reading emails but do not need 'gaming'. Reliable, good after sales service, telephone or chat online Australian support. Any advice?...