Windows 10: Best way to transfer settings and contacts to new w10 laptop

Discus and support Best way to transfer settings and contacts to new w10 laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Haven't done this in a while, and would greatly appreciate any info on how to transfer my old Windows 7 preferences, contacts and settings to a new W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by provlima, Jun 30, 2016.

1. provlima Win User

Best way to transfer settings and contacts to new w10 laptop

Haven't done this in a while, and would greatly appreciate any info on how to transfer my old Windows 7 preferences, contacts and settings to a new W10 laptop.

The new laptop has a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD I think the data files can be copied from the old drive to the new HDD,
    but am unsure where to find info about the preferences and settings, contacts and other such files on the old HDD an where they would be put on the new HDD. Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

provlima, Jun 30, 2016
  2. KAMESMAIL Win User

TRANSFER eMAIL CONTACTS TO MY NEW W=10 LAPTOP

I HAD ATT.NET eMAIL FOR MY OLD W-8 LAPTOP.

JUST GOT A NEW W-10 ASUS LAPTOP.

HAVE SET UP eMAIL ACCOUNT FOR MY ATT.NET eMAIL ADDRESS IN NEW W-10 LAPTOP.

AM USING W-10 "MAIL".

RECEIVING eMAILS; RESPONDING TO eMAILS; SENDING eMAILS........ ALL OK

BUT, eMAIL CONTACTS WILL NOT TRANSFER.

HOW DO I TRANSFER MY CONTACTS TO NEW W-10 LAP TOP??

THANK YOU.

KAMESMAIL, Jun 30, 2016
  3. TRANSFER eMAIL CONTACTS TO MY NEW W=10 LAPTOP

Hello,

This issue occurs due to missing or corrupted settings on the mail app. Let's try to
    run the Windows app troubleshooter.
    Running the troubleshooter will help detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will resolve the same to enhance the performance of the system.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

EaseUS has a product named "EaseUS todo pctrans"which is also a free download for home users. He offers a free version of Todo PCTrans Free, which will transfer two applications. The unlimited version, Todo PCTrans Professional may cost your money.

Whatphoeb, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Best way to transfer settings and contacts to new w10 laptop - Similar Threads - Best transfer settings

2. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  3. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  4. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Best way to make W10 lightweight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to make W10 lightweight?: I just bought a HP Stream with 32GB storage. It runs Windows 10, but I was shocked, to say the least, at the fact it only has 3GB of free storage. What can I do to make the install as light as possible? submitted by /u/thattonybo [link] [comments]...
  6. Best way to transfer data/settings from old laptop to new laptop?

Best way to transfer data/settings from old laptop to new laptop?: About a month ago I bought a laptop and since then I've found the same laptop with better specs. I bought the upgraded laptop and I'm going to return the old one. What's the best/easiest way to transfer all my data and settings from the old machine to the new one? submitted...
  7. Best way to fix BSOD on new laptop.

Best way to fix BSOD on new laptop.: A laptop I bought recently has decided to BSOD on occassion. Scans and DISM have done nothing and drivers are updated. Error is a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and it happens at random. submitted by /u/Elite_wildwolf [link] [comments]...
  8. Best way to migrate content and settings to a new system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to migrate content and settings to a new system: I've searched for a solution with little luck. We have an older PC on which my daughter has an account, content and preferences. I'm passing on my system and plan to install Windows 10 clean, then want to migrate her account to the computer. I've found some paid solutions,...
  9. Best way to set up new laptop since Easy Transfer is not available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to set up new laptop since Easy Transfer is not available.: I am setting up a new laptop Windows 10 64-bit. My old laptop also runs Windows 10 64-bit. What is the best way to transfer all my settings, files, etc. from my old laptop to my new one? Last time I did this I used Windows Easy Transfer, but I understand that is no longer...
  10. best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    best way to transfer windows 10 files to new computer: whats the better method to transfer windows 10 files to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/best-way-to-transfer-windows-10-files-to-new/2922c285-4f96-485e-8e12-20c76c191411

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer email account from w10 to new w10

2. simplest way to transfer internet contacts to a new w10 laptop