Windows 10: Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?

Discus and support Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by G W Thompson, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?

Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?

:)

G W Thompson, Jul 30, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??

W7 Home or Pro, makes no difference. Both can be upgraded to W10 and get activated.

If you look at the screenshot at Step 10 in this tutorial you'll see that the example is taken from an upgrade of W7 Pro to W10 Pro.

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free

4. M.D.J. Win User

Desktop w/Win7-Pro & Laptop w/Win8.1

I have a PC & a Laptop both of which are eligible for a free Win 10 upgrade. Is there a way to upgrade the Laptop w/Win8.1 to Win10-Pro and the PC w/Win7-Pro to Win10-Home without additional cost? Asked another way... can a Product Key on two different
    devices be 'swapped' at upgrade time or is this all done automatically?

M.D.J., Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro? - Similar Threads - Best upgrade Home

2. Best way to rename home folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to rename home folder: I did a reset of windows 10. All went ok at first. My home folder is "MyName".Unfortunately, system crashed and it could not be repaired so I did a restore. The restore picked up at the windows 10 installation and was asking for country, keyboard, etc, just like a new...
  3. Best way to rename home folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to rename home folder: I did a reset of windows 10. All went ok at first. My home folder is "MyName".Unfortunately, system crashed and it could not be repaired so I did a restore. The restore picked up at the windows 10 installation and was asking for country, keyboard, etc, just like a new...
  4. Best way to rename home folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is the cheapest way to upgrade Win10 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the cheapest way to upgrade Win10 Home to Pro?: Pretty much as the title says. I've read that people have purchased Win 7 Pro and used that to upgrade Win 10 Home > Pro. Does anyone know if this still works or is there any alternatives? Edit: I'm running a custom build machine if that is relevant. submitted by...
  6. Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to recover a damaged Win 10 Home upgraded system?: I have a desktop PC that originally ran Win 7, and I upgraded to Win 10 64 bit via the free download about 5 years ago. Recently, I encountered a system failure at boot time, with a message telling me that I was missing a file and had to restore Windows. I have no Windows...
  7. Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro: I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use. What is the easiest or best way to do an in-place upgrade of this Win 10 Home laptop? I don't want to do a fresh install, since that...
  8. Best way to upgrade to Windows 10

Best way to upgrade to Windows 10: Hiya...I am new to 10 come over from 7 forums *Smile I am from UK and run my own very small online business so my laptop is my life lol. I am soo panicking about what to do as I know I must upgrade to Windows 10 and have left is as late as possible...am currently...
  9. Cleanest/Best Way to Upgrade to Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 2/VTN8?

Cleanest/Best Way to Upgrade to Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 2/VTN8?: Would running the upgrade through Windows Update, and then Resetting WITHOUT keeping files be equivalent to a fresh clean install via boot/installation media? Also, does Windows 10 recognize devices? As in, will I still receive firmware updates for the Surface Pro 2...
  10. Best way to upgrade to newest build?

Best way to upgrade to newest build?: What would be the best way to upgrade to the newest build from 9926? Just wanting to ask. 4787