Windows 10: Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop?

Discus and support Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an old hp laptop (HP pavillion dv6;8 years old.) I only occasionally used this laptop and only for web surfing and watching movies. The time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AERegeneratel38, May 6, 2020.

1. Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop?

I have an old hp laptop (HP pavillion dv6;8 years old.) I only occasionally used this laptop and only for web surfing and watching movies. The time when I used this laptop much was when the first few versions of Windows 10 were released (When there was no activity history and multiple desktops were shown in the bottom, not in the top). It worked amazingly well. I even used Adobe After Effects and rendered videos in that laptop. I used to regularly update my laptop and now when I use it, web surfing seems fine. But when I used it for Zoom, it doesn't perform that well. It overheats and the performance lags is too much. The current build version in which I got these errors were 1909. I even clean install windows 10 version 1909 thinking it might solve the problem but didn't. I couldn't test all the versions one by one as it's time consuming. Can anyone tell me which version of windows 10 would be best for the laptop? (for Zoom, Skype. MS Office Suite, WeChat and Microsoft Whiteboard)

submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AERegeneratel38, May 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Club

Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop? windows-10-build-9926-png.png

So I've tried the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926,... So far so good i like it, it appears to already have DX12.

At list i have an old Laptop to test it on,.. it's good so far and i highly think I'll be upgrading to it day on of release.

dxdiag screen above

Protagonist, May 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop?

Which windows 10 version to choose

I'm making an USB windows 10 installation for my old windows 7 laptop.
    Which version of windows 10 to use? I have windows 7 home premium on it.

Should I use "windows 10" or "windows 10 Home Single Language" or "windows 10 N"

Thanks!

P4-630, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop?

1. Best Windows 10 build version for an old laptop? - Similar Threads - Best build version

2. Which version of Windows 10 is the best for stability and performance on an old pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which version of Windows 10 is the best for stability and performance on an old pc?: I'll upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 & an SSD on an office PC with Core i3 530 CPU. I have a flash drive with 1703 that I know works great and it's the most stable version. However I'm thinking of installing the latest version of Windows 10 home and turning off updates...
  3. will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    will newer nvidia driver versions work on old windows 10 builds: for example assume i tried to install nvidia driver version 445.87 on windows 10 build 1511. will i be allowed to do that or i won't and i will get an error message during the setup which says i am installing driver on an incompatible version of windows? if the setup worked...
  4. which windows 10 builds is the best ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    which windows 10 builds is the best ?: so I count 10 windows 10 builds according to your own experience which windows 10 builds is the best ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-windows-10-builds-is-the-best/7e7e5251-6224-402b-9a4e-fdd99e72a75e
  5. best windows version for building a home server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    best windows version for building a home server: what is the recommended windows version for building a home server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-windows-version-for-building-a-home-server/c10253b9-e6ee-40fb-9d91-4c0ac667cf66
  6. Which version of Windows 10 is best for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version of Windows 10 is best for...: Okay, I'm building a new computer. The motherboard requires Windows 10 64-bit so I can't install a Windows 7. I've looked in many places but cannot find any information more recent than about three updates ago so I've come here to ask... First, I have a very dim view of...
  7. What's the best Windows 10 Build?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the best Windows 10 Build?: What's the best Windows 10 Build? This is what I got ; [img] 39990
  8. New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...: Hey guys, I am rebuilding my systems, going to take apart the two I have now and build a new one with new parts as well as old parts from the two systems, its mostly going to be new parts. The system specs I have in this forum is of the PC that I use to...
  9. Best Windows 10 Version?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Windows 10 Version?: I am wondering which version of Windows 10 is the best? I don't mind paying the $ if the product is good. I currently have Windows 10 Pro on one machine and windows 10 Home Edition on another. The pro version is definitely better but I can't get it activated. The home version...
  10. Which version of Windows is best for my old Dell Latitude D620 laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version of Windows is best for my old Dell Latitude D620 laptop?: I have bought an old and used Dell Latitude D620, and on it, I currently have Windows XP preinstalled on it. But, since XP is very much outdated, I would like to upgrade the Windows version on it. So, the options available are the latest Windows 10 and the most popular...