Windows 10: Best Wiping & Installing Win10 Method for HP Laptop

Discus and support Best Wiping & Installing Win10 Method for HP Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone and good day to you!!!! I see some articles out there here, but not sure if it answers what I am looking for. I just bought an HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrje1, Aug 17, 2018.

1. mrje1 Win User

Best Wiping & Installing Win10 Method for HP Laptop

Hello Everyone and good day to you!!!!

I see some articles out there here, but not sure if it answers what I am looking for.

I just bought an HP laptop that I want to wipe completely clean with no software etc. installed and then reinstall from an ISO DVD I created with the most updated Windows 10. I usually on my desktop PC I use Iolo Drive Scrubber that is roughly10 years old and it works great, but unfortunately the laptop won't read it.

Which method would be great for laptops for what I described above? By doing a Refresh in the settings on the laptop would that be a viable option or would be using like Darik Boot and Nuke be the best option etc?

Thank you very much for all your help and sorry if I am repeating a possible question from previous threads.

:)

mrje1, Aug 17, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

What is the latest stable build of Win10 ?

Does the Win10 update's "keep my files":
    1.) Remove Firefox Mozilla's saved user+pass list ?
    2.) Remove HP laptop's pre-installed drivers & programs like: HP utility, HP cool sense and such...
    3.) I have also a online-paid MsOffice 2013 and update probably removes it... Do I just pick the serial number and use it again ?

user33331, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Pairing or projecting my HP laptop (Win10) to Samsung TV. They are on same network.

Steps to: Pairing or projecting my HP laptop (Win10) to Samsung TV. They are on same network.

4Ron Thomas, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Best Wiping & Installing Win10 Method for HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Best Wiping Installing

2. HP Laptop Windows XP Data Wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Windows XP Data Wipe: I have an ancient HP Pavillion laptop that runs XP and I want to either donate or recycle it. I want to wipe the disks of all data before I get rid of it. Cannot find instructions that work. Any help is appreciated!...
  3. HP Laptop Windows XP Data Wipe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptop Windows XP Data Wipe: I have an ancient HP Pavillion laptop that runs XP and I want to either donate or recycle it. I want to wipe the disks of all data before I get rid of it. Cannot find instructions that work. Any help is appreciated!...
  4. HP Laptop with fresh clean install of Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop with fresh clean install of Win10 Home: I had to do a fresh full install of Win 10 Home 64bit on my HP Laptop Pavilion X360 The install went well and everything is working and now have Win10 Build 19042.928 The only issues are I have a bunch of devices without any drivers. Unable to tell what they are for. Can you...
  5. Best way to wipe laptop drive except Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to wipe laptop drive except Windows: A friend has asked me to wipe his laptop drive except for Windows 10 as the drive is a mess and the laptop is very slow. Which is the best way to achieve this? 172522
  6. Installing Windows Wiped HP Stream

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows Wiped HP Stream: I got an HP Stream from my friend to fix. It had wiped all the drives except bios(obviously) But I tried to get windows 10 home to install using media creation tool. It won't install. I get error 0x80300002. I think the problem is that it isn't a windows 10 OS in S mode. Like...
  7. Installation loop. Win10 on HP Laptop

Installation loop. Win10 on HP Laptop: Installing Win10 on HP Pavillion 90000 Laptop w/ 2 hard drives. New hard drive (No operating system) was not recognized in first port, moved to 2nd port, works. Now I'm loading Win off a USB flash drive. I get thru complete instillation, prompt reads "Finishing up Must...
  8. Best method to wipe an ssd drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best method to wipe an ssd drive?: Any tips? I've used secure erase in parted magic (the option for enhanced secure erase was blanked out) but then read somewhere that there is no secure way to wipe an ssd? Planning to reinstall and then sell the machine on. It's only a small 80gb drive and not new to me or...
  9. Best Method For Installing the Anniversary Update?

Best Method For Installing the Anniversary Update?: I've finally decided to install the Anniversary Update on my desktop PC after being wary of the missing drives / RAW format problems reported on this forum - although I've seen no recent reports of problems. What's the best update method - just let Windows automatically...
  10. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...