Windows 10: BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting

Discus and support BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have the latest version of windows 10 dual boot with ubuntu budgie and have been noticing slow boots. Yes, I've disabled fastboot, but I don't think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stickmansamo, Oct 14, 2018.

1. BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting

I have the latest version of windows 10 dual boot with ubuntu budgie and have been noticing slow boots. Yes, I've disabled fastboot, but I don't think that's the issue because when I had windows dual boot setup w/ linux mint for the first time on an older version of windows 10 (I think 1511), it didn't take as long as it does now. I think when removing linux mint something went wrong and now the boot is slower only for windows 10 partition. I can attach a screen shot of what you may want to look at in my BCD file via VisualBCD if requested. Also, There is a entry in the BCD called "Ubuntu" which isn't related to ubuntu budgie because ubuntu budgie's entry is "ubuntu" and when I mount the EFI partition and view the files, "ubuntu" exists but "Ubuntu" doesn't exist. When I try and delete "Ubuntu" via VisualBCD it just comes right back on next load up. Perhaps this could be a culprit in my issue?*Think

:)

stickmansamo, Oct 14, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Troubleshooting the BETA log collector (extract > open)

In the BSOD forum there are two log collectors: DM and BETA
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

In the VIP forum there is a thread for Improving the Log Collection Script.
    Improving the Log Collection Script

There is a new version of the BETA log collector that has fixed a black box with red characters flash:
    Improving the Log Collection Script
    Now the log collector no longer flashes and will display the red characters.
    This text is posted later in the thread.

On this computer the BETA log collector was used at least five times and there are currently five folders on the desktop.

Recently the BETA log collector stopped working and this thread is to troubleshoot the BETA log collector so that it can collect the logs in the typical two click method:
    1) extract
    2) open

These are some images:

BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting [​IMG]

& : The term '.\resources\main.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
    program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:2
    + &'.\resources\main.ps1'
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\resources\main.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

PS C:\Users\aaaaaaaa\AppData\Local\Temp\7zOC0FCEAB0>

How do you troubleshoot the BETA log collector or troubleshoot the computer so that it can extract and the open the log collector.
    The extract had previously worked as there are five beta zip folders on the desktop. Something has happened to where the extract does not appear to work.
    How do you troubleshoot the extract?

This was the BETA log collector when it was ran successfully on 8/1/2018
    DESKTOP-9HEBUKS-(2018-08-01_19-50-52).zip

zbook, Oct 14, 2018
  3. zbook Win User

This is the 7zip setting that must be deselected in order to run the BETA log collector:

zbook, Oct 14, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting

The problem seems to be the extract?
    It use to work as there are five BETA log collector folders on the desktop.
    There was another area to click extract which no longer appears like it use to.
    Clicking on the extract in the image does not properly extract.
    So far unable to use the beta log collector and had used it multiple times.

Any idea how to troubleshoot the beta log collector or the computer?
    For the computer scannow, restorehealth all without integrity violations.

zbook, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting

1. BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting - Similar Threads - BETA Log Collector

2. Slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow upload speed: My PC internet upload speed is limited to 5Mb/s for some reason. It is limited both on the wifi and over ethernet.I've tried both the ethernet cable and wifi and both limit my speed to 5Mb/s. The weird thing is that I have a NAS connected to the same network, and I can upload...
  3. slow upload speed

slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  4. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  5. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow upload speed: Have 3 computers on network. 2 have good upload of 2KB the other has upload of 0.1. Any suggestion to improve the upload by alteration of settings or anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/9d1163f2-f95f-4cb1-85f5-5387127f331a
  6. The V2 Log collector is triggering my antivirus

The V2 Log collector is triggering my antivirus: I'm using Bitdefender. It kept blocking the log collector when I ran it. Eventually, it found a .cab file in my temp files that it did not like, and quarantined it, describing the nature of the threat as "Atc4.Detection". Any thoughts? Update: Attached output of DM Log...
  7. BETA Log Collector is not working

BETA Log Collector is not working: I downloaded the files, extracted them and and tried to open the file log-collector.ink as explained in this post: BSOD - Posting Instructions but about 2 seconds after I opened the file it closes itself and I cant interact with it at all. how do i troubleshoot it? 129714
  8. Troubleshooting the BETA log collector (extract > open)

Troubleshooting the BETA log collector (extract > open): In the BSOD forum there are two log collectors: DM and BETA BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums In the VIP forum there is a thread for Improving the Log Collection Script. Improving the Log Collection Script There is a new version of the BETA log collector that...
  9. Cannot run DM log Collector Tool

Cannot run DM log Collector Tool: Hi I have had a BSOD and want to run the DM Log Collector tool as instructed in the BSOD forum, so I can post on that forum, however when I try to run the tool I get this message "This app can't run on your PC. (see attached Picture) Any ideas what I am doing wrong....
  10. Log Collector Fails

Log Collector Fails: Hello! When I run the log collector and press a key when it says to, a command prompt appears but almost instantly disappears as a bunch of lines quickly flash by. After, there is a folder on my desktop called TF debug files but it is full of empty text files. A text file...