Windows 10: Better advice.

Discus and support Better advice. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been told to make this complaint on my personal account. Removed content.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PO'd User 1000001, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Better advice.

I have been told to make this complaint on my personal account. Removed content.

:)

PO'd User 1000001, Sep 5, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Sep 5, 2020
  3. What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Sep 5, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Better advice.

Need Advice on PC Parts

no it would be overkill really *Stick Out Tongue Better advice. :p Can you still give back your monitor? IMO going 1920x1200/1080 is a better thing to do... If you can't give it back its ok...

And yes because the EVGA I suggested is EVGA... lifetime warranty + step-up prgram

n-ster, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Better advice.

1. Better advice. - Similar Threads - Better advice

2. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data: Hello guys,few days ago i arrived to my work as usuall and started PC. Everything went fine until Windows loaded my desktop. There were 80 % of icons missing. All of the programs i assume were able to start but after finding them on hard drives or Start menu, only few had...
  3. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data: Hello guys,few days ago i arrived to my work as usuall and started PC. Everything went fine until Windows loaded my desktop. There were 80 % of icons missing. All of the programs i assume were able to start but after finding them on hard drives or Start menu, only few had...
  4. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!: Hello, I am running Windows 11 23H2 Home Insider Preview, and I am experiencing difficulties running Roblox, nothing opens.Is there any way to fix this without downgrading my operating system?If you are curious, here are my PC specifications below:...
  6. Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!

Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!: Hello, I am running Windows 11 23H2 Home Insider Preview, and I am experiencing difficulties running Roblox, nothing opens.Is there any way to fix this without downgrading my operating system?If you are curious, here are my PC specifications below:...
  7. What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?: I have this old Windows Xp era laptop and have Windows 7 installed but its really slow, so I was wondering if Windows Vista being older runs faster than 7....
  8. What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?: I have this old Windows Xp era laptop and have Windows 7 installed but its really slow, so I was wondering if Windows Vista being older runs faster than 7....
  9. What will happen if I press Yes to reset fTPM BitLocker. Image attached below for better...

What will happen if I press Yes to reset fTPM BitLocker. Image attached below for better...: Upon login to the MS account, the recovery key seems to be absent.I watched this video to understand but I don't see any screen to enter the BitLocker key blue screen at the start of the video.https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vfrs5k9nSk4Please suggest.Thank you...
  10. Didn’t get any advice on pcmasterrace, thought it’d be better here.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Didn’t get any advice on pcmasterrace, thought it’d be better here.: submitted by /u/the_mcm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jirrwo/didnt_get_any_advice_on_pcmasterrace_thought_itd/