Windows 10: Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There’s a good chance you’ve noticed that Microsoft Edge and other popular browsers have recently been focused on improving battery life. We’ve been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update

Source: Better battery life with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 13, 2017

2. Battery drains faster in Windows 10.

Yep, mine too seems to be from a over active Windows 10 that just has a ton of processes running in background. As someone else put it, "this Windows 10 never shuts up". Always doing something, and I got way better battery life with Windows 7 and 8 then
    Win 10. Yea been round and round with Lenovo and Microsoft and apparently its just what it is and you can do incremental things to improve it. Reduce brightness, use Battery Saver, set power management to best battery life. Pretty much slow your PC down to
    pre 2010 speed in order to save power. I run a couple laptops with Linux installed and its always been bad at battery life. Even my Linux machines same model PC as running Win10 does just as well or a bit better. That's never ben the case and Fall Creator
    in my opinion is worse not better then Creator. My battery in the laptop says it has 97% of factory capacity so the battery has not lost a lot of capacity. I've noticed that my laptop seems warmer and fan cycles way more with Fall Creator then Creator did.
    Maybe it will get better with updates? I know I tried switching to Edge browser instead of Chrome but did nothing significant for battery life as far as I can tell.

jescott418, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Adobe Flash

What OS Build of Windows 10 Version 1703 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
      key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<QP>

[In Win10 1703 AKA Creators Update we’ve] made Microsoft Edge default to only allow Adobe Flash content to run when someone explicitly clicks on it. With this policy, you can choose to override this experience and allow Adobe Flash content to simply run...

</QP>

Source:
    https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2017/05/04/improvements-enterprises-microsoft-edge-windows-10-creators-update/

<QP>

[Win10 1703] now blocks Adobe Flash content by default to improve security, performance, and battery life on mobile devices. However, you'll continue to be in control and allow Flash content once (or always) by clicking the
    puzzle icon that appears in the address bar.

</QP>

Source:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/whats-new-microsoft-edge-windows-10-creators-update

<QP>

Starting with the Creators Update, Microsoft Edge will automatically block all Flash content from running unless you explicitly say it can. When a web page has Flash content that wants to play, Edge will provide a popup from the address bar that will allow
    you to turn it on if needed. If not, the web page will continue to load without the Flash component. This is to help keep you protected when browsing the web.

</QP>

Source:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-edge-creators-update

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 13, 2017
  4. magilla Win User

I appreciate this, however Edge still fails to perform the way I need it to---too limited in attachments

magilla, Apr 14, 2017
  5. DC10 Win User
    I agree with you Magilla. I'm more concerned with that than with power consumption. That's why I'm still running IE.

DC10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Better battery life with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - Better battery life

2. Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update: So I have used my laptop for a couple of months at its point with no problem. The battery life was 8 hours, and it kept cool, with the CPU and GPU at around 40C under regular workload. However, recently, my battery life went down to 1.5 hours, and my CPU started to heat up to...
  3. Windows 10 19H2 will offer better performance and battery life

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H2 will offer better performance and battery life: Windows 10 19H2 (Fall 2019 Update) is set to roll out later this year with select performance improvements, quality enhancements and enterprises features. Microsoft also confirmed that Windows 10 19H2 installation on May 2019 Update PCs will be handled more like the monthly...
  4. Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update: Last week, the Windows 10 1809 update appeared for my 2017 Surface Pro Core i7, and I decided to give it a go. All in all the update runs great on the Surface Pro, but the battery life seems to noticeably drain quicker than 1803. Has anyone else seen increased power...
  5. Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update: Last week, the Windows 10 1809 update appeared for my 2017 Surface Pro Core i7, and I decided to give it a go. All in all the update runs great on the Surface Pro, but the battery life seems to noticeably drain quicker than 1803. Has anyone else seen increased power...
  6. Windows 10 changed my life for the better!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 changed my life for the better!: When Windows 10 came out and absolutely demolished everyone's computers and my own continuously, usually after a month or two of the garbage automatic updates taking it out, I got curious and started looking into other operating systems. I took a couple of freebie online...
  7. Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 April 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 April 2018 Update: What happens when three identical devices run different browsers? The Microsoft Edge team wanted to find out. This experiment showed that battery life on a PC running Microsoft Edge lasts 98% longer than Mozilla Firefox and 14% longer than Google Chrome. T24bRAm8MT0 110943
  8. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...
  9. Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 FCU

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Experiment: Battery Life | Windows 10 FCU: What happens when three identical devices run different browsers? The Microsoft Edge team wanted to find out. This experiment showed that battery life on a PC running Microsoft Edge lasts 63% longer than Mozilla Firefox and 19% longer than Google Chrome. 9NC_4m1oMIY 101519
  10. What’s new in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 Creators Update: Today, the Windows 10 Creators Update began rolling out to over 400 million Windows 10 devices. With the Creators Update, we’re upgrading Microsoft Edge with dozens of new features and under-the-hood improvements to make the best browser on Windows 10 faster, leaner, and more...