Windows 10: Better Computer Performance

Discus and support Better Computer Performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 pro and would really (really) appreciate some tips on increasing system performance. I'm a neophyte when it comes to finer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alpphonse, Oct 3, 2019.

1. alpphonse Win User

Better Computer Performance

I'm running Windows 10 pro and would really (really) appreciate some tips on increasing system performance. I'm a neophyte when it comes to finer aspects of tuning a system.

Thanks!

Mike

:)

alpphonse, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Will My Computer Perform Better After Upgrade?

I only suggest buying amd if u want to do minor oc's or no oc's at all. Otherwise go intel.

spearman914, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Better Computer Performance

Windows 10/Computer Freeze Up

Hello,

For us to better assist you with your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you improve your computer's performance.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Better Computer Performance

1. Better Computer Performance - Similar Threads - Better Computer Performance

2. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  3. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  4. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with "Better performance" profile for USB drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with "Better performance" profile for USB drive?: I occasionally take backups to a portable external USB drive. This is a non-too-swift drive so I set the "Better performance" for the drive. Following completion of a backup the "Safely remove" process would often fail saying the drive was still in use. This condition would...
  6. Problem with "Better performance" profile for USB drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with "Better performance" profile for USB drive?: I occasionally take backups to a portable external USB drive. This is a non-too-swift drive so I set the "Better performance" for the drive. Following completion of a backup the "Safely remove" process would often fail saying the drive was still in use. This condition would...
  7. Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?

in Windows 10 Support
    Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?: Hello, I have a question about the performance slider on Windows 10 laptops (the one when you click the battery icon in the system tray). Am I legally blind, or there's really no noticeable performance increase when I set it from Better Performance to Best Performance? Yes,...
  8. Activate option for hard disks for a better performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activate option for hard disks for a better performance?: Should one activate the option for external drives, hard disks for a better performance (enables the cache, and the risk of data loss is higher) or fast removing (cache will be disabled) of the drive: [ATTACH] How much faster is it to use the better performance option,...
  9. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?: Windows Update is currently doing an update but it's really, really slow. In Task Manager Disk is constantly around 100%. I have 3 questions: (1) I was wondering if it's better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode with Network? (2) Would it not be faster? (3) I...
  10. Better Performance & No Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Better Performance & No Blue Screens: After recovering from multiple blue screens I made a decision to use only Microsoft software - Mail, Edge, Defender. So far so good. Not one new blue screen. Could my MS only decision really be helping or is it just in my head? 102131