Windows 10: better heatsink

Discus and support better heatsink in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used to own that same case. It has a CPU cut out. Take the rear panel off and you will see it. Where exactly are you referring to. Because yes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Sep 21, 2015.

1. better heatsink

Where exactly are you referring to. Because yes it does have 2 side panels that can be removed but you cant remove the rear panel. And if i take off the one side panel that has the board attached to it i still wont be be able to get to the underside of it w out removing the board because the board is attached to the standoffs on that side panel.

Matt Siegel, Sep 27, 2015
  2. stormy13 Win User

The motherboard is not attached to the side panel, it is attached to the motherboard tray inside.

Just going to leave this here so you can see what they are talking about,

Dragon Rider_Full Tower_Corporation IN WIN Retail Website

better heatsink [​IMG]

stormy13, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Tonyb Win User
    Tonyb, Sep 27, 2015
  4. better heatsink

oh! now I see stormy and essenbe. Thanks for posting that. For some reason(dont ask why) I was thinking that I would have a issue getting to the back side of where the cpu sits on this case.But now i do see that is not the case. I will take the other side panel off and have a look see. One other thing though is I think i may be stuck using the stock intel fan due to clearance issues because I picked up a much less expensive fan; one that just has a outer ring with push-in pegs to it(no back plate, etc) and on that one the heat sink was hitting my ram sticks on the one side and also hitting the motherboard processors as well so that was a no go. And that could be a issue if i decide to go back and get the cooler master one again. That could be a issue with the cm 212 as well. There might be a clearance issue with this board. I was at frys today and had a bit of extra time before i had to be elsewhere so I took a look at what newer boards there were and the thing is on all the ones i looked at it appears that the ram slots are still pretty close to the cpu slot which again may pose a clearance issue unless there is a way to raise the fan and heatsink up a bit so it will clear the ram slots for sure.

Matt Siegel, Sep 28, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    Sorry. Getting a little frustrated with the way the thread was (or wasn't) progressing.

bobkn, Sep 28, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    better heatsink [​IMG]

This is from CoolerMaster's webpage.

There's a 37 mm clearance between the fan and the mounting surface. I believe that Corsair doesn't publish the heights of their RAM's heat spreaders, so it may be hard to find out whether It'd clear your RAM. (My guess is that it will, but you may not be able to access the RAM when the heat sink/fan is in place. Sometimes you can move the fan to the other side of the HSF (flipping the fan around to keep the airflow towards the rear of the case), if that helps clear the RAM.

As others have pointed out, the Hyper 212 Evo may be too tall with the side fan in place.

bobkn, Sep 28, 2015
  7. Well; I dont think there would be a issue w the big side fan but more so a issue with my ram sticks as the corsair ram I have has the big heatsinks on them. unfortunately i think at this point i am stuck using the stock intel fan no matter what I try.

Matt Siegel, Sep 28, 2015
  8. better heatsink

anything more to add here?

Matt Siegel, Sep 29, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Just a thought but when recharging a heat sink take the time to look up the manual to find out how it's installed and the size, etc. I spent a bit of time before I got mine so I didn't have to remove the motherboard. But, in the end I had to get a new motherboard.

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2015
  10. Hemimax Win User
    I think I am sorry you feel that way.

Hemimax, Oct 2, 2015
  11. Clive K Win User
    I argued a bit with my son about the stock Intel heatsink/fan when I did a new build a few months ago.
    I've found them reliable even with hotter CPU's than the one I have currently, and they provided good cooling.
    I don't OC, but he competes in OC'ing. So here I am again with the K processor and a Hyper 212 Evo. (Since he gets my cast-offs I think he has ulterior motives, but his suggestions are good and I trust him.)
    My case is a monster, which provides good air-flow with minimal fans.
    For non-overclocking and with that case and CPU he should have no issues with overheating with the stock heatsink/fan.
    Maybe he should look more closely at how it's handling air-flow.
    I sort of hated tossing that new Intel heatsink/fan - right into my sons hands.
    He didn't have any problem installing the Hyper 212 Evo, but he had to do it twice, because an end RAM stick had to go in first.
    It looked like a PITA to me, but that's probably because he does my new builds now. Better hands.

Clive K, Oct 2, 2015
  12. bobkn Win User
    Expressed frustration at a perceived unwillingness to listen. (OP was told by several people that the backplate required for a third party heatsink could be installed without removing his MB from the case, because the case has a cutout for that. Eventually he came 'round, but decided not to do the HSF upgrade anyway.) Please read the whole thread.

bobkn, Oct 3, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

better heatsink

I use a Corsair H75 fairly inexpensive at NewEgg.

better heatsink [​IMG]

Thema:

better heatsink

1. better heatsink - Similar Threads - better heatsink

2. Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which browser is better? Chrome or Edge?: Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
  3. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data: Hello guys,few days ago i arrived to my work as usuall and started PC. Everything went fine until Windows loaded my desktop. There were 80 % of icons missing. All of the programs i assume were able to start but after finding them on hard drives or Start menu, only few had...
  4. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data: Hello guys,few days ago i arrived to my work as usuall and started PC. Everything went fine until Windows loaded my desktop. There were 80 % of icons missing. All of the programs i assume were able to start but after finding them on hard drives or Start menu, only few had...
  5. Windows 10 much better performance after failed load of data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!: Hello, I am running Windows 11 23H2 Home Insider Preview, and I am experiencing difficulties running Roblox, nothing opens.Is there any way to fix this without downgrading my operating system?If you are curious, here are my PC specifications below:...
  7. Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!

Microsoft! YOU BETTER FIX THIS NOW!!!: Hello, I am running Windows 11 23H2 Home Insider Preview, and I am experiencing difficulties running Roblox, nothing opens.Is there any way to fix this without downgrading my operating system?If you are curious, here are my PC specifications below:...
  8. What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?: I have this old Windows Xp era laptop and have Windows 7 installed but its really slow, so I was wondering if Windows Vista being older runs faster than 7....
  9. What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?

What runs better on an old laptop? Windows 7 or Windows Vista?: I have this old Windows Xp era laptop and have Windows 7 installed but its really slow, so I was wondering if Windows Vista being older runs faster than 7....
  10. What will happen if I press Yes to reset fTPM BitLocker. Image attached below for better...

What will happen if I press Yes to reset fTPM BitLocker. Image attached below for better...: Upon login to the MS account, the recovery key seems to be absent.I watched this video to understand but I don't see any screen to enter the BitLocker key blue screen at the start of the video.https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vfrs5k9nSk4Please suggest.Thank you...