Windows 10: Better Performance & No Blue Screens

Discus and support Better Performance & No Blue Screens in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After recovering from multiple blue screens I made a decision to use only Microsoft software - Mail, Edge, Defender. So far so good. Not one new blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lpatrick, Jan 10, 2018.

1. lpatrick Win User

Better Performance & No Blue Screens

After recovering from multiple blue screens I made a decision to use only Microsoft software - Mail, Edge, Defender. So far so good. Not one new blue screen. Could my MS only decision really be helping or is it just in my head?

:)

lpatrick, Jan 10, 2018
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

windows 10 not starting up

Hi Trinity,

The Family & other people section in the Settings app will show the accounts that are active on your device. To better facilitate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're getting the blue screen errors after boot up or while using the device.
    • The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd recommend checking the specified section to see if there's another account listed on your device. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Settings using Cortana.
    • Locate and click on Family & other people.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the steps posted on this
    link
    to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Please tell me Windows 10 didn't get rid of Word/Excel in the start menu drag and drop?!

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) On which Alienware application you are getting blue screen error?

2) Do you receive any error message along with blue screen error?

3) What is the make and model of your computer?

For the issue related to Microsoft Word and Excel, you can post your query on Microsoft Office forum for better assistance.

Refer to the below link:

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, related to blue screen error and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Kindly reply to us with the status of the issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 10, 2018
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

It's in your head. What programs were giving you trouble?

eLPuSHeR, Jan 10, 2018
  5. CountMike New Member
    Microsoft programs are quite capable of malfunctioning and making a mess too. As far as 3rd party programs are concerned, the best policy is to find good ones and stick with them as long as they function properly and are updated as required. I have a collection of programs I stick to for many years. Some, like Total Commander, Firefox and Revo Uninstaller made their appearance as far as 15 or more years ago and still being updated and working super.

CountMike, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    It's in you head. I have not had a BSOD (or whatever the fashion trending colour is) for many years. It has always been a mix of MS Applications and many from elsewhere.
    I'm not more trusting of an MS application. You learn over the years as to what you trust and this varies over the years.

Many applications have fallen by the wayside over the years, or rather decades now. New applications have replaced those.

If an application works badly or damaging in some aspect, does nothing useful, causes wasted time then it is dropped.

Also you have to check the hardware is OK as all your OS and applications sit on top of that.

Many people seem to keep installing on dying HDDs for some odd reason. The short arms and deep pockets syndrome.

Helmut, Jan 10, 2018
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    The experience of one individual over a relatively short period of time is not statistically valid. For that you would need many individuals over a long period of time, and precautions would need to be taken to ensure other factors did not overly influence results.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Better Performance & No Blue Screens - Similar Threads - Better Performance Blue

2. performance issue and blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    performance issue and blue screen: Hello, I wanted to ask something, it turns out that I just had a blue screen, leaving me with the "MEMORY.DMP" file. I don't know if in some way this caused my laptop to be slower now and everything, I would like to have some help as soon as possible...
  3. performance issue and blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    performance issue and blue screen: Hello, I wanted to ask something, it turns out that I just had a blue screen, leaving me with the "MEMORY.DMP" file. I don't know if in some way this caused my laptop to be slower now and everything, I would like to have some help as soon as possible...
  4. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  5. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  6. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Slow performance and the blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow performance and the blue screen: Hello. I have a Z510 Lenovo laptop with Windows 10.Many times, after working with the laptop for a while, the speed of Windows slows down a lot, and when I turn off the laptop, a blue screen with a stop code power state failure appears.Please help me to solve this issue....
  8. Slow performance and the blue screen

Slow performance and the blue screen: Hello. I have a Z510 Lenovo laptop with Windows 10.Many times, after working with the laptop for a while, the speed of Windows slows down a lot, and when I turn off the laptop, a blue screen with a stop code power state failure appears.Please help me to solve this issue....
  9. Slow performance and the blue screen

10. Better Computer Performance

Better Computer Performance: I'm running Windows 10 pro and would really (really) appreciate some tips on increasing system performance. I'm a neophyte when it comes to finer aspects of tuning a system. Thanks! Mike...