Windows 10: Beware app updates for news , sport, weather and money

Discus and support Beware app updates for news , sport, weather and money in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On all our computers after installing these latest app updates on my user account most of them wouldn't launch on the other family user accounts in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Beware app updates for news , sport, weather and money

On all our computers after installing these latest app updates on my user account most of them wouldn't launch on the other family user accounts in the aftermath. On my account they were fine but for example on my sons weather, money and sport wouldn't open. Clicking did nothing. I had to reset the apps in their accounts to get them working again. Very frustrating and time consuming. Way to go MS, they are so poor for updating their own apps. This has happened on a few occasions on the past, not often but enough to be annoying.

:)

Scottyboy99, Apr 20, 2017

2. Windows store not working

I created new ID and started after reading your mail.

And found following apps missing in list of new Id

1.Windows store

2.Money

3.News

4.Sports

5.Weather

In these money, news, sports, weather apps, when I click on these icons apps screen will flash's once and goes off.

kumarv4991, Apr 20, 2017
  3. jofisch Win User
    Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.

Have this behavior since Build 14986

Apps involved are Weather, News, Sports and Money

jofisch, Apr 20, 2017
Thema:

Beware app updates for news , sport, weather and money

1. Beware app updates for news , sport, weather and money - Similar Threads - Beware app updates

2. News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.: I have windows 20H2. I updated to 21H1 to see if the news and weather update works correctly. However, it isn't working. It doesn't refresh the weather on its own, rather it refreshes when I hover upon it. I had the same issue earlier and I chatted with a Microsoft expert in...
  3. News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.: I have windows 20H2. I updated to 21H1 to see if the news and weather update works correctly. However, it isn't working. It doesn't refresh the weather on its own, rather it refreshes when I hover upon it. I had the same issue earlier and I chatted with a Microsoft expert in...
  4. News and weather update isn't displaying the weather correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. News and interests "Weather" app megathread.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    News and interests "Weather" app megathread.: Love it or hate it the News and Interests app is here and you have to deal with it. And as annoying as the app may be for some of you it's not as annoying as 100 posts ranting about it and thus, this megathread was born. How do I disable it? Right click -> News and...
  6. News & Sports apps not doing notifications

News & Sports apps not doing notifications: I can't get notifications from either app. I found one suggested fix about resetting the Action Center, but while that fixed another app that wouldn't show notifications, it didn't do anything for those two. I tried turning them off and on in Background Apps, resetting the...
  7. Microsoft Money App No New News Updates

Microsoft Money App No New News Updates: WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET NEW FINANCIAL NEWS UPDATES AGAIN THEY HAVE BEEN THE SAME FOR N DAYS!! I HAVE UNINSTALLED THE APP AND REINSTALLED BUT TO NO AVAIL...
  8. Latest Microsoft Sports, Money, and Weather apps crash on my Windows 10 latest slow ring...

Latest Microsoft Sports, Money, and Weather apps crash on my Windows 10 latest slow ring...: After updated to the latest version of Microsoft News, Weather, Sports, and Money from Windiws Store about a week ago, only News work, the rest crash after starting the apss. The splash screen open momentar8ly then just closed. i have tested un8nstall and reinstall the...
  9. Weather, Money and Sports apps on Windows 10 in Fluent Design

in Windows 10 News
    Weather, Money and Sports apps on Windows 10 in Fluent Design: Microsoft earlier today launched the rebranded News app on Windows 10, and the company is now rolling out a new update to Weather, Money and Sports app with Fluent Design. It appears that the update is only available for Windows Insiders, and it includes new Fluent Design...
  10. Beware latest news, sports and money app updates

Beware latest news, sports and money app updates: Overnight these all got app updates. Initially on my user acc they worked after this. But each app was broken for the other user accounts on my pc. Same on our second pc. Only way to restore function was uninstall in ccleaner and re install via store. Once again the update...