Windows 10: Beware MS OneDrive update...!- How to cleanup dupe/copy...?

Discus and support Beware MS OneDrive update...!- How to cleanup dupe/copy...? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Yesterday evening (a week after last Win Update)- I opened File Explorer, and there was an update OneDrive now..., at the top (previously when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by scottls59901, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Beware MS OneDrive update...!- How to cleanup dupe/copy...?

Yesterday evening (a week after last Win Update)- I opened File Explorer, and there was an update OneDrive now..., at the top (previously when I hovered over OneDrive Icon on taskbar, it said up to date).

I opened File Explorer again, and clicked Update (Desktop, Documents, and Pictures selected(I probably should have un-selected Desktop?)- Now my Desktop file storage Folders have a little cloud, where there used to an up arrow.

It came back- said there were 4,455 duplicate files, and "copy" would be added to all new files.
    Then the kicker...!- There will be only 2gig of Storage Space left! I'm sure that MS will then offer to rent me more $pace!

How can I cleanup... dupe/copy OneDrive files?

:)

scottls59901, Aug 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 26, 2020
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Beware MS OneDrive update...!- How to cleanup dupe/copy...?

I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

I would suggest you to reset OneDrive and then try copying the files to see if it works.

• Press ‘Windows’
      and ‘R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the run dialog box and copy paste the following into the Run box:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Open Run window again and copy paste the following:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Restart the machine and try copying the files to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, turn off Files On-Demand feature and try copying. Refer to the article
    Save disk space
    with OneDrive Files On-Demand for Windows 10
    , for the same.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Beware MS OneDrive update...!- How to cleanup dupe/copy...?

1. Beware MS OneDrive update...!- How to cleanup dupe/copy...? - Similar Threads - Beware OneDrive update

2. Onedrive -Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  3. Onedrive -Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  4. Was I duped?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Was I duped?: I kept getting this notification saying my windows license will expire, so I called up windows support for the UAE and the guy asked for my mobile number. I believe the support number was 4 391 7700. After pressing a few ones and twos, I got to a support person. They told me...
  5. Onedrive cleanup

Onedrive cleanup: Don't use Onedrive and have never created an account for it, but I am concerned it may have sucked up a bunch of photos early on before I went in and disabled all that cloud related stuff (Onedrive, shared experience, yourphone). W10 docs say Onedrive is enabled by default,...
  6. Onedrive cleanup

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive cleanup: Don't use Onedrive and have never created an account for it, but I am concerned it may have sucked up a bunch of photos early on before I went in and disabled all that cloud related stuff (Onedrive, shared experience, yourphone). W10 docs say Onedrive is enabled by default,...
  7. OneDrive Copies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Copies: Hi I've got all of my documents from c:\users\<<name>>\Documents copied to OneDrive, together with my music and pictures folder. I've noticed that there is also, on my C: drive, a folder c:\users\<<name>>\OneDrive - which ALSO has copies of the documents, pictures and...
  8. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS: Today I recieved a phone call from an Indian related individual. He informed me that his company was going out of business and had to refund $299.00 Related to the fact that Windows Defender was no longer working because it expired. He wants people to download www.anydesk.com...
  9. 10586 update issues - beware

10586 update issues - beware: I've been reading here and I see I'm not the only one to have issues, but I think I have one that may not have been mentioned - namely, after the update and all the regular problems like resetting default apps etc., I also realized the update went through my Fonts folder and...
  10. New Update today BEWARE!

New Update today BEWARE!: I just did the latest update. At least it was for me. Low and behold Microsoft decided to install a little EXTRA DRM on me without notice. It's a file called Au.exe and was in the temp folder. The actual program name is Online Games Manager and was immediately caught...