Windows 10: Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site

Discus and support Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As Of 12/29/18 There Has Been A Increase Of Scammer Sites Telling You Need A Critical Firefox Update Mozilla Corporation Does Know About This And... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by access user 2010, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site

As Of 12/29/18 There Has Been A Increase Of Scammer Sites Telling You Need A Critical Firefox Update

Mozilla Corporation Does Know About This And Has Added A Protection Feature To Prevent Downloading This Malicious Firefox Update

Mozilla Does Not Prompt You To Download A File Called Firefox.exe

Fake Site

Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site 1c80fe82-ef71-4013-8934-630e4ae3d5ec?upload=true.png

Original Update

Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site 02c0bb92-ba87-4cea-95e7-3ffe1e8abaa5?upload=true.png

Watch Out For These Site And If You See One Follow These Steps :

1. Never Click Install On The Pop-up

2.Use A Antivirus Or A Adware Removal Tool To Remove Any Threats Listed

3. Reset Firefox

4 . Avoid Going To The Same Site

:)

access user 2010, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site [​IMG]

Borg 386, Dec 29, 2018
  3. fake firefox update

Has anyone found out what the fake firefox update actually does to your computer?

RogerHanna_891, Dec 29, 2018
  4. CarolLJ Win User

Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site

fake firefox update

Scroll through those Bing search results, and you'll come across info. like this. Fake Firefox Update Spreads Spyware | PCWorld There's
    more, some on MozillaZine forums.

As an aside... often when doing searches for malware info or malware removal, you may end up on a malicious website. Suggest you install this browser add-on. https://www.mywot.com/

CarolLJ, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site

1. Beware Of The Fake Firefox Needs A Update Site - Similar Threads - Beware Fake Firefox

2. Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...: Today, I clicked on a link on Google News and got immediate frozen computer with security message purporting to be from Microsoft with a number to call. I suspected it was a scam,so didn't call the number. Instead, I logged into Microsoft on my phone and started a chat which...
  3. Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...: Today, I clicked on a link on Google News and got immediate frozen computer with security message purporting to be from Microsoft with a number to call. I suspected it was a scam,so didn't call the number. Instead, I logged into Microsoft on my phone and started a chat which...
  4. block fake virus site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    block fake virus site: I keep getting fake "you have a virus" messages from top-captcsharesolver.com. How do I block this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/block-fake-virus-site/6cba62ca-cf63-4a3e-a55a-571e7aeba35c
  5. Is this a fake scammer site? or Microsoft?

Is this a fake scammer site? or Microsoft?: I searched error code 30088-4 and saw information on https://**** and thought I was on Microsoft. I let them remotely access but then kicked them off. There were no popups but they did look at registry I think. My Windows 10 is up to date and I have virus protection and...
  6. FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE

FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE: In a Bing search, I came across an online ad which lists our company name, our web address and other info about our company. Click on the ad and you will be redirected to somewhere else. We did not place any online ads. To whom would I direct an inquiry?...
  7. Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers: Makes me not want to be on a PC at all ??!! Been caught by slimy hacker - Blonde is name by 'Marriage' want to go back to maiden but 12 letters needs abbrev. AND like my kids last name to be like Moms !! for now OK I'm done, whining...
  8. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  9. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist: I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned websites on both jump lists. One thing that has been aggravating me slightly is with the latest Firefox the ‘frequent sites’ no...
  10. Beware of Hicurdismos: A fake Microsoft Security Essentials installer

in Windows 10 News
    Beware of Hicurdismos: A fake Microsoft Security Essentials installer: Wouldn’t it be a shame if, in trying to secure your PC, you inadvertently install malware and run the risk of being scammed? We recently discovered a threat detected as SupportScam:MSIL/Hicurdismos.A that pretends to be a Microsoft Security Essentials installer. Microsoft...