Windows 10: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Discus and support Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In my E-Mail this morning: Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet 67838 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Berton, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Berton Win User

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Berton, Oct 23, 2016
  2. Jason Lee Jr, Oct 23, 2016
  3. Scammers

Unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. These are a few examples.

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls, display pop-up alerts in your browser to call a support number or send unsolicited email messages to request personal or financial information or
    to fix your computer.

If the scam involves unsolicited phone calls from someone claiming to be an
    employee affiliated with Microsoft or Windows Support advising your computer is infected with malware,
    not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers.

For more information and resources to protect yourself from scams, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams
    ...there are suggestions
    near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem.

quietman7 - MVP, Oct 23, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware [​IMG]

Borg 386, Oct 23, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware - Similar Threads - Beware fake BSOD

2. Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...: Today, I clicked on a link on Google News and got immediate frozen computer with security message purporting to be from Microsoft with a number to call. I suspected it was a scam,so didn't call the number. Instead, I logged into Microsoft on my phone and started a chat which...
  3. Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...: Today, I clicked on a link on Google News and got immediate frozen computer with security message purporting to be from Microsoft with a number to call. I suspected it was a scam,so didn't call the number. Instead, I logged into Microsoft on my phone and started a chat which...
  4. Fake tech-support scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fake tech-support scam: More better AntiVirus your gonna get a blue screen if you don't[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-tech-support-scam/0ec82939-7e6b-444b-a4f8-acbce23bc600
  5. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEWARE OF SCAMMERS: Today I recieved a phone call from an Indian related individual. He informed me that his company was going out of business and had to refund $299.00 Related to the fact that Windows Defender was no longer working because it expired. He wants people to download www.anydesk.com...
  6. Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers: Makes me not want to be on a PC at all ??!! Been caught by slimy hacker - Blonde is name by 'Marriage' want to go back to maiden but 12 letters needs abbrev. AND like my kids last name to be like Moms !! for now OK I'm done, whining...
  7. scammers fake support

scammers fake support: Microsoft will not post support on my pc at anytime / https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scammers-fake-support/9676351d-528c-4875-a2b9-fd30f60b8644"
  8. Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...

Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus if you need help. This is a public community. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, or credit card number.https://support.microsoft.com/contactus...
  9. Tech Support Scammers

Tech Support Scammers: I have paid money three times over the past two years to outfits that claim to be Microsoft tech support. I allow them to remotely access my computer to do their thing. I was finally told that any tech support you get after 6:00 pm is not Microsoft and these scammers are...
  10. Fake Tech Support Scam

Fake Tech Support Scam: Hi all, I've seen a lot of talk on here of fake tech support taking control of computers to help you fix "problems" with your computer. I was in a panic when i got this fake notification and didn't know what to do so I called and let the person take control of my computer. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. krish radiant microsoft scam