Windows 10: BEX event

Discus and support BEX event in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wasn't sure where to go with this so here goes. I've used Cyberlink Media Suite for years. Until recently, I never had a problem. But since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, Oct 10, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

BEX event

I wasn't sure where to go with this so here goes. I've used Cyberlink Media Suite for years. Until recently, I never had a problem. But since the latest cu, when I open PowerProducer6, it starts to open, freezes then it disappears. Obviously something is shutting it down. I checked Reliability History and it states that there was a BEX event. The faulting object was Producer6.exe. Not sure what to do. I checked Cyberlink forums but no help there. I'll attach a screenshot of the error report. If anybody has a clue what to do to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

BEX event [​IMG]

:)

RichardC, Oct 10, 2019

2. Help with a BEX error.

Hi James,

BEX errors are typically raised when Windows detects that a program tries to put more data than possible in a region of memory. It's like overfilling a glass with water until the water spills over.

Kindly confirm if this is how you tried to restore files from a backup:

1. Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start
      button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking
      Backup and Restore.
    2. Click Restore my files, and then follow the steps in the wizard.

Also, please send a screenshot of the error you are getting when attempting to restore your files.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Oct 10, 2019
  3. DouglasJB Win User
    After Windows 10 1903 installed I get Windows errors with event-name "BEX"

I have been running since a year, a program with no problem, but after installing Windows 10 1903, the program can not start any longer and gives anApplication error event-ID1000 followed by a Windows error event-ID1001.

Windows:

Error-bucket 1712821432180016004, type 5

Eventname: BEX

Not available

-<EventData>

<<Data>1712821432180016004</Data>

<Data>5</Data>

<Data>BEX</Data>

<Data>Not available</Data>

What is happening - How to fix ?

Douglas Barclay

DouglasJB, Oct 10, 2019
  4. ddelo Win User

BEX event

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. BEX event :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

BEX event

1. BEX event - Similar Threads - BEX event

2. WindowCapture.exe by BEX interfering with discord? It's potentially the reason why it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowCapture.exe by BEX interfering with discord? It's potentially the reason why it's...: I've had my sound disconnect frequently when I'm using Discord overlay or trying to stream on Discord. The support ticket that I've sent to Discord found that WindowCapture.exe by BEX in my DxDiag may be causing my headset to cut out sound so frequently. Where can I find...
  3. WindowCapture.exe by BEX interfering with discord? It's potentially the reason why it's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowCapture.exe by BEX interfering with discord? It's potentially the reason why it's...: I've had my sound disconnect frequently when I'm using Discord overlay or trying to stream on Discord. The support ticket that I've sent to Discord found that WindowCapture.exe by BEX in my DxDiag may be causing my headset to cut out sound so frequently. Where can I find...
  4. BEX Error when DEP is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEX Error when DEP is on: HelloI am trying to recreate a Proof of Concept for a vulnerability CVE-2018-12113. The vulnerable FTP client is installed on a Windows 10 VM. When the Python script is executed and the FTP client is used to connect to the server, the client crashes, which I think is supposed...
  5. BEX Error when DEP is on

BEX Error when DEP is on: HelloI am trying to recreate a Proof of Concept for a vulnerability CVE-2018-12113. The vulnerable FTP client is installed on a Windows 10 VM. When the Python script is executed and the FTP client is used to connect to the server, the client crashes, which I think is supposed...
  6. BEX Error when DEP is on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Dead Space BEX Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead Space BEX Error: Hi !I get this error since awhile back.The game has worked before but suddenly I got this error messages, any ideas?Best RegardsSonnyDead Space.exe Description Faulting Application Path: D:\Games\GOG Galaxy\Games\Dead Space\Dead Space\Dead Space.exe Creation Time: 7/10/2021...
  8. Games crashing windows 10 BEX, BEX64, APPCRASH problem event name

Games crashing windows 10 BEX, BEX64, APPCRASH problem event name: When I try to play any game on my Dell G3 3579 it will crash after a seemingly random period of time, usually within 10-20 minutes but sometimes up to 2 hours when it does crash it doesn't give any indication or prompt after, it will also much less frequently go to a blue...
  9. BEX event

BEX event: I wasn't sure where to go with this so here goes. I've used Cyberlink Media Suite for years. Until recently, I never had a problem. But since the latest cu, when I open PowerProducer6, it starts to open, freezes then it disappears. Obviously something is shutting it down. I...
  10. After Windows 10 1903 installed I get Windows errors with event-name "BEX"

After Windows 10 1903 installed I get Windows errors with event-name "BEX": I have been running since a year, a program with no problem, but after installing Windows 10 1903, the program can not start any longer and gives anApplication error event-ID1000 followed by a Windows error event-ID1001. Windows: Error-bucket 1712821432180016004, type 5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel problem event BEX

2. Event Name: BEX in windows 10

3. event name bex windows 10