Windows 10: BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes

Discus and support BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been experiencing intermittent crashes on various programs for a while, sometimes even BSOD events. In the reliability viewer I'm seeing BEX64 as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lukas Herrmann1, May 24, 2024.

1. BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes

I've been experiencing intermittent crashes on various programs for a while, sometimes even BSOD events. In the reliability viewer I'm seeing BEX64 as the problem event name and bcryptprimitives.dll as the faulting module. I've included a link to the minidumps I've been collecting over time. I have tried a fresh install of windows and while the BSOD events have been less frequent, they still happen. I've tried various GPU drivers and even rolled back to the one the computer came installed with. I feel like I'm starting to reach the end of my researching capabilities so I'm hoping someone else

:)

Lukas Herrmann1, May 24, 2024
  2. dalchina Win User

intermittent BEX64 explorer.exe crash

For reference- apologies you probably already know this:
    What are BEX errors in Windows? - Quora

It's almost inevitably associated with a 3rd party program hooked into file explorer.
    Consider anything that modifies file explorer in any way (e.g. adds buttons, quick access to favourites, changes appearance of the GUI...) and any context menu entry.

You can start by disabling all non-MS context entries, starting with Shellexview (free), and then seeing if the same occurs.

You may find further such entries using the more technical Autoruns (free from MS) where the listing is divided into clear sections to help you find those.

Do not disable MS entries- these programs help you to hide those.

Related:

BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes 237727d1560923244t-intermittent-bex64-explorer-exe-crash-snap-2019-06-19-06.47.17.png

- it would be wiser not to use the exception option.

dalchina, May 24, 2024
  3. BEX64 error in Roblox

The error report you provided indicates that Roblox crashed with a BEX64 error. BEX64 is a type of error code related to the Windows operating system, specifically indicating an issue with the application's execution.

Based on the information in the report, here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

Update Roblox: Make sure you are using the latest version of Roblox. Check for updates in the Roblox client and ensure you have the most recent version installed. Updating the game may fix any known issues or bugs.

Check system requirements: Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for running Roblox. Ensure that your operating system, graphics card drivers, and other software are up to date.

Disable unnecessary background programs: Some background programs or processes may interfere with Roblox. Temporarily disable any antivirus, firewall, or other security software, as well as any unnecessary applications running in the background, and then try running Roblox again.

Clear Roblox cache: Roblox stores temporary data and cache files on your computer. Clearing this cache may help resolve any corrupted or conflicting files. You can do this by following these steps:

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.

Type "%localappdata%\Roblox\logs" (without quotes) and press Enter.

Delete all the files in the opened folder.

Reinstall Roblox: If the issue persists, consider uninstalling Roblox and performing a clean reinstall. To do this, follow these steps:

Uninstall Roblox from your computer through the Control Panel or by using the uninstaller included with the game.

Restart your computer.

Download the latest version of Roblox from the official website and reinstall it.

Contact Roblox support: If none of the above solutions work, it may be beneficial to reach out to Roblox support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps or investigate the issue further.

Keep in mind that the provided error report does not provide extensive details about the cause of the crash, so these suggestions are general troubleshooting steps. It's always recommended to reach out to the game's official support channels for more targeted assistance.

Asyourwish, May 24, 2024
  4. BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes

DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, May 24, 2024
Thema:

BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes

1. BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes - Similar Threads - BEX64 bcryptprimitives dll

2. BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEX64 and bcryptprimitives.dll crashes: I've been experiencing intermittent crashes on various programs for a while, sometimes even BSOD events. In the reliability viewer I'm seeing BEX64 as the problem event name and bcryptprimitives.dll as the faulting module. I've included a link to the minidumps I've been...
  3. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll: I'm having recurring issues which cause explorer.exe to crash. Problem details are:So far I have tried the following:- Booted into safe mode, confirmed fine issue persists in safe mode with networking- Updated graphics driver as well as others seemed to fix the issue briefly,...
  4. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll: I'm having recurring issues which cause explorer.exe to crash. Problem details are:So far I have tried the following:- Booted into safe mode, confirmed fine issue persists in safe mode with networking- Updated graphics driver as well as others seemed to fix the issue briefly,...
  5. Explorer crash loop BEX64 in ucrtbase.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows Explorer crashes BEX64 StackHash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer crashes BEX64 StackHash: Hello everyone, for over a year now my Windows Explorer crashes occasionally, but several times a week and has to restart. During this time I always get a short grey screen. Since then I have searched countless forums and FAQs for solutions, but none of them have helped yet....
  7. Windows Explorer crashes BEX64 StackHash

Windows Explorer crashes BEX64 StackHash: Hello everyone, for over a year now my Windows Explorer crashes occasionally, but several times a week and has to restart. During this time I always get a short grey screen. Since then I have searched countless forums and FAQs for solutions, but none of them have helped yet....
  8. BEX64 Error, crashing app or computer!

BEX64 Error, crashing app or computer!: I can't work out how to fix this. I am constantly getting crashes with a 3D art app that I need to work for my business. The latest error is.. Description Faulting Application Path: D:\My DAZ 3D Library\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe Problem...
  9. intermittent BEX64 explorer.exe crash

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent BEX64 explorer.exe crash: Hello folk, Would very much like some thoughts on the following. Hopefully anyone has clues or tips. On a fully updated and legally activated system with careful installation of 3rd party software there is an intermittent crash of explorer.exe in both Windows 10 Pro as in...
  10. BEX64 Crash on Sekiro (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEX64 Crash on Sekiro (Windows 10): I've been facing this problem with Sekiro on Windows 10 recently. The game randomly crashes out of nowhere. Here's some info from reliability monitor. Any input on how to fix this would be much appreciated: Source Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice Summary Stopped working...