Windows 10: BFME 2 (and ROTWK) crash on startup Options.ini is not the problem

Discus and support BFME 2 (and ROTWK) crash on startup Options.ini is not the problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, everyone! Let me start out with explaining the problem. This does not apply to Battle for middle earth 1 as it works fine on the Laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdreNa1ine, Aug 27, 2015.

1. BFME 2 (and ROTWK) crash on startup Options.ini is not the problem

Hello, everyone! Let me start out with explaining the problem.

This does not apply to Battle for middle earth 1 as it works fine on the Laptop.

When I launch Battle for Middle-earth 2 the program launches the fullscreen window, it is black for about 2 seconds then crashes and displays the error Battle for Middle-Earth 2 has stopped working the program will now close. With BFME 2 Rise of the witch king it's another story, I am able to launch the game no problem everything works fine but when I click on ANY tab it crashes and displays the same message.

Things I know and have tried:

1: I have both games installed on a different PC and everything is fine
    2: I have the options.ini file, it crashes otherwise
    3: I have reinstalled both games a few times to see if that would be the problem
    4: The discs are clean
    5: Running in adminstrator mode
    6: I am aware both these games are compatible with windows 10
    7: The game has previously worked on windows 8

The specs I think are essential:

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 840M
    CPU: i5 4210H @2.90 GHZ

or just an MSI 2PE leopard Gaming notebook

You are welcome to ask me for more specs or for me to describe the problem more below.

:)

AdreNa1ine, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Sadeq_88 Win User
    Sadeq_88, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10, old game doesn't work please help!(Battle for Middle Earth 2 Rise of the Witch King)

Hey! How do I make my BFME 2 ROTWK(Battle for middle earth 2 Rise of the witch king) work on Windows 10??

I have tried Run as Admin, and change Compabilty settings to all but it doesn't work still at all, it only come up the small screen at start but not to the meny or fullscreen or anything so you can play the game...

It worked on windows 7 5 years ago but not on Windows 10 :/

Please help!

//Thanks!

VictorFranzen, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

BFME 2 (and ROTWK) crash on startup Options.ini is not the problem

1. BFME 2 (and ROTWK) crash on startup Options.ini is not the problem - Similar Threads - BFME ROTWK crash

2. Logitech Options+ crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech Options+ crashing on startup: inputgingpugLogitech options+ is not working. Crashing on startup every time. I am not able to uninstall it.....Therefore I am not able fix the problem by reinstalling the program.... Please advice. Logitech customer support is horrible. Thx...
  3. Logitech Options+ crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Options+ crashing on startup: inputgingpugLogitech options+ is not working. Crashing on startup every time. I am not able to uninstall it.....Therefore I am not able fix the problem by reinstalling the program.... Please advice. Logitech customer support is horrible. Thx...
  4. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2: I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem to operate in that mode either. How do I select an option?? Thx...
  5. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2: I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem to operate in that mode either. How do I select an option?? Thx...
  6. RAGE 2 crashing on startup, freezing or is not loading on PC

in Windows 10 News
    RAGE 2 crashing on startup, freezing or is not loading on PC: [ATTACH]The second iteration of Rage, Rage 2, has been in the limelight for quite some time. However, in recent times, gamers complained that it keeps either refuses to open or is sluggish on their systems. Because of this, gamers are unable to enjoy this game to its fullest....
  7. Startup option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup option: I CAN NOT ACCESS TROUBLE SHOOT OPTION I get to sartup option by using one of the three methods and i press trouble shoot and then it doesn't Show the "Reset your pc" and "Advanced option" so i can't access cmd and other essential programs please help me...
  8. State of Decay 2 Crashes on startup

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    State of Decay 2 Crashes on startup: Hello! Recently I've purchased State of Decay 2 for PC on the Microsoft Store. When I start the app, it shows the logo for maybe 2 or 3 seconds, then it crashes. I have submitted a ticket to the devs of that game, that was of no help, I have scoured the internet for literal...
  9. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  10. Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 & ROTWK not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 & ROTWK not working: I own original copies of Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth 2 and it's expansion Rise of the Witch King. I've installed both from their discs, however, when I go to play the game after inserting the disc, I click play and the game says I need to insert the disc into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. options.ini rotwk

2. rotwk start up issues

3. battle for middle earth two options.ini

4. rise of the witch king not loading windows 10,
  5. battle for middle earth 2 crashing on startup options.ini,
  6. bfme2 options.ini,
  7. rotwk options.ini file,
  8. options.ini bfme2 rotwk,
  9. rise of the witch king options.ini