Windows 10: Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor

Discus and support Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I just got a new Dell Monitor a few months ago. And started using it right away, unplugging my old monitor. Until I decided to use both of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aaronancheta, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor

Hey guys, so I just got a new Dell Monitor a few months ago. And started using it right away, unplugging my old monitor. Until I decided to use both of them for multitasking purposes. But I notice that my background image started changing to solid blue when I plug in the second monitor.

It isn't permanently SET TO SOLID BLUE. It's just, when I refresh it, it changes to solid blue. And then refreshing it later on, it changes back to my wallpaper, and then refreshing it later on again, back to solid blue, on and on as long as I have two monitors plugged. Is it because the monitors don't have the same size and resolution? First monitor is 1600:900, 2nd is 1366:768.

I tried several ways to fix it:

1. Checked if Windows 10 has expired (Activation).
    2. Updated my GPU drivers.
    3. Setting screen resolutions to recommended.

Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor [​IMG]

Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor [​IMG]

:)

aaronancheta, Aug 8, 2020
  2. tollbooth Win User

My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works

The problem has returned--sort of. Here is the sequence of steps I followed:

1. No display on my second monitor, despite the fact that the HDMI cable was connecting my computer to the monitor.

2. Tried changing the *Start-P settings repeatedly. Nothing. When I set the connection to "extend," my computer clearly thinks that there is a second monitor (all the Windows icons go there--as I have it set to my #1 display), but it is completely dark.

3. Tried multiple restarts. Nothing.

4. Tried connecting it to my older laptop as described above. Worked perfectly.

5. Plugged it back into my current laptop. Works just fine now.

So clearly it's some sort of software or setting issue. Can anyone tell me how to fix this if it comes up again without having to resort to using my old laptop, in case I don't have it around?

tollbooth, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Changing desktop background when a second monitor is connected/disconnected

Is there a way I can get the computer to automatically change the desktop background when i connect/disconnect the second monitor. As i usually use a dual monitor background but when I disconnect the second monitor the background tries to fit onto the
    the first monitor. I'm just hoping there's a way I can get it to automatically change.

ProxiiBytE, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor

1. Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor - Similar Threads - image changes blue

2. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display, running Windows 11.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I...
  3. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I switch to "Extend...
  4. Connecting second monitor to my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting second monitor to my desktop: I'm having trouble connecting a second monitor too my desktop I only have 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA port and I tried using a VGA and HDMI adapter but I only got a black screen on my second monitor. I could see that it at least recognized something was going on but it was very...
  5. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  6. Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bg image changes to blue when connecting my second monitor: Hey guys, so I just got a new Dell Monitor a few months ago. And started using it right away, unplugging my old monitor. Until I decided to use both of them for multitasking purposes. But I notice that my background image started changing to solid blue when I plug in the...
  7. Ghost or residual image on my second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost or residual image on my second monitor: Hi, I have the exact same issue has posted here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-second-ghost-desktop-in-windows-10-i-do/f3e80c3b-9f74-4278-84e5-fe64e2ecb7bd Aside from a restart, would there be a way to permanently fix this issue so it...
  8. Second monitor has no image on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor has no image on: I connected my second monitor using HDMI cable but it doesn’t work. It seems it gets a signal and is detected but there is no image on it. My main monitor is using the internal Intel gpu but this second monitor is using the dedicated Nvidia gpu...
  9. Second Monitor Not Displaying Image

Second Monitor Not Displaying Image: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  10. Connect second monitor

Connect second monitor: Dear Admin, I can't connect my second monitor on windows 10. could you please help me? thank you Best Regards, Giovanni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connect-second-monitor/0991fb4a-7a2c-496b-ac11-7b06a587f170