Windows 10: BID is failing to detect webm files because IE is capturing them

Discus and support BID is failing to detect webm files because IE is capturing them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; BID = Bulk Image Downloader Hi guys, For starters, I'm pretty sure this is not an app related problem but Windows', I don't have any evidence to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HASJ, Jan 28, 2016.

1. HASJ Win User

BID is failing to detect webm files because IE is capturing them

BID = Bulk Image Downloader

Hi guys,

For starters, I'm pretty sure this is not an app related problem but Windows', I don't have any evidence to back those claims besides experience. It is not a server side issue either, using IE/Firefox/Chrome/Edge displays the webm normally.
    This is what happens:

Whenever I try to download a page with BID, it works fine unless it has webm files in it. It'll just skip them. When I paste the webm's direct link into BID it gives me this:

BID is failing to detect webm files because IE is capturing them [​IMG]

(default IE Save Prompt in PT-BR -- abrir = open, salvar = save)

For the page's title, BID gives me "Navigation Cancelled"
    , like IE wasn't able to fulfill it.

I can open, save and view it normally, if I click on the buttons. Not exactly what I want if I'm running an automated download manager.

It was working in the beginning of the month and I don't remember doing anything that would mess this up. I've uninstalled it, cleaned the registry, restored the system, defaulted IE's options... I'm currently looking into the "Navigation Cancelled" thing but no fix has worked, so far.
    Honestly have no idea what could be happening other than it's something related to IE.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Microsoft Edge always says "This type of video file isn't supported" when opening .webm files from Autodesk Inventor

If it is a "video file" it's possible a browser would not be the best choice of app anyway. Try the Store?...

Apparently there is an IE Add-on you could try too

WebM Files -   How to Play WebM Files

(BING search for

webm file format

)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge always says "This type of video file isn't supported" when opening .webm files from Autodesk Inventor

If it is a "video file" it's possible a browser would not be the best choice of app anyway. Try the Store?...

Apparently there is an IE Add-on you could try too

WebM Files -   How to Play WebM Files

(BING search for

webm file format

)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

BID is failing to detect webm files because IE is capturing them

1. BID is failing to detect webm files because IE is capturing them - Similar Threads - BID failing detect

2. Error 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6: I had encounter Error 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6when using camera app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xa00f424f-video-capture-file-creation/f6b3feb2-ddc3-4adb-996a-8f873f7d454d
  3. Error 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6: I had encounter Error 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6when using camera app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xa00f424f-video-capture-file-creation/f6b3feb2-ddc3-4adb-996a-8f873f7d454d
  4. Error 0xA00F424F video capture file creation failed 0x800703E6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. VLC not showing WEBM Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC not showing WEBM Thumbnails: WEBM thumbnails are not showing up with VLC. This happens with other videoplayers but VLC used to show thumbnails for WEBM and now it doesn't. I have tried googlefu to find a problem but nothing seems to work. Anyone else know the issue? submitted by /u/PillarOfWamuu...
  6. Auto Detect Settings in IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Detect Settings in IE: I've been looking everywhere for a solution, maybe someone here can help. Anyway, by default not sure why Microsoft automatically checks "Automatically detect settings" in the LAN settings in "Connection" in Internet Explorer. I need this not to happen in my organization...
  7. IE Proxy Credentials, Where to change them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE Proxy Credentials, Where to change them?: Hi, I am having problems changing the system proxy username and password. I setup the proxy server in settings\proxy and launched internet explorer, I was prompted initially with an authentication prompt and entered my login details. All was fine until my proxy was down...
  8. Webm file to mp4 converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webm file to mp4 converter: When i download videos from Youtube most them are downloaded as Webm / HTML file which my default media player don't play. I have tried various online converters but some don't convert Webm file correctly...some of Mozilla Firefox add-ons don't convert them properly...
  9. "play" Gifs and Webms in Files Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "play" Gifs and Webms in Files Explorer: Back then and when, in WinXp, i could playback animated gifs and videos on the file explorer as a preview. In windows 7 the feature was missing but there were 3rd party apps that could at least bring the gif aspect back. I haven't found a suitable solution to this on win...
  10. Bidding farewell to Google Code

in Windows 10 News
    Bidding farewell to Google Code: When we started the Google Code project hosting service in 2006, the world of project hosting was limited. We were worried about reliability and stagnation, so we took action by giving the open source community another option to choose from. Since then, we’ve seen a wide...