Windows 10: Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key

Discus and support Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have just resetted my laptop and was listening to music. Suddenly this massive black box covers the screen when I pressed sound function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FirstLast32, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key

Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key 0f43fa4a-1f5f-4f34-9643-669737ba1247?upload=true.png

I have just resetted my laptop and was listening to music. Suddenly this massive black box covers the screen when I pressed sound function key to adjust sound. Imagine I was playing games. It is so frustrating, there's no solution or even related information on web. How do I remove the big black box?

:)

FirstLast32, Jun 9, 2019

2. Sound coming from both speaker and headphone

Hi Abhigyan,

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let's first run Audio Troubleshooter and check.

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• Click hardware and sound and click on ‘Playing Audio’.
    Method 2: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to make sure the default audio device is set correctly.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      control panel.

• Type Sound in the search box and click on
      Sound.

• Click on Playback tab.

• Right-click on Microphone and select
      Set as default device.

• Click on Apply and then Ok.
    Method 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Jun 9, 2019
  3. No effect upon pressing <fn> and a function key

I have an ASUS laptop, K52JC, it used to perform certain function when combination of <fn> key and a function key are pressed simultaneously. For example -

• Pressing <fn> and <F10> simultaneously will mute the sound
    • Pressing <fn> and <F11> simultaneously will decrease the volume
    • Pressing <fn> and <F12> simultaneously will increase the volume, and so forth

I have its Windows 10 re-installed recently. Everything works fine after the installation, except when combination of <fn> key and a function key are pressed simultaneously, no effect seems to be generated, as the computer does not respond accordingly.

Please advise how to resolve the above problem.

Patrick_Yeung, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key

1. Big Black Box comes out of nowhere when press sound function key - Similar Threads - Big Black Box

2. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  3. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  4. Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.: Hi, not really been able to find a solution online to a problem i have.I plugged in a new keyboard yesterday mechanical with led patternsafter setting up the light pattern i wanted, i noticed that when moving around desktop i would occasionally get the windows notification...
  5. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  6. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  7. cursor is a big black box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor is a big black box: I had a number of apps and the logon screen where the cursor is a big black box. Windows File explorer window: [ATTACH] using these links corrected this issue clear and straight to the point -...
  8. Z comes up when I press a key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Z comes up when I press a key.: Is there anything I can do about this? I’ve deleted keyboard from Device Manager but it didn’t seem to do anything. submitted by /u/TMGMario [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp75mx/z_comes_up_when_i_press_a_key/
  9. No sound out of nowhere

No sound out of nowhere: I have a Dell XPS 8930, Windows Ver. 1903 (OS build 18362.720) and all off a sudden there's no audio. The speakers work fine, so it's in the PC. I'm baffled. [img] 153212
  10. Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two.

Surface typecover: press one key but it comes out as two.: Recently I find that my Enter key behaviors abnormally. I used a keyboard testing software and found out that when I pressed the Enter key, both Enter and Esc key were detected, and when I pressed the Esc key, both were detected too. Also, F4 and F5 are "linked" in the same...