Windows 10: Big Box Store sold me Windows 10 Home retail version in the wrong language. Now will not...

Discus and support Big Box Store sold me Windows 10 Home retail version in the wrong language. Now will not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I hope someone can help me. I recently bought Windows 10 Home edition. It is the (Retail Version) for $120.00+tax. When I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by timkotap, Feb 17, 2019.

1. timkotap Win User

Big Box Store sold me Windows 10 Home retail version in the wrong language. Now will not...

Hello Everyone.

I hope someone can help me. I recently bought Windows 10 Home edition. It is the (Retail Version) for $120.00+tax. When I decided to install it, I opened the box and discovered everything written in the Spanish language. I knew then the store gave me the wrong language. I went back to the store but they told me the package was opened and plus the time has passed for refunds or exchanges. So i had to leave with software I paid for but can not use. A person I know said I might be able to download the retail version in the correct language and use my 25 digit activation key for the retail version from the Microsoft Windows Website. Is this true? Someone please say (YES you can do that and you will have everything that the full retail version has.)

This person also tells me that "Make sure you download the Windows Media Creation Tool (RETAIL VERSION)." He said when one buys and pays for the full retail version on the Microsoft website you are given a link to the Windows Media Creation Tool. The Retail Version. He said if one is downloading a Windows OEM version or Upgrade, Microsoft uses a different Windows Media Creation Tool for the OEM version or Upgrade. Is this true or is that Old School?

I wish to Thank Everyone in advance for all your expert help.

Respectfully__Tim

:)

timkotap, Feb 17, 2019
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Windows 10 Retail Box-art Revealed

You can add the English language pack later and then switch.

My version of win7 is OEM so it only has Portuguese language. To put English language, that's what i had to do. In retail versions, i think it comes with other languages so you should be able to install in the language of your choice, but i'm not 100% sure on this.

I'm assuming it works the same for win 10, ofc.

3. Windows 10 Retail Box-art Revealed

Windows 8.1 pro will download whatever language pack you select & will install it after it is marked active so I am sure windows 10 will let you do the same.

broken pixel, Feb 17, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Big Box Store sold me Windows 10 Home retail version in the wrong language. Now will not...

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Big Box Store sold me Windows 10 Home retail version in the wrong language. Now will not... - Similar Threads - Big Box Store

2. Is the license sold in the following link OEM or retail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the license sold in the following link OEM or retail?: I intend on replacing my rig at least every two years. Will I be able to transfer this license indefinitely? When the next Windows comes out, will I be entitled to an upgrade with this license?Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/windows-11-home/dg7gmgf0krt0/000P?rtc=1...
  3. If a retailer has sold me a pc with mak key, is that allowed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If a retailer has sold me a pc with mak key, is that allowed?: If a retailer sells pc work mak activated windows to an individual, is that legal or allowed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-a-retailer-has-sold-me-a-pc-with-mak-key-is/e5341edc-2988-4217-86d5-60bf7e8ff0b4
  4. If a retailer has sold me a pc with mak key, is that allowed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If a retailer has sold me a pc with mak key, is that allowed?: If a retailer sells pc work mak activated windows to an individual, is that legal or allowed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-a-retailer-has-sold-me-a-pc-with-mak-key-is/e5341edc-2988-4217-86d5-60bf7e8ff0b4
  5. If a retailer has sold me a pc with mak key, is that allowed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 10 Home Chinese Version to Windows 10 Home International Version (language from...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Chinese Version to Windows 10 Home International Version (language from...: Hello everyone, I recently bought Huawei's Matebook E in China. It has installed the Chinese version of Windows 10 Home and the only language displayed is Chinese. I would like to change it for English at least or French. Can someone help ? Thanks in advance,...
  7. Windows 10 Retail Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Version: Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to another laptop with the same product key?...
  8. Windows 10 pro retail box version number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro retail box version number: How do you determine what version of Windows 10 Pro comes in a retail box. The last update crashed my computer with hardware incompatibilities. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro that was installed from retail purchase. However, during a move the Windows 7 Pro got lost. I...
  9. windows 10 home premium retail version key required?

windows 10 home premium retail version key required?: I downloaded and burnt the win 10 installation iso file to dvd, if I want to make it like my win 8.1 retail disc do I need to purchase a retail key, for the windows 10? If so how do I go about it? Thanks! *Smile 11233
  10. windows 10 retail version

windows 10 retail version: hi, please can some one help me i have a retail copy of windows 10 that i purchased at a pc store its still unopened . the question i have is its been on my shelf about a year, will i still be able to use it at some point? thank you, *Smile 94340