Windows 10: Big changes for Windows: Monetize differently says MS exec

Discus and support Big changes for Windows: Monetize differently says MS exec in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As long as you need windows there will be buyers sub or no sub, however when people realise that you can do everything you want with some other OS like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 8, 2014.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Big changes for Windows: Monetize differently says MS exec

OSX.. that would usually mean buying a Apple product and that's another cost issue for some of us. And wile I like Linux it's just not the OS for me.

BunnyJ, Dec 9, 2014

2. YES!! If we all have a choice then that's all that really matters and if the fee that MS charges in nominal then I can live with that!

Jeff *Smile Yes, but that's a transitional step, me thinks! *Smile. I'm sure the idea is to migrate office all over the online delivered subscription mode. Heck, back in 1999 and 2000, Microsoft was originally going to use the .NET moniker, not to denote an application framework, but to promote a line of online/centralized applications, such as office.

Hey, I'm not a fan of subscription either, so that's why I'll stick with Vista for now, and then go to 8.1 in 2017. I think a lot of the new vocal fans of Windows 10 TP posting on here will slowly change their minds about how great 10 is, and go back to a previous Windows version.

Jody Thornton, Dec 9, 2014
  3. groze Win User
    How would that work with OEM computers? I can't see retailers stocking two computer models, one subscription and one non-subscription. However, I do see chromebook may make a comeback if this happens. More people are using Google Chrome broswer despite the privacy issues.

groze, Dec 9, 2014
  4. dencal Win User

dencal, Dec 9, 2014
  5. groze Win User
    I hope it doesn't come to this though.

groze, Dec 9, 2014
  6. Microsoft does not want you buying their software and running on it for 10 years. I still have XP and 2003 office that are doing just fine for what they do.

They want to make sure a month doesn't go by that they don't see your wallet. Lets see if they offer any option to just pay for things once and be done with it. I bet there is no option at all for that.

phillipduran, Dec 10, 2014
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    Trust_No1, Dec 10, 2014
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

Please. . .give me a break most of the brick stores have given up selling these POS. No one wants them . . .*Roflmao2

9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Fortunately Ms has come to the subscription party a bit late - these days you can run quite safely old OS'es for YEARS as a VM - and as the VM software and support gets better and better and on modern hardware one will find even quite "ordinary" (not particularly computer literate or geeky) people won't find it strange to start using VM's.

So as far as the subs approach is concerned -- "You pays your money and takes your Choice". - I've still got a machine running Windows 98 as a VM !! works fine -- and I use an XP VM daily. People who are happy with subs --go for it --for others just run your existing or previous (non subscription OS / software) in a VM for as long as you want.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 10, 2014
  10. It definitely seems I will be a less-than-minority here, but as soon as Windows offer subscription, I will go for it - I just wonder if there will be something like Office 365 Home version, although I doubt itBig changes for Windows: Monetize differently says MS exec :). On the other hand, a one-time-paid version just like for Office would fit much more people, I guess...

Olivir2014, Dec 10, 2014
  11. Trust_No1 Win User
    Please. . .give me a break most of the brick stores have given up selling these POS. No one wants them . . . I don't know anyone who has gotten a new Windows 8/8.1 machine, or Surface. I do know a lot of the others though that went other routes.

Just reporting what is being said...

Trust_No1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Big changes for Windows: Monetize differently says MS exec - Similar Threads - Big changes Monetize

2. Different MS account for Windows and Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different MS account for Windows and Office?: Can you have windows login using one microsoft account, and office 365 installation activated with a different microsoft account? 182157
  3. very big ping 100k ms

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    very big ping 100k ms: Hello, I have had a huge ping for a month in roblox. Sometimes there were around 300-400 pings and sometimes 100,000. I wrote to the support but they couldn't do anything there. They helped me for 2 weeks but nothing happened. this only happens in this game, I thought to ask...
  4. Same folder, big difference in size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same folder, big difference in size: [IMG] Hi, I have a question about this. I have a COMPUTER folder and the original is storaged in a Hard External Disk left and I tried to copied to another folder where is located in the Desktop of a Laptop right. It passed aprox. 3 hours and 30 minuted to complete the...
  5. How to install PS Exec on a Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install PS Exec on a Windows 10 PC?: I watched some Youtube videos on how to "install" PS Exec. They are mostly Windows 7 tutorials. Seems like Windows 10 is a bit different. I tried to add it to Environmental Variables>System Variables>Path Edit>New>%SystemRoot%\System32\PSTools but it's not working. I have...
  6. Windows 10 reactivation after big hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reactivation after big hardware change: In mid December my laptop broke and I had to send it back to get it repaired (it already had a activated windows licence), they changed the motherboard, I got it back yesterday and installed windows 10 back on but it is not activated and when i put the key they gave us (when...
  7. Reactivate windows 10 after a big hardware change

Reactivate windows 10 after a big hardware change: I recently upgraded my PC and I changed everything. Literally, everything (except the GPU, can't afford yet) My previous installation was: CPU: i3-4160 Mobo: Asus H81M-D Installation: Kingston A400 SSD My new system is: CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x Mobo: MSI B450M Mortar...
  8. Native Ads on the Microsoft Ad Monetization Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Native Ads on the Microsoft Ad Monetization Platform: We at Microsoft are committed to helping developers maximize their monetization through ads. The Microsoft ad mediation service along with the Microsoft Advertising SDK are the two key components of  Microsoft’s new ad monetization platform that dynamically optimizes ad...
  9. Big Surprise: Teamspeak Privacy Changes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big Surprise: Teamspeak Privacy Changes...: Hi everyone, I just opened the Teamspeak app and I was asked whether or not I accepted Teamspeak's new "privacy policy". Does anyone know what this will mean for users? What kind of privacy or personal information are Teamspeak users giving up? This is the link...
  10. One BIG issue testing Windows 10 - Use of MS software.

One BIG issue testing Windows 10 - Use of MS software.: Not sure if this has been covered before, sorry if it has, however hear goes. I am running Window 10 on a Spare rig that I built up, Basically an E6500 running at circa 3GHz with 4gb memory. So, basically I am only using Windows 10 as an occasional play thing, nothing...