Windows 10: Big loss of perfomance after new Windows Update

Discus and support Big loss of perfomance after new Windows Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my pc started updating today to the latest updates, right away when I turned it on the boot time was a lot slower, so I waited for the updates to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dxgamept, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Big loss of perfomance after new Windows Update

So my pc started updating today to the latest updates, right away when I turned it on the boot time was a lot slower, so I waited for the updates to finish , I restarted like 3 times and the boot time was still like 10 seconds longer than it was yesterday. The pc was also slow at everything , I tried to play a league of legends game and I had 15 fps insted of my usual 250 fps , tried to watch a youtube video can't even watch at 720p or the video just stutters.

This is a gigantic loss of perfomance , so I uninstaled the updates and guess what the perfomance remained the same, the only thing that changed from yesterday night to today morning was this stupid update. I have all my drivers updated , checked for virus found nothing and nothing abnormal shows in Task Manager. I'm at loss here don't know what to do other than do a clean install of windows.

You can check my benchmarks here with both gpu's:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32775978

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32776151

submitted by /u/dxgamept
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dxgamept, Sep 9, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Big loss of perfomance after new Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 9, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 9, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Big loss of perfomance after new Windows Update

Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Big loss of perfomance after new Windows Update

1. Big loss of perfomance after new Windows Update - Similar Threads - Big loss perfomance

2. Big Gaming Perfomance Issues After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Gaming Perfomance Issues After Update: before the updates my Laptop was able to run all of my games without any problems. Valorant with 250 fps and Cod with like 100. And then after i updated my pc first of all every third Party program like battl.net, steam or adobe wasnt accessible anymore. After a long time on...
  3. Big Gaming Perfomance Issues After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big Gaming Perfomance Issues After Update: before the updates my Laptop was able to run all of my games without any problems. Valorant with 250 fps and Cod with like 100. And then after i updated my pc first of all every third Party program like battl.net, steam or adobe wasnt accessible anymore. After a long time on...
  4. windows 11 computer perfomence

windows 11 computer perfomence: IHve a acer aspie e15 laptop , amd a10 processor , 4gb ram quad core,1000gb hdd.So My Issue is my windows 11 is countinously hanging and laggy. i dont know what to do. windows 10 i have not experinced these issues. a lot have changed after the new update for eg: Previously mt...
  5. Loss of bluetooth connection after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of bluetooth connection after Windows update: Bluetooth works fine until yesterday. BT toggle switch is now missing. I went to Update & Security, then Additional Trouble Shooter. Troubleshoot and find other issues, chose Bluetooth, reported "B / T radio status found" not fixed ". Tips are welcome...
  6. Loss of bluetooth connection after Windows update

Loss of bluetooth connection after Windows update: Bluetooth works fine until yesterday. BT toggle switch is now missing. I went to Update & Security, then Additional Trouble Shooter. Troubleshoot and find other issues, chose Bluetooth, reported "B / T radio status found" not fixed ". Tips are welcome...
  7. Loss of everything after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of everything after update: I have just proceeded with an advertised update to my laptop and have eventually been presented with a pop up window that says I’m “signed in with a temporary profile; you can’t access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this...
  8. How big is the new windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How big is the new windows 10 update?: I am on a limited data plan. I just need to know how big the file is so I knw how much data I am going to spend on this. An estimate is good enough. Thank you....
  9. loss of sound after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    loss of sound after Windows 10 update: I have updated my Windows 10 and now my Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming will not play any sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-sound-after-windows-10-update/4c8f4bce-3058-4c7c-b619-7ef0be798b5c
  10. New Sticky Notes after big Aug auto update

New Sticky Notes after big Aug auto update: The major update has replaced the older version of Sticky Notes with a new one that incorporates interacting with Cortana (which I could care less about). However the size of each note is huge (about 4" x 4" on my monitor) and won't reduce any smaller. Does anyone know if...