Windows 10: Big Non-Paged Pool caused by fltmgr.sys

Discus and support Big Non-Paged Pool caused by fltmgr.sys in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey there, about a hour ago I discovered that my non-paged pool is at 2gb, trough Poolmon I found out that fltmgr.sys is causing this but I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Venomazz, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Venomazz Win User

Big Non-Paged Pool caused by fltmgr.sys

Hey there,

about a hour ago I discovered that my non-paged pool is at 2gb, trough Poolmon I found out that fltmgr.sys is causing this but I don't really know how to solve this problem, couldn't find any solution on Google.

:)

Venomazz, Feb 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 - 99% RAM usage and inability to shut down

Disabling ndu sorted it for me (see above).

In my case, I believe the problem resulted from downloads which caused the non-paged pool to continue increasing and never reduce even when a restart was initiated. Somehow the RAM was not being flushed correctly (probably due to a program/driver). Only
    completely shutting down Windows reset the non-paged pool but it quickly built up again until I disabled ndu.

Since disabling ndu, my non-paged pool is usually less than 300Mb and I have had no problems with anything else.

Give it a go, disabling the ndu takes less than a minute and you can always change the setting back again if it does not work for you. You might even find that the start process speeds up slightly, maybe due to the low usage figure in the non-paged pool.

SidneySnell, Feb 12, 2017
  3. volkeru Win User
    use of Hybrid HDD and SSD express cache in windows 10

Then the Non-paged pool is at 1.2 GB again. Big Non-Paged Pool caused by fltmgr.sys ;)

Edit: But there is one thing that's very interesting: If I send the system to "Sleep"-State and wake it up again, the Non-paged pool immediately is at 223 MB. Maybe this was the reason for the pool change after 12 hours. My notebook goes to sleep after 30
    minutes of inactivity.

volkeru, Feb 12, 2017
  4. batlhilz Win User

batlhilz, Feb 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Big Non-Paged Pool caused by fltmgr.sys - Similar Threads - Big Non Paged

2. Big non-paged pool memory leak at startup used by etwB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Big non-paged pool memory leak at startup used by etwB: Hi everyone,Title says it all. I launch my laptop Windows 10 and see 1.0Gb of non-paged pool memory, and after running poolmon I see 880Mb attributed to etwB Windows tracing tool buffer as I understand.I have tried a lot of things, ran scannow, Memory Diagnostic tool,...
  3. Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1909 from v1809 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle and my paged/non-paged pool is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for...
  4. Paged pool and non paged pool

Paged pool and non paged pool: So i have just noticed when i went into my task manager that there were these things called paged and non paged pool and i started to research on it. After researching i found that i have abnormal amounts of paged and non paged memory [ATTACH]refer to the imagine below What...
  5. Non paged pool memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non paged pool memory leak: Hi all, I am having a non paged pool memory leak. As far as i'm aware all drivers are up to date. https://imgur.com/Vo3QeUe https://imgur.com/a/IdzFZE5 Would really appreciate any support to getting this resolved, a reboot temporarily fixes it, but after a few hours it...
  6. Fltmgr. Sys problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fltmgr. Sys problem: Hlo sir. When i want to start my pc then a blue screen is appear and two options displayed . 1. restart. 2. Advance options But my both input device stop working when they come to this stage. And i don't able to select any options .. Please help me.. Please....
  7. Non-paged pool affect

Non-paged pool affect: after all my RAM utilise 2.8 to 3.2gb for the overall process and my non-paged pool remain 288to 320 but when i play pubg emulator it rises and rises and touch 4.4gb of memory. And my pc get stuck. Hangs like anything till i close the game and restart the pc. As RAM is 8gb...
  8. FLTMGR and BAD Pool Header errors

FLTMGR and BAD Pool Header errors: So, Im very stressed at the moment, I accidetally downloaded malware and after I removed it my PC restarted and I was given a FLTMGR blue screen of death, it will not allow me to reset my PC because im given an error every time, and all of my restore points are deleted, and...
  9. Problem with a non-paged pool

Problem with a non-paged pool: I know that a non-paged pool is a memory that is used by drivers to allocate memory. Usually it takes about 200 MB but I found out that it grew up considerably and get 1.5 GB. I just have 4 GB of RAM on my PC...
  10. a non-paged pool

a non-paged pool: Hi, I have a problem with a non-paged pool. It was usually up to 200 MB. and recently noticed that it became 1.5GB and even preloading does not help. (I have 4 GB of RAM). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-non-paged-pool/209717ac-c688-46c0-b8ec-86632cbf63b3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fltmgtr.sys nonpaged pool

2. fltmgr.sys causing high paged pool win 10