Windows 10: Big prob

Discus and support Big prob in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a y510p from Lenovo and recently upgraded to win 10. Now Everything looks distorted(well mostly apps) and cannot play any game properly. AND yes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FNaFan, Aug 6, 2015.

1. FNaFan Win User

Big prob

I have a y510p from Lenovo and recently upgraded to win 10. Now Everything looks distorted(well mostly apps) and cannot play any game properly. AND yes i upgraded the Nvidia drivers but no luck. For eg. Worms Ultimate Mayhem is a little zoomed in and cropped. Most Games don't even run and those which run lag like shit. Please a solution..

:)

FNaFan, Aug 6, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

big prob

If your WiFi is working and it is just the button that is gone, right click your Taskbar, choose 'Taskbar Settings'

Scroll down to this section and click each of these options

Big prob [​IMG]

Then turn on the Network Icon on your Taskbar

Big prob [​IMG]

However if your WiFi is not working, another option is to open the Settings App (Gear icon on your Start menu)

• Click the Network and Internet Icon
    • Near the bottom of that Settings Page, click 'Network Reset'
    • You will get a message after a few seconds, 'Your PC will restart in 5 Minutes' - a lot of the time it does not
    • Wait a minute after seeing this message and restart your system

DaveM121, Aug 6, 2015
  3. big prob

Hey there,
    mireillemercieca

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

Not a big problem Big prob :) Easily resolved - I hope.

What you want to do is:

• Right click onto the Network Icon,
    • Click onto Network and Sharing Centre,
    • Click onto Change Adapter Settings,
    • Check to see if the WIFI Adapter has been disabled, if so right click onto it,
    • Click Enable
    The WIFI icon should appear again, after you have done this. If it does not work, please describe what you did to delete this symbol?

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Aug 6, 2015
  4. Big prob

Uninstall the torrent program. Any illegal programs will cause issues.

Brian Berg, Aug 6, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    I'm at a loss as to why you posted that screen. I doubt that your bittorrent client is relevant.

It sounds like you still are on the Microsoft basic display drivers. That would most likely give you the wrong aspect ratio plus lousy performance in games.

bobkn, Aug 6, 2015
  6. FNaFan Win User
    I posted that by mistake. But i realised one thing that every game is stuck at 1920*1080. Before win 10 i could change the resolution by their launchers. But now their is only one option i e 1920*1080. And one more thing the distorted text is the same experiencing in every graphic app such as steam.

FNaFan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Big prob

1. Big prob - Similar Threads - Big prob

2. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a big question.: Yesterday accidentally I was browsing thru my storage and noticed I only have 40gb left.I decided to delete the temporary files and then clicked downloads,obviously i had a lot of things there and I didn t know it would delete downloads and I also deleted the recycle bin...
  3. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a big question.: Yesterday accidentally I was browsing thru my storage and noticed I only have 40gb left.I decided to delete the temporary files and then clicked downloads,obviously i had a lot of things there and I didn t know it would delete downloads and I also deleted the recycle bin...
  4. I have a big question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Anyone know how turn off the big Caps Lock on/off notification on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know how turn off the big Caps Lock on/off notification on windows 11: It comes up with thing on screen saying caps lock on/off and comes up with a lock picture either open or locked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-turn-off-the-big-caps-lock-onoff/35036f49-adb3-4503-a488-6238d4404ecd
  6. Anyone know how turn off the big Caps Lock on/off notification on windows 11

Anyone know how turn off the big Caps Lock on/off notification on windows 11: It comes up with thing on screen saying caps lock on/off and comes up with a lock picture either open or locked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-turn-off-the-big-caps-lock-onoff/35036f49-adb3-4503-a488-6238d4404ecd
  7. i need help big time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need help big time: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settingscan't...
  8. i need help big time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help big time: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settingscan't...
  9. i need help big time

10. i had a big prob i think

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i had a big prob i think: so I'm not even gonna lie, I was trying to download something and my laptop told me not to run it so I didn't and I made sure to run two full system scans with Norton and it only found cookies so I didn't think much of it. Then, a little while later I was finding out how to...