Windows 10: Big Problem With Controllers And The Windows Menus

Discus and support Big Problem With Controllers And The Windows Menus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There's this problem I've been having with Windows 10 for about 2 years. Anytime I'm playing a game, and I disconnect the controller, the Start Menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VangelisDePortay, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Big Problem With Controllers And The Windows Menus

There's this problem I've been having with Windows 10 for about 2 years.

Anytime I'm playing a game, and I disconnect the controller, the Start Menu specifically has the outline as if the controller is controlling the start menu. So for example, if I open the start menu and try to type something, I can't, because it thinks there's still a controller plugged in and controlling the menus.

The only way to fix this is to restart the computer. This is with various controllers, it doesn't matter which one it is. Why do controllers get priority in Windows in the first place? I don't want to control my operating system with a controller in the first place. It's as if the directions on the controller control where I'm going in the OS, which is ridiculous.

For instance, right now in the start menu, it's highlighted as if the controller is highlighting it, but I disconnected it already, but I can't type or do anything because even if I use the arrows to move the item, it's stuck on the first item.

I can't even log off or restart, because it's locking my control of the start menu. This is so annoying.

:)

VangelisDePortay, Apr 11, 2021
  2. dhoshaw Win User

No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Big Problem With Controllers And The Windows Menus

windows 10 control panel

Yes all that will get you to the Control Panel if you have a memory (your human brain) that can handle all that info plus the other places you want to open.... So in the mean time where is this wonderful simple menu that lists 99% of all the places you want
    to get to in Windows 10???? written in =text type= a simple list form that's made for all us

dummies. thank you Tom Cotton

PS: I am sorry but that menu Microsoft is bragging about giving us back is a sorry

peace of work.

HomerCotton, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Big Problem With Controllers And The Windows Menus

1. Big Problem With Controllers And The Windows Menus - Similar Threads - Big Problem Controllers

2. big problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    big problem: Okay, so this is going to be a lot. i had a windows 7 home license but later i upgraded to windows 11 home from windows 10 HOME then i upgraded to windows 11 pro then i needed to activate windows i tried deleteing the windows.old folder but later it said more than 1 day later...
  3. Big lags in games but only while in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big lags in games but only while in menus: Hey all,I recently bought a new laptop - the MSI Thin GF63 12VE-081 - and performance wise it's great. But I have trouble with in-game menus for some weird reason that let my ping spike insanely high or worst case, I even get disconnected.I'm fairly new to this whole PC...
  4. Big lags in games but only while in menus

Big lags in games but only while in menus: Hey all,I recently bought a new laptop - the MSI Thin GF63 12VE-081 - and performance wise it's great. But I have trouble with in-game menus for some weird reason that let my ping spike insanely high or worst case, I even get disconnected.I'm fairly new to this whole PC...
  5. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Problem: Welcome.I have cleared some data by shift + delete from C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local By mistake, I have some programs that do not work, such as Android Studio and AutoCAD Any solution?...
  6. Big problem with windows!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big problem with windows!: I am not the smartest when it comes to computer problems but I can't seem to fix this. First, my settings aren't showing certain options and when I search for the missing settings like personalization, the tab comes up in the search bar but when i click on it nothing happens....
  7. Big problem with windows!

Big problem with windows!: I am not the smartest when it comes to computer problems but I can't seem to fix this. First, my settings aren't showing certain options and when I search for the missing settings like personalization, the tab comes up in the search bar but when i click on it nothing happens....
  8. Big problem with windows!

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Big problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big problem: Guys, i have a big problem I tried to install win 10 to an empty hardisk no windows installed, because C: directory was deleted. But a warning appeared "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" with0xc000021 error code. I've read several articles, it is caused...
  10. a big problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a big problem: Not sure if this is the right place to post but yesterday i got the critical process died error randomly while playing games. I tried everything then went to reset my pc (with keep files) and now its stuck on 1%. What should i do? I really dont want to lose all my stuff as...