Windows 10: Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it

Discus and support Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, sorry to bother you but I need a hand with this really weird problem.Long story short, I installed windows between two disks. And since then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UserNameIsTakenAgain, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it

Hey guys, sorry to bother you but I need a hand with this really weird problem.Long story short, I installed windows between two disks. And since then I have problems. i think thats whyI'll explain it from the start so you can maybe understand what happened and what could I do.I was re-installing windows, couldnt do it for some UEFI and GPT weird thing. So I had to run some commands like diskclean and make a partition to install it, all from the cmd when installing windows. This is what I did or wanted to doAnd I guess in that moment I installed the recovery and the EFI system partiti

:)

UserNameIsTakenAgain, Sep 23, 2022
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Sep 23, 2022
  4. BetoLP Win User

Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it

1. Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it - Similar Threads - Big system problem

2. very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very big problem repair windows: computer doesn't boot into windowsnothing in the "advanced options" of Windows Recovery Environment works, they all failedhow to find the specific window version of a computer can you find that info in the - bios settings - Windows Recovery Environment - or anywhere...
  3. very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very big problem repair windows: computer doesn't boot into windowsnothing in the "advanced options" of Windows Recovery Environment works, they all failedhow to find the specific window version of a computer can you find that info in the - bios settings - Windows Recovery Environment - or anywhere...
  4. very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it: Hey guys, sorry to bother you but I need a hand with this really weird problem.Long story short, I installed windows between two disks. And since then I have problems. i think thats whyI'll explain it from the start so you can maybe understand what happened and what could I...
  6. Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big system problem - Windows installed between 2 disks. Can't update, can't repair it: Hey guys, sorry to bother you but I need a hand with this really weird problem.Long story short, I installed windows between two disks. And since then I have problems. i think thats whyI'll explain it from the start so you can maybe understand what happened and what could I...
  7. Can't install windows 10 on 2 different systems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install windows 10 on 2 different systems: Hey, so I bought a new PC. After building it yesterday I tried installing windows 10 (German). The installation works, then windows restarts the first time installing devices. This works too, but on the next restart it stays stuck on the loading icon. I thought I screwed...
  8. Windows can't be installed on disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't be installed on disk: After receiving a BSOD which said critical process terminated, my inspiron 7567 would not boot up anymore, giving an error that there is no bootable device, and to check the cable. Upon doing a diagnostic through Bios, there was no issue found. Therefore I decided to...
  9. can't install 2 windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't install 2 windows updates: im having problem installing these 2 updates: https://i.gyazo.com/65ae9b66f8b2357d...431c7dede0.png it just keep failing for some reason any idea how you go about it to get them installed if their even worth installing? 19992
  10. Can't "Install/Repair"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't "Install/Repair": Done 100's of these. (Well maybe a couplehundred over the years.) Right now running "Windows 10 Insider Preview Version 1803 (OS Build17112.1)" Thiswas on the HDD of a Mobo crash and is installed on new Mobo and CPU. Noticed I can't do updates, run CMD or powershell and a...