Windows 10: Big thanks and a question about Tutorials

Discus and support Big thanks and a question about Tutorials in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First, I have to give big, big thanks to the guys who write all these tutorials. Even if I think I know how to accomplish a task, it's still very nice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Jun 7, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Big thanks and a question about Tutorials

First, I have to give big, big thanks to the guys who write all these tutorials. Even if I think I know how to accomplish a task, it's still very nice to get an expert opinion.

My question: How do you guys all decide which topics need tutorials? How do you find the time to write up these tutorials? After all, don't you all have day jobs?

:)

x509, Jun 7, 2019
  2. a111087 Win User

3d gamestudio

dark basic comes with built in help that includes a tutorial and all kinds of help to get you started and even offers a step by step guide to creating your first game

a111087, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 7, 2019
  4. bogmali Win User

Folding Essentials/Tutorials

Here is a short and simple -bigadv tutorial. Basically it's the same as the SMP tutorial except a few added steps. Here is the LINK for the SMP tutorial straight from the F@H page.

Additional Steps:

1. Passkey is needed (see tutorial on how to obtain)

2. When you configure your client make sure you:

a. Select "big" as your acceptable size of work assignment

b. Do not enable the -advmethods flag

3. Place the -bigadv flag on client shortcut.

Follow steps 2 and 3 as seen here:

Big thanks and a question about Tutorials -bigadv%20tut.jpg

Note: You need to have least 8 CPU cores in order to qualify and receive -bigadv work units (WU). Intel i7 9XX and 8XX processors qualify because of their 8 total threads. Minimum OC to 3.6 Ghz to qualify for the early completion bonus. I highly recommend that your OC be stable because F@H will stress your rig

If you need further assistance PM myself or BUCK_NASTY*Wink Big thanks and a question about Tutorials ;)

bogmali, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Big thanks and a question about Tutorials - Similar Threads - Big thanks question

2. About the big bug in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About the big bug in windows: Hello sir, I am from india. I am student of engineering college of IT branch. I have found a big bug in all windows version as well as in ms office also. Bug is that any one can activate windows without having a purchased product key. And MS OFFICE also. You should...
  3. Apps I wish - Big thanks of big thanks if you do

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps I wish - Big thanks of big thanks if you do: Please, add Microsoft apps for: - Offline browser - Peer to peer - Batch rename - Batch metadata manipulation - ASCII Art from images - File/folder comparison Please...
  4. A question about passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A question about passwords: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...
  5. BitLocker 'Tutorial' Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker 'Tutorial' Questions: I have been doing some research on protecting personal data, which has led me down a bit of a rabbit hole. I think I've learned a few things about BitLocker, but wanted to confirm what I've learned. I'm running Win10 Pro. When I go to "Manage BitLocker" in my Control...
  6. Question About downloads.cnet.com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question About downloads.cnet.com: Some time ago I stopped trusting downloads.cnet.com because of the first 3 programs I downloaded from them, two of them triggered alerts from ESET Antivirus when I launched the installers. More recently I decided to try them again as a last resort, and ESET blocked the last 3...
  7. Question about Windows 10 "big version" updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about Windows 10 "big version" updates: OS upgrades have never been exactly clean, they usually present issues that seem completely random. People have often said that if you upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that as soon as you're done, do a Reset this PC immediately after because God knows what kind of stuff...
  8. Few Small Questions About After The Recent Big Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Few Small Questions About After The Recent Big Update: So after the big update, I have a few questions. 1. Some of my tiles in the start menu have changed colour from blue to black don't look right next to the blue tiles. How do I change it back to what it was before? 2. Safe to remove both "$WINDOWS.~BT" and "Windows.old"...
  9. 7-Zip question thanks!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-Zip question thanks!: Hi All, Just trying to get my head around 7-Zip. Can someone please tell me what the options below the 7-Zip are? I couldn't find out on their web site. CRC SHA etc???? Thanks!!! If it's obvious, please excuse my ignorance. [img] 65649
  10. Question about a System.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about a System.exe: I noticed today listed in "Startup" (in Task Manager) a System.exe that to be honest i am not sure if it was there before. I checked it and is located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup I let me disable it, but no rename it...