Windows 10: Big thanks and a question about Tutorials

Discus and support Big thanks and a question about Tutorials in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First, I have to give big, big thanks to the guys who write all these tutorials. Even if I think I know how to accomplish a task, it's still very nice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Jun 7, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Big thanks and a question about Tutorials

First, I have to give big, big thanks to the guys who write all these tutorials. Even if I think I know how to accomplish a task, it's still very nice to get an expert opinion.

My question: How do you guys all decide which topics need tutorials? How do you find the time to write up these tutorials? After all, don't you all have day jobs?

:)

x509, Jun 7, 2019
  2. a111087 Win User

3d gamestudio

dark basic comes with built in help that includes a tutorial and all kinds of help to get you started and even offers a step by step guide to creating your first game

a111087, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 7, 2019
  4. bogmali Win User

Folding Essentials/Tutorials

Here is a short and simple -bigadv tutorial. Basically it's the same as the SMP tutorial except a few added steps. Here is the LINK for the SMP tutorial straight from the F@H page.

Additional Steps:

1. Passkey is needed (see tutorial on how to obtain)

2. When you configure your client make sure you:

a. Select "big" as your acceptable size of work assignment

b. Do not enable the -advmethods flag

3. Place the -bigadv flag on client shortcut.

Follow steps 2 and 3 as seen here:

Big thanks and a question about Tutorials -bigadv%20tut.jpg

Note: You need to have least 8 CPU cores in order to qualify and receive -bigadv work units (WU). Intel i7 9XX and 8XX processors qualify because of their 8 total threads. Minimum OC to 3.6 Ghz to qualify for the early completion bonus. I highly recommend that your OC be stable because F@H will stress your rig

If you need further assistance PM myself or BUCK_NASTY*Wink Big thanks and a question about Tutorials ;)

bogmali, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Big thanks and a question about Tutorials - Similar Threads - Big thanks question

2. not a question, but a thanks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not a question, but a thanks.: thank you T. at microsoft or whatever your name was for helping me troubleshoot my mic, while you may not have fixed it, you at least made my day and told me ways i could fix it. You are the best, and to everyone at microsoft, have a good day [:...
  3. not a question, but a thanks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not a question, but a thanks.: thank you T. at microsoft or whatever your name was for helping me troubleshoot my mic, while you may not have fixed it, you at least made my day and told me ways i could fix it. You are the best, and to everyone at microsoft, have a good day [:...
  4. not a question - a big thank you to Maritza Capiro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not a question - a big thank you to Maritza Capiro: Thanks for your solution to file unavailable - directory corrupted.I used your suggestion of CHKDSK.I added the parameters /f /rTook 8+ hours on my 8TB external disk. Didn't appear to work at first; after a reboot, access was restored. Thank you. There are a lot of duplicate...
  5. Thanks for tutorial posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Thanks for tutorial posts: I see the button is missing, and would be nice if was there, but since I cannot thank the posts directly, I will say it here, thank for the tutorial section as it has some very nice registry tweaks. 173521
  6. A big thank you

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A big thank you: Not sure where to put this, hope it's the correct place. For my own reasons I decided I needed a clean install of my Windows 10 (20H2), and subsequently all my programmes. So my first port of call was this site to read the advice, which i read a number of times, and ensured...
  7. BIG Question About activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIG Question About activating Windows 10: [ATTACH] So I had just recently bought parts for a PC and had him build it for me and to make sure everything was set up properly. I however didn't buy a license key because i knew i would have like a 30 day trial or something like that but i was confused as to why i...
  8. Apps I wish - Big thanks of big thanks if you do

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps I wish - Big thanks of big thanks if you do: Please, add Microsoft apps for: - Offline browser - Peer to peer - Batch rename - Batch metadata manipulation - ASCII Art from images - File/folder comparison Please...
  9. BitLocker 'Tutorial' Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker 'Tutorial' Questions: I have been doing some research on protecting personal data, which has led me down a bit of a rabbit hole. I think I've learned a few things about BitLocker, but wanted to confirm what I've learned. I'm running Win10 Pro. When I go to "Manage BitLocker" in my Control...
  10. Question about Windows 10 "big version" updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about Windows 10 "big version" updates: OS upgrades have never been exactly clean, they usually present issues that seem completely random. People have often said that if you upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that as soon as you're done, do a Reset this PC immediately after because God knows what kind of stuff...