Windows 10: Big time problem

Discus and support Big time problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After numerous crashes in windows 10 video_tdr_failure I resorted to reinstalling windows on my device. I selected the primary drive partition and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnPanico1, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Big time problem

After numerous crashes in windows 10 video_tdr_failure I resorted to reinstalling windows on my device. I selected the primary drive partition and the process started. Midway through the computer crashed again, and this time even the error screen was unreadable it is the light blue screen like usual but it is scrambled and unreadable.

Now when I try to replicate the process, I get the error “we couldnt create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the setup log files”.

A few notes:

- I have run tests on the hard drive replaced old HDD with SSD, it passed

- I have run tests on memory upgraded the ram, it passed

- PC doesnt start in safe mode or any mode

- I have an installation media file on a USB drive but to be honest at this point I do not even know if that still has it since the computer has crashed randomly at various stages

- I do not have access to another PC that would allow me to download a new installation media only other laptop is someone else in households macbook

- I have an old windows 7 repair disk but when I load this to reinstall Windows 7 to start over it doesnt let me get past the “recover from old” or “re-image”, neither of which I have.

:)

JohnPanico1, Dec 12, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 12, 2020
  3. big fish error 0x000035a MSVCP140.DLL not compatable with big fish game manager

I gave you a number of things to try besides reinstalling. I took the time to research problems with this game and gave you a comprehensive list of things to try. May I ask why you rated my post unhelpful before you could have possibly tried all the things
    I suggested? Why did you only respond to one small step in a long list?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Dec 12, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Big time problem

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Big time problem :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Big time problem

1. Big time problem - Similar Threads - Big problem

2. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  3. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  4. unanswered: very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unanswered: very big problem repair windows: computer doesn't boot into windowsnothing in the "advanced options" of Windows Recovery Environment works, they all failedhow to find the specific window version of a computer can you find that info in the - bios settings - Windows Recovery Environment - or anywhere...
  5. I have a very big problem of my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a very big problem of my account: Hello, I recently discovered that my Microsoft account has been compromised, and it has left me feeling incredibly vulnerable and anxious. The realization that unauthorized individuals have gained access to my personal information is deeply unsettling. It's a violation of my...
  6. I have a very big problem of my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a very big problem of my account: Hello, I recently discovered that my Microsoft account has been compromised, and it has left me feeling incredibly vulnerable and anxious. The realization that unauthorized individuals have gained access to my personal information is deeply unsettling. It's a violation of my...
  7. I have a very big problem of my account

8. very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very big problem repair windows: computer doesn't boot into windowsnothing in the "advanced options" of Windows Recovery Environment works, they all failedhow to find the specific window version of a computer can you find that info in the - bios settings - Windows Recovery Environment - or anywhere...
  9. very big problem repair windows

very big problem repair windows: computer doesn't boot into windowsnothing in the "advanced options" of Windows Recovery Environment works, they all failedhow to find the specific window version of a computer can you find that info in the - bios settings - Windows Recovery Environment - or anywhere...
  10. very big problem repair windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade