Windows 10: Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files

Discus and support Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have seen a few topics with this question, but no fixes to the problem... On my WD Elements external drive, way back years ago I thought it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rusty30, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Rusty30 Win User

Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files

I have seen a few topics with this question, but no fixes to the problem...

On my WD Elements external drive, way back years ago I thought it would be a good idea to encrypt some of the files and folders. Not sure why.. Anyway, fast forward a good decade or so, and now I would like those few folders and the files in them to not be encrypted. The most of the files are .jpg files.

Things I have tried already are from previous posts in these forums. Including... Right Click> Advanced> Details the encrypted box is checked and greyed out. In the next box I select my namePC in the top, then click OK. This dosent seem to change anything, but, at this point I can check the Compress Files box, and the Encrypt box will somehow uncheck itself. But then I get an Error popup: Error Applying Attributes <Filename and Path> The specified file could not be decrypted.

Also tried selected boot method. No help.

It may be worth noting that most of the files on this drive came from multiple machines, over the years, but most ran Windows 7, some even XP as the OS when stuff was copied over to it. Not totally sure on the actual encrypted files, probably Win7 though.

Please halp! TIA

:)

Rusty30, Jul 18, 2020

2. Padlock Symbol!

Could you please clarify if this padlock symbol refers to (1) voice connections and (2) internet connections?

stan0---01, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Padlock Symbol!

311 browser version 2.2.0.0.33 not connecting WiFi. Small open padlock top right of screen next to WiFi symbol area.

BodymatesRW, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files

Padlock and Yellow Exclaimation!

What if we dont remove the padlock and yellow exclaimation? Is it harmful or risky for data loss?

OR , is there any other process to normalise the system without turning bitlocker ON and then OFF ??

Sayan DasLX, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files

1. Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files - Similar Threads - Big Yellow Padlock

2. Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy: Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy hi,I am facing a problem of yellow padlock on upper right corner of file icon in explorer. meaning ~ it is locked in a way that i cant open, share online or even transfer to other driver or folderI have already tried...1....
  3. Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy: Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy hi,I am facing a problem of yellow padlock on upper right corner of file icon in explorer. meaning ~ it is locked in a way that i cant open, share online or even transfer to other driver or folderI have already tried...1....
  4. Yellow padlock icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow padlock icon: Today when I started my computer I saw a yellow padlock icon on my taskbar . When I clicked on it it disappeared. What is it and will it cause any problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-padlock-icon/c3f7a0d6-7f16-47fa-9caf-400b06d79946
  5. Yellow padlock icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow padlock icon: Today when I started my computer I saw a yellow padlock icon on my taskbar . When I clicked on it it disappeared. What is it and will it cause any problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-padlock-icon/c3f7a0d6-7f16-47fa-9caf-400b06d79946
  6. Yellow padlock icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Yellow Padlock to right of new file

Yellow Padlock to right of new file: W10 21H1About 4 weeks ago all new files I save now have a padlock in top right corner, which I understand is linked to encryption. or permissionsI have not knowingly requested to turn 'On' encryption.I tried Googling and was told to turn off padlock overlay ... I did this all...
  8. Yellow Padlock to right of new file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Padlock to right of new file: W10 21H1About 4 weeks ago all new files I save now have a padlock in top right corner, which I understand is linked to encryption. or permissionsI have not knowingly requested to turn 'On' encryption.I tried Googling and was told to turn off padlock overlay ... I did this all...
  9. Yellow Padlock to right of new file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Padlock and Yellow Exclaimation!

Padlock and Yellow Exclaimation!: What if we dont remove the padlock and yellow exclaimation? Is it harmful or risky for data loss? OR , is there any other process to normalise the system without turning bitlocker ON and then OFF ??...