Windows 10: Biggest disappointment Long file names don't work

Discus and support Biggest disappointment Long file names don't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You cannot find it because it's not there. Simple isn't it *Wink Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 2, 2016.

1. altae Win User

Biggest disappointment Long file names don't work

You cannot find it because it's not there. Simple isn't it *Wink

altae, Aug 3, 2016
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Thanks -- I had a bit of time today for re-testing --that did the trick.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 4, 2016
  3. It is still there. Don't go into the NTFS folder, it is listed in the right hand pane, when "filesystem" is highlighted on the far left

The value has moved from NTFS directly into Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem in the RTM version of the Version 1607.

theoldfarter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Biggest disappointment Long file names don't work

1. Biggest disappointment Long file names don't work - Similar Threads - Biggest disappointment Long

2. File name too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File name too long: I still have an issue with the error "the file name is too long", although it is not. Ihave changed the value in the longpathsenable Keyloccalmachine using registry editor, restarted and same issue !Please advise !...
  3. Disappointed with the long update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappointed with the long update: I got the update in 22H2 in my Windows11 and when I install it, took my time and effort for this then when it restarts it says undoing changes and nothing is updated once i get back to desktop. I want to install the update but it keeps coming back to its current version....
  4. Disappointed with the long update

Disappointed with the long update: I got the update in 22H2 in my Windows11 and when I install it, took my time and effort for this then when it restarts it says undoing changes and nothing is updated once i get back to desktop. I want to install the update but it keeps coming back to its current version....
  5. Files with a very long path and file name don't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with a very long path and file name don't open: Files with a very long name in a nested subfolder do not open unless a copy is made or the folder path property is removed.Interestingly, the File Location in the General properties tab starts with //?D:/ but the folder path in the Details tab starts just with just D:/ I have...
  6. Files with a very long path and file name don't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with a very long path and file name don't open: Files with a very long name in a nested subfolder do not open unless a copy is made or the folder path property is removed.Interestingly, the File Location in the General properties tab starts with //?D:/ but the folder path in the Details tab starts just with just D:/ I have...
  7. Files with a very long path and file name don't open

8. File name too long

in Windows 10 Support
    File name too long: I run Win10: [img] And a browser save on the HDD disk, with filename counting 255 letters. And I cannot rename it, move it, or delete it. And I have enabled in the group policy Win32 long file names: Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10 How can I get rid of...
  9. file name too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file name too long: how to resolve this issue in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-name-too-long/783521af-d0ec-410b-826e-67a50a90159c"
  10. Long File Name Crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Long File Name Crashes: Hi, I appreciate that there are a lot of queries regarding the file names exceeding 260 characters, but when i try to open my folders to rename the files to shorter names I don't get the chance to do this as the window just shuts down again before I can do anything. Is there...