Windows 10: Biggest Thing I'll MIss Going to Win10

Discus and support Biggest Thing I'll MIss Going to Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been watching the screen shots and folks posts about Win10 and I think every thing I have seen is great. I'm looking forward to installing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arelem, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Arelem Win User

Biggest Thing I'll MIss Going to Win10

I have been watching the screen shots and folks posts about Win10 and I think every thing I have seen is great. I'm looking forward to installing it when I feel more confident about doing it over my Win7 Ultimate.

There is one thing I will miss though, my Gadgets.

I use 2 screens and I have a nice little column of Gadgets running down the right side of my secondary screen. They are a clock with alarm and day countdown, processor monitor showing core usage and temps, a graphics board monitor showing utilization, temps and fan speeds, a network monitor with IP address, speed, upload and down stats.

I loved having this little column of monitors that I could glance at and see the health of everything quickly. It has come in handy a few times.

I'm going to miss having that quick reference.

:)

Arelem, Mar 8, 2015

2. Default Browser not working for all programs

Hi all,

After upgrading to Win10 it seems that my default options from Win7 were changed despite going through the customize settings and now I'm having trouble getting them to revert back. The biggest culprit being the browser settings.

I've gone in through Settings -> Default Apps and changed the browser there however it seems certain progs aren't listening to this or there's something else going on. They were all fine in Win7. This is despite a full reboot and other attempts to change
    things.

Am I missing some super secret setting somewhere in the registry or somewhere else to get this to work?

Thanks!

SqueakyWheel, Mar 8, 2015
  3. tomtief Win User
    Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10 clear install

Don't really understand. I upgraded to Win10, noticed that some drivers were missing and reverted seamlessly to Win 8.1,. Absolutely no problem. Biggest issue with Win10 was that the WLAN driver did not work. And my i-tech port replicator did not work correctly.
    For both there are now new Win10 Drivers, but I still hesitate to migrate. I am running Win10 on a self built Desktop, on a ThinkPad X61 and a Yoga 2 8" tablet - all without any issues.

tomtief, Mar 8, 2015
  4. groze Win User

Arelem

This was posted by another member over at the windows 7 forum.

Don't know if this will work for windows 10. Not real sure how safe that site is.

8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8 / 8.1

groze, Mar 9, 2015
  5. Sidebar gadgets?

See: Gadgets have been discontinued

Slartybart, Mar 9, 2015
  6. Agreed.
    Here are a couple of layouts I've made for myself.

Biggest Thing I'll MIss Going to Win10 [​IMG]

Biggest Thing I'll MIss Going to Win10 [​IMG]

lehnerus2000, Mar 9, 2015
  7. lehnerus2000, is that running on Win10?

Looks like something Arelem can investigate
    Rainmeter, desktop customization tool

Slartybart, Mar 9, 2015
  8. Wenda Win User

Yes, they work in Win 10, and tes, the site is safe.

I've been using it ever since MS (wrongly, imo) removed gadgets.

Here's a screenie showing them running on build 9926.

Wenda, Mar 9, 2015
  9. I also use the 8GadgetPack in Win10. Works fine. Just be sure to install v12 -- as the older versions don't work well in W10.

Mark Phelps, Mar 9, 2015
  10. Those screenshots are from W7.
    I have not tried running it on W10TP since each version has only lasted for a few weeks (apart from b9926).

lehnerus2000, Mar 9, 2015
  11. Arelem Win User
    Those look exactly like the gadgets I'm currently running on Win7. I will definitely have to check this one out.

Thank you Wenda. *Thumbs

BTW, love the old steam engine with coaches. *Biggrin

Arelem, Mar 9, 2015
  12. Arelem Win User
    Thanks groze. I saw Wenda's pic of them and that would be exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you very much for the pointer. *Thumbs

Arelem, Mar 9, 2015
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

*Ditto

14. lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Biggest Thing I'll MIss Going to Win10 - Similar Threads - Biggest Thing I'll

2. Biggest idiots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biggest idiots: In microsoft are the most stupid people. Microsodt has the worst support among everyone. Someone stole my account, into i put more than 60€ and only thing microsoft was able to respond with, was that they can not give me my account back, they can only suspend my old account....
  3. Biggest idiots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biggest idiots: In microsoft are the most stupid people. Microsodt has the worst support among everyone. Someone stole my account, into i put more than 60€ and only thing microsoft was able to respond with, was that they can not give me my account back, they can only suspend my old account....
  4. When these things going back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When these things going back?: List of disappears.Cannot remove showing date in taskbar.Cannot resize taskbar icons.Cannot disable show more options in context menu to visible full menu instead of short.Rounded corners of windows look crooked on old programs.Cannot change taskbar location. Need top.Cannot...
  5. I'll need help with this.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'll need help with this.: I just recently built a new PC and it worked for the first few days. Then out of nowhere, while I was using it, explorer.exe just randomly froze along with every other app. For example: Everytime I open up the "Search" tab on the taskbar, nothing pops up. Again, every other...
  6. Favorite Feature I'll Miss

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorite Feature I'll Miss: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sticka-7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pbk8m1/favorite_feature_ill_miss/
  7. Things missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Things missing.: Hi my computer isn't loading multiple things. First of all when I load my computer from start it loads with my background and everything but the taskbar doesn't load the stuff on it for a couple minutes. Then my Windows search bar just isn't working, when I click on it pops...
  8. How to install Store, camera and other things missing from Win10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to install Store, camera and other things missing from Win10: I took over my husband's laptop after I got him a new one. It's missing store, camera and just about everything else that Microsoft puts on computers. I have tried everything including Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  9. Random things going on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random things going on: Ok, so I have no idea what is going on. I rearranged my living room and disconnected everything last night. I put everything back together, and now my computer is doing random things. When I have FB pulled up, i try to open chat boxes, they close automatically, and letters...
  10. Weird things going on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird things going on: So i installed TDU2 with a "legit" patch with some cars. It worked for like 2 hours then in started to do some weird things and the launcher gave me some crazy crashes and i uninstalled the things and i decided to restart my pc and now almost all my files have one of those :...